For Rhyno: I think you'll be very happy with the amp

If Rob chappers likes it, it's probably good haha

Sweet, don't know how you get so many different sounds out of one guitar... Yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sweet, don't know how you get so many different sounds out of one guitar... Yet.

It's all from the pickups and the amp settings, once you start learning, you'll begin messing around with tone on your guitar and amp and will find something that fits you.

It's all from the pickups and the amp settings, once you start learning, you'll begin messing around with tone on your guitar and amp and will find something that fits you.

Then, once you've run the gamut of sonic capabilities with your guitar and amp, you ll begin tinkering with effects pedals. This as slippery of a slope as anything you'll find anywhere, but please, for the love of all things good and holy, don't become The Edge

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Then, once you've run the gamut of sonic capabilities with your guitar and amp, you ll begin tinkering with effects pedals. This as slippery of a slope as anything you'll find anywhere, but please, for the love of all things good and holy, don't become The Edge

jPTTP4o.jpg

Great job Rhyno, I'm excited for ya buddy. Music is the voice of the soul brother.

I keep finding expensive hobbies, golf, shooting, guitars.
Though guitar may not be as expensive as the violin which I did briefly as a kid and am still fond of the music.

Though guitar may not be as expensive as the violin which I did briefly as a kid and am still fond of the music.

The thing about a good guitar, is that you'll use it forever! Unlike golf haha.

When should you get your stuff in? Musicians friend is always good, free shipping and really fast!

The cool thing about them is they offer their MF card that let's you pay 12 months no interest, this is how I've been able to buy some things like my Les Paul, those things are like 2500

Wow, there must be something in the water here on THP. Those are my favorite hobbies as well and yes they are expensive. :)

I play guitar and bass but mostly bass these days. I had a Modulus Quantum 5 for many years and I'm hoping to upgrade to a Geoff Gould bass (the original founder of Modulus graphite) in the next few years (after I get my kids through college. Darn tuition payments). Guitar wise, I have an original '83 Fender Strat from high school that is unmodified and it's in excellent condition. Black with a white pickguard- Eric Clapton style. I also live in Maryland about 10 miles from where the PRS factory so there is a lot of PRS culture here. I remember the '80s when Paul Reed Smith was just a luthier here in town. How times change!

Amp wise, I'm very fond of my Ampeg SVT3 pro amp and my Genz Benz 4x10 cabinet. For guitar amps, I love Mesa Boogie.

I'm 47 and still go to a lot of concerts. I'm going to see Dream Theater in Washington DC in April and Armin Van Buuren at MSG in NYC in April with one of my daughters. Life is good !

no idea when, I got a shipping notification but it hasn't been updated yet. Might take til Monday.

Haha, my wife syas the same thing about me lol, it's money that could be spent on many other things like strip clubs and other places, could be worse I tell her.

I feel your pain bud haha. Golf, skiing, and guitar for me. I also play sax which was expensive in terms of entry cost, but now it's pretty cheap as all I have to do is buy a box of reeds every so often. Less to tinker with for the sax haha, although my old teacher had a pretty solid amount of cash absorbed in different mouthpieces and ligatures...

Yeah well you're almost there. Add flyfishing and skiing to the list and you can join me on the "Wtf Were You Thinking" Olympic medal podium :D

I've dabbled in fly fishing.. Haha even fishing gets expensive, especially if you add a boat.

Holy hell man! So what size back up generator do you have at your house? Lol

Haha that's not mine, it's the edge hahah.

I've dabbled in fly fishing.. Haha even fishing gets expensive, especially if you add a boat.

Yeah it does, fishing gets crazy expensive.

Haha that's not mine, it's the edge hahah.

Is that from It's About To Get Loud or whatever it was called with jack white, jimmy page and the effect guy?

Yeah it does, fishing gets crazy expensive.

Yes it does. I've added to boat, a float tube, 4 rods, and gov of other stuff I just HAD to have. Lol

Yes it does. I've added to boat, a float tube, 4 rods, and gov of other stuff I just HAD to have. Lol

You are in the trout capital dude! I'm jealous.

Hey give the LP 100 credit, it feels like rich man firewood...the special feels like driftwood :alien: hahaha

Yep, I have an LP 100, and I can personally attest that it pretty much sucks. It sits in the corner now though as I play my PRS and my Schecter 7 hehe :D Will probably be trying to offload it pretty soon for $$ towards the Blackstar.

Take that LP100 and set the action up higher if need be and play slide on it. My ear gravitates to Fender sounds on guitar; however, for slide with a humbucker on the bridge pickup now that is Duane Allman/Derek Trucks slide heaven. A buddy gave me his LP100 for helping him with some stuff and that's the way I use mine as my Fender Deluxe Strat's action is too low for slide but perfect for regular playing.

You are in the trout capital dude! I'm jealous.

Yeah, I came here for that reason and I'm thankful every day. If you're ever out this way, ill gladly take ya out

Take that LP100 and set the action up higher if need be and play slide on it. My ear gravitates to Fender sounds on guitar; however, for slide with a humbucker on the bridge pickup now that is Duane Allman/Derek Trucks slide heaven. A buddy gave me his LP100 for helping him with some stuff and that's the way I use mine as my Fender Deluxe Strat's action is too low for slide but perfect for regular playing.

Now this ain't a bad idea at all. I suck at slide guitar, but this might just be a good way to learn. I'll definitely have to raise the action, cause I tried to play slide on it a little bit a couple years ago but I got all kinds of fret buzz.

I feel your pain bud haha. Golf, skiing, and guitar for me. I also play sax which was expensive in terms of entry cost, but now it's pretty cheap as all I have to do is buy a box of reeds every so often. Less to tinker with for the sax haha, although my old teacher had a pretty solid amount of cash absorbed in different mouthpieces and ligatures...

Dude, I really want to buy a sax. Since I play the flute, it would be easy to play for me.

Dude, I really want to buy a sax. Since I play the flute, it would be easy to play for me.

Nice dude! I feel the same way about flute, seems like every sax professor I had was also an excellent flautist. If you need any tips on saxes, I'm your guy.

Back