Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

Am I missing it? Im only seeing one iron.

Am I missing it? Im only seeing one iron.

Im assuming he has or knows the numbers from a prior monitor session ;)

Yes sorry for the confusion. I launched my rockbladez 4 iron at at 11.8 degrees and it had a maximum height of 29.2 yards average (I have the launch monitor printout from my rockbladez testing last year)

Feel was incredible and so happy with my shaft choice. Such a great ball flight with every iron. Couldn't believe how easy I was launching the 4 iron.

You were smashing that 4 iron.

I was browsing ebay & ran across this Yonex iron from the mid-2000s. I don't recall ever seeing these back then.

mtneww.jpg

The Apex Pro was the 1st thing that popped into my head.

I don't see it.

Yes sorry for the confusion. I launched my rockbladez 4 iron at at 11.8 degrees and it had a maximum height of 29.2 yards average (I have the launch monitor printout from my rockbladez testing last year)

Ohhhh. So they were not tested side by side, but a year apart. Okay, that makes more sense.

Ohhhh. So they were not tested side by side, but a year apart. Okay, that makes more sense.

Actually the rocketbladez numbers were the same for me in November when I was getting lessons. Same launch monitor I hit the Apex Pros on today so only really 2 months apart.

Not the most controlled experiment sure, but it's a comparison none the less

I think the heavier shaft has a lot to do with it. I no longer come across and trap the ball with my long irons because the extra weight in the shaft really muffles my tendency to come over the top.

Not the most controlled experiment sure, but it's a comparison none the less

I think the heavier shaft has a lot to do with it. I no longer come across and trap the ball with my long irons because the extra weight in the shaft really muffles my tendency to come over the top.

+1 on the heavier shaft. Helps me stay in the slot at the top too. I have officially decided on the Apex Pro over the MP54 and AP2. Only decision left is Tour V-stiff or 120g Tour-stiff. Hit with both again tonight--about 25 balls with each. Both feel awesome but better ball flight and much better dispersion for me with the 120g model. I will be ordering 5-A wedge in short order. Pretty excited about it!

+1 on the heavier shaft. Helps me stay in the slot at the top too. I have officially decided on the Apex Pro over the MP54 and AP2. Only decision left is Tour V-stiff or 120g Tour-stiff. Hit with both again tonight--about 25 balls with each. Both feel awesome but better ball flight and much better dispersion for me with the 120g model. I will be ordering 5-A wedge in short order. Pretty excited about it!

Awesome stuff man. Can't wait to read your thoughts when you put them into play!

Hit the Apex Pro with C-Taper Lites at Club Champion yesterday and they feel and look awesome! Picked up about 8 yards in carry over my old AP-2s which I'll take all day.

Just had a great lesson with my Apex Pros. I'm finding that the distance gain is approximately 5 yards overall. Which is pretty decent. The thing that I'm most excited about is I was able to keep the dispersion is staying pretty consistent at 4 yards left of the target. It's pretty awesome seeing the tight draw and solid dispersion.

Just had a great lesson with my Apex Pros. I'm finding that the distance gain is approximately 5 yards overall. Which is pretty decent. The thing that I'm most excited about is I was able to keep the dispersion is staying pretty consistent at 4 yards left of the target. It's pretty awesome seeing the tight draw and solid dispersion.

I love hearing this. I have found that my dispersion is much tighter than the XHPs and I haven't lost any distance. I think when it is all said and done these clubs will be my full time gamers. Just solid clubs top to bottom.

The 8th hole yesterday where I played was 149 yards. I was striking the ball well and it was warmer, so I was getting my normal summer distances. Decided to go with the 8 iron and choke down a hair. Tee was on the far right of a wide box, flag was back left of a fairly large green. The ball flew right over the top of the flag and spun back about four and a half feet, leaving me with this:

ru4u7yze.jpg

I really like these irons.

I am seeing the same thing Kevin. I am really shocked at the dispersion with these irons. Such a predicable ball flight.

I am seeing the same thing Kevin. I am really shocked at the dispersion with these irons. Such a predicable ball flight.

It's an awesome feeling though ain't it? Wit. These irons I'm able to eliminate one half of the golf course. I'm going to assume the heavier shafts are helping me with accuracy

It's an awesome feeling though ain't it? Wit. These irons I'm able to eliminate one half of the golf course. I'm going to assume the heavier shafts are helping me with accuracy

I the heavier shaft is definitely a part of it.

Dispersion is tighter for me as well.

Something I noticed when I was playing last Sunday was that the black polymer insert has fallen out of my PW. Not sure when it happened, but I was cleaning my irons with the built-in club cleaner in the cart earlier in the round. I didn't notice adverse effects with the shots I hit, but maybe it's something I will notice on thin ones as the insert is used to minimize vibration.

IMG_1431_zpscf6f24ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That sucks. Have you contacted Callaway about it yet?

Something I noticed when I was playing last Sunday was that the black polymer insert has fallen out of my PW. Not sure when it happened, but I was cleaning my irons with the built-in club cleaner in the cart earlier in the round. I didn't notice adverse effects with the shots I hit, but maybe it's something I will notice on thin ones as the insert is used to minimize vibration.

IMG_1431_zpscf6f24ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This happened with my 7 iron, I sevr back for repair. Should have next week

The 8th hole yesterday where I played was 149 yards. I was striking the ball well and it was warmer, so I was getting my normal summer distances. Decided to go with the 8 iron and choke down a hair. Tee was on the far right of a wide box, flag was back left of a fairly large green. The ball flew right over the top of the flag and spun back about four and a half feet, leaving me with this:

ru4u7yze.jpg

I really like these irons.

very nice, the look of both sets looks nice

IMG_1431_zpscf6f24ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You have been practicing too much. You need to give those clubs a break. Don't you have a wedding coming up...

Happened to me too on a couple irons. Call em and let them know, they'll get you taken care of

Happened to me too on a couple irons. Call em and let them know, they'll get you taken care of

John, Freddie and you. You guys have been putting these clubs through a workout.

Man I feel bad. I am not playing near enough golf. I hate this weather.

Callaway's customer service is top notch, so I know I will be well taken care of.

You have been practicing too much. You need to give those clubs a break. Don't you have a wedding coming up...

Have you been talking with my fiancee or something? She says I play too much, I say I don't play enough.

This happened with my 7 iron, I sevr back for repair. Should have next week

I will probably send it off next week. I'm not too worried about it.

That sucks. Have you contacted Callaway about it yet?

Not yet, but will do so soon.

Back