Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

Pretty sure they have to, no? Isn't their consumer protection laws for that type of stuff?

Dont think so, we have seen time and time again where the cancel the orders all together and issue refund

anyone pull the trigger on the deal before it went south?

Yes, I did. Got an email saying my order was processed... so fingers crossed that it ships.
Nice dude. I hope it works out. I was going to order it tonight as I couldn't do it from work. Got home and checked, and it was changed.

Nice dude. I hope it works out. I was going to order it tonight as I couldn't do it from work. Got home and checked, and it was changed.

ir13 and I split an order - he got the FW, I got the driver...hope it works out, as I want to swing this beast soon!

imh3 and I split an order - he got the FW, I got the driver...hope it works out, as I want to swing this beast soon!

I hope so dude. I had planned on it when I got home tonight.

Went to Dicks and FB messaged the local golf shop and no new 588 Driver/woods/hybrids in today. Both told me they didn't know when they would be out to look at and try. :(

Will be interesting to see if they honor everyone elses.

According to Alex at Cleveland it was supposed to be Buy a Driver AND 3W and get a free FW or Hybo
Seems to be mass confusion on the part of golf websites. TGW.com had the same deal listed earlier, but when I just checked, it's been updated to say "Free fairway or Hybrid when you buy a 588 Driver AND Fairway."

I also had no luck finding them in Albany today.

Yeah this is what Alex told me today.
Seems to be mass confusion on the part of golf websites. TGW.com had the same deal listed earlier, but when I just checked, it's been updated to say "Free fairway or Hybrid when you buy a 588 Driver AND Fairway."

My order went through for sure, now to see if they'll honor it. I haven't received any shipping notification yet so who knows but it's still listed under current orders. If they don't I understand because $257 for a driver and a fairway that got released today is pretty much stealing haha.

I swung it at GolfTown today and I love the look of it, but my old trusty Amp Cell was straighter and longer by a decent margin. The longer and lighter philosophy just never seems to mesh with me.

Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

I hit it today at Golfsmith, both the Regular and Stiff, had 10 yds shorter on the stuff but mostly draws and pulls with some bombs down the middle, didn't ask to adjust it but wish I did... My launch was averaging around 12.5 and spin was avging 2900 I'm definitely adding this to ponder and put it right behind the bio cell in terms of testing performance.

Using Tapatalk

Did you hit the Stock X? 9.0 or 10.5? 1700-2300 is awesome!

I hit the 10.5 stiff.

PGA Superstore is offering the FW or Hybrid when you buy the driver. It's not a buy 2 get 1 free.

They all had the same deal. Golfsmith, tgw, budget, PGA. All of them.

I hit the 10.5 stiff.

PGA Superstore is offering the FW or Hybrid when you buy the driver. It's not a buy 2 get 1 free.

That might be the only one

I hit the 10.5 stiff.

You killed the 10.5 stiff for the record.

I've got some tuning to do but was encouraged by the feel, sound and flight!

Sounds like a pretty complete big stick

I know it's only one session, but do you have any initial thoughts on what kind of adjustments you'd make to the setup?

I know it's only one session, but do you have any initial thoughts on what kind of adjustments you'd make to the setup?

And or shaft thoughts? I know you liked the stock but other than that, what would you pair it with ?

The tuning options on this bad boy are just crazy. Loft, face angle, swing weight... if you can't get this club where it needs to be, it might not be the club...

Glad to hear you liked it, Big Time. Well, I am and I'm not, because that just means you're going to be even tougher to beat in the MC.

The tuning options on this bad boy are just crazy. Loft, face angle, swing weight... if you can't get this club where it needs to be, it might not be the club...

Glad to hear you liked it, Big Time. Well, I am and I'm not, because that just means you're going to be even tougher to beat in the MC.

This is totally true. Options pretty much for everyone in all directions

It really will be an interesting showdown for me between this and the Altitude. I just hope I can find a fitter that knows what they are doing.

Back