Cleveland 588 Fairway Wood Preview

Today is the day to go out and see this guy in person. Whose all going to make it out and check out the 588 Fairway Woods and hybrids????

Im going to try to, at least the FW since I already have hit and now have a man crush on the hybo

Question for the people who have hit this club. Does this club have a bigger head than the classic fw or is more mashie like?

I wasn't a big mashie fan, more cause of the offset I had issues with, but it is nothing like the classic in size. It's much leaner and aerodynamic than the classic was. It's much longer width wise which I enjoy.

I'll be heading out of work today after lunch and have a date with the 588 Custom driver if they are in yet. We shall see!

Good luck finding the new clubs fellas. Not in the cards for me today. Home with the baby.

Good luck finding the new clubs fellas. Not in the cards for me today. Home with the baby.

Thanks hawk, hopefully they will have them today and I can put my thoughts up about them. Enjoy the the time with the baby.

Ugh, I'm in the same boat WCBM. I planned on getting a FW anyway, but also have a Bertha Driver coming at #theking. My rational I'm using to pull the trigger on this totally unnecessary spend would be that it's only costing me about $80-100 more than the fairway wood would, and I can always sell the driver unless I really really love it....and it also gives me something to play with for the next two months.

Damn, glad my wife isn't on these boards or I'd be in real trouble :bulgy-eyes:

No dice for me today at my local GG. This happened with the SmartSoles too. #aggravating

I'm going to stop by Golfsmith on the way home and see if they have them in stock. I might be pulling the trigger on the budget golf deal. GS also has a deal if you buy the driver and the FW you get a hybo for free... not as good a deal as budget golf.

Well that stinks Pete. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find the 588's and #TakeFlight with them. Gotta try this guy out and against the X2hot I have.
No dice for me today at my local GG. This happened with the SmartSoles too. #aggravating

Ugh, I'm in the same boat WCBM. I planned on getting a FW anyway, but also have a Bertha Driver coming at #theking. My rational I'm using to pull the trigger on this totally unnecessary spend would be that it's only costing me about $80-100 more than the fairway wood would, and I can always sell the driver unless I really really love it....and it also gives me something to play with for the next two months.

Damn, glad my wife isn't on these boards or I'd be in real trouble :bulgy-eyes:

Yup agreed. On. Every. Single. Thing. In. This. Post.

Easy. The 588 deal applies to 5 and 7 woods as well.

HAHAHA yup. This is exactly where I was going too. Or I could try out the 14*

I'd like to thank budgetgolf for not having the driver in the specs I'd want! Just saved me some cash. :D That is a heckuva deal though. I'm half tempted to do it and ebay the driver.

Just went to golfsmith here. They had a few demos, but none available to buy yet. Looked great in person. still a nice tall face which is great off the tee, but still definitely a little bit of a closed face/draw bias. I hit a few of the 14 degree off the tee, its basically a mini driver. lot of power in it.

I pulled the trigger on the driver and 3w combo. Really like my current driver, but was too good a deal to not buy em both. Haven't hit a fw in ages, so really looking forward to this one. And now I'll have gear from all 5 MC OEMs.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Neb!

Thats great to hear Ryan. So.... when you coming to Illinois with them bad boys for me to try them??? Which driver did you end up getting?
I pulled the trigger on the driver and 3w combo. Really like my current driver, but was too good a deal to not buy em both. Haven't hit a fw in ages, so really looking forward to this one. And now I'll have gear from all 5 MC OEMs.

Thats great to hear Ryan. So.... when you coming to Illinois with them bad boys for me to try them??? Which driver did you end up getting?

I got the Custom 10.5* coming.

I got the Custom 10.5* coming.

Nice just what I wanted. To good of a deal to pass up. Can't wait to hear how they are out on the course.

Nice just what I wanted. To good of a deal to pass up. Can't wait to hear how they are out on the course.

Scratch that, just called and got the 15.5*. Didn't see it as an option the first time. Can't freaking wait to try it out.

Scratch that, just called and got the 15.5*. Didn't see it as an option the first time. Can't freaking wait to try it out.

Nice man

Well I was able to find the 588 Fairway Wood thanks to Bhilln telling me it was at the all seasons driving range in Bloomington. Well I tried out the 15.5° and really enjoyed it. Defiantly felt light to me and almost felt like it was a hybrid for me. I just tried it on the turf and really wanna see what it can to tee'd up. Say I just tried the R-Flex and thought I might need something with a little more weight to it. But I am going to wait till it warms up so I can go and get numbers on this and see what fits me best. But if you haven't tried this Fairway Wood I would say give it a try and I think you'll enjoy it.
IMG_20140209_140309_4751.jpg

Well I was able to find the 588 Fairway Wood thanks to Bhilln telling me it was at the all seasons driving range in Bloomington. Well I tried out the 15.5° and really enjoyed it. Defiantly felt light to me and almost felt like it was a hybrid for me. I just tried it on the turf and really wanna see what it can to tee'd up. Say I just tried the R-Flex and thought I might need something with a little more weight to it. But I am going to wait till it warms up so I can go and get numbers on this and see what fits me best. But if you haven't tried this Fairway Wood I would say give it a try and I think you'll enjoy it.
IMG_20140209_140309_4751.jpg

Oh God, I have to goto Bloomington on Monday and didn't need to see this picture

Sorry Man we have been getting snow here for awhile. Maybe you can bring some of that heat up with you. Would rather try to hit this on the grass than on the turf. Say if your free head on over to the All Seasons driving range and try some of the demo's out. http://www.allseasonsglc.com/
Oh God, I have to goto Bloomington on Monday and didn't need to see this picture

Back