The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my third lesson of the year today. Have not had the opportunity to get to the range since the last lesson(weather) , but practiced what I could in the house.
Today showed that my progress is not moving along very fast. I have a problem getting my wrists set. Kind of hard with the issue that I am having with the pain in my left elbow, not golf related. I could not perform the move that the instructor s trying to get me to do. All I did was cause myself to be in extreme pain.
So my practice time after the lesson was cut down to two swings. I just could not do anymore.
I have a round scheduled for tomorrow with Cookie, capt dru, and Shaker. Not sure what my game will k like, but it's not promising looking.

Went and practiced tonight in the basement with irons and did some putting. Tried out O'Carroll's altitude 6 Hybron and loved it. Felt easy to hit and I can't wait to try it on the course and range. After that worked with smart square putter and that went well. I think going to that from the Seemore has helped my putting game.

I had my worst practice session in quite some time today. Just one of those days where nothing wanted to work and nothing wanted to cooperate.

First, the range was packed, and everybody was more interested in hanging out than practicing. Someone was always in my ear. Just annoying.

Then, the range was set up on a pretty uneven patch of grass. Once I started getting into longer irons and woods, the awkward lies really started to affect things. I started getting quick and over swinging, and I just wasn't hitting it.

Ultimately, I finished the session just going back to pitch shots and thinking about tempo. I started to get a feel for my swing again, and it made me feel like the entire session wasn't a waste.

Pitching and chipping were actually pretty good. Putting was just atrocious. I'm getting back to thinking more about mechanics than line, and it's getting in my way. After about an hour f frustrated putting, I went back to seeing the line and rolling the ball over the line without thinking about my stroke. Putting started to immediately get better.

Just a frustrating day. I really hate those. Fortunately , there's always tomorrow.

Keep your head up ATL we all have an off day.

Yeah I'd take the distance from 2 years ago any day so excited to get started

you'll get there, just got to put in some work

I took my third lesson of the year today. Have not had the opportunity to get to the range since the last lesson(weather) , but practiced what I could in the house.
Today showed that my progress is not moving along very fast. I have a problem getting my wrists set. Kind of hard with the issue that I am having with the pain in my left elbow, not golf related. I could not perform the move that the instructor s trying to get me to do. All I did was cause myself to be in extreme pain.
So my practice time after the lesson was cut down to two swings. I just could not do anymore.
I have a round scheduled for tomorrow with Cookie, capt dru, and Shaker. Not sure what my game will k like, but it's not promising looking.

Take it easy if you in that much pain.

Whew an hour working on chipping complete. Worked on various shot types, distance control, and stopping the ball.
#itscomingtogether

Range time today. Gotta get my swing in order and get a handle on these MD2's.... Last two times out they did not agree with me. If I have another bad range session with then, they prob will end up on the MP.

Was hoping to finally get outdoor range time today... weather not cooperating. But it will be in upper 40s and mid 50s all next week!. Fingers crossed for range and course time!

Out of town yesterday so took a day off. Just got done with a workout and drill session. Had the light bulb go off with the hip bump. Just tiny swings right now. The way I'm turning through the ball is going to take a little time. Shoulders are much steeper and I've got to get myself more flexible. I hit the ground with my golf club. That's new lol. Been doing the stretch drill I referenced earlier quite a bit, so two weeks from now I plan to see some good progress.

Can't watch your video on mobile FF. Will check it out later.

Man I've been putting on my birdie ball a lot this weekend. One thing is for sure, my putting will be in mid season form by the time the snow melts

Putting session with my short game instructor

demugeve.jpg

I bet he makes sure you don't keep dogging it over there...

Just lots more work on my backswing, per Freddie's advice. Trying to ingrain starting with my left shoulder, and getting the weight into my right instep by the top of my backswing. Taking vids has been invaluable - not only was I able to see how terrible my original backswing was, I'm able to see what I'm doing better or what needs work.

Had a lot of house stuff to get do e today so it limited my practice. I did get about 30 min of chipping and putting in today and plan on working out tonight

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Putting practice today for an hour or so. Snow and cold prevents any full swing or range practice. I think I have found the best spot to grip with the counter balanced putter. Setting the club behind and ball and stepping up to the ball puts my body in the correct spot. Then I let me arms hang down naturally and grip the club. Really easy to make a simple shoulder tilt and a consistent stroke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Got home from a long road trip this afternoon in time to head to the range with my daughter. Her golf season for high school starts in a little over a week. With both started off a little rusty but were both hitting better shots by the end of our session.

Just got done with irons practice and some putting. Really concentrated on head movement and the takeaway. Thought I did pretty good according to the face tape. I was hitting the Cleveland 6 altitude Hybron tonight and man it's easy to hit. After that worked on putting and concentrated on five feet in. Got more work to do with the smart square but I am starting to feel comfortable with it.

Putting practice for about an hour today. Got the birdieball out into the living room, so I could unroll it all the way and work on some 15 footers. I've been putting with the SeeMore to get used to it, and I'm quite pleased with it. I threw down a bunch of balls at random distances and bounced from ball to ball to get putts of different lengths back to back. I also used a metronome to get a good sense of tempo. Excellent training aid.

Spent some time at the GolfTec booth yesterday at the expo. Hooked up to the vest and walked through the swing. All green through the take away, but red to yellow on getting in the slot. OTT due to some issues with my right elbow and not driving it to my hip. Worked on it a few minutes and swung again. Much better, feels odd, but yellow to green on the video. Good stuff and need some practice time that won't happen until next weekend, boo.

did some putting on the birdie ball and work on my turn and loading the right side with a club across my chest.

After the mid-day practice session I was able to spend last night working out. Tonight will continue where I left off with the drills hopefully. Big thing for me is to remember that even though I'm working on something sort of deliberately I still need to stay loose and have some sort of rhythm.

After the mid-day practice session I was able to spend last night working out. Tonight will continue where I left off with the drills hopefully. Big thing for me is to remember that even though I'm working on something sort of deliberately I still need to stay loose and have some sort of rhythm.

I'm impressed that you can work on something daily in IL this time of year.

I'm impressed that you can work on something daily in IL this time of year.

I'm blessed to have a pretty sweet set up at home. Without that I'd be either 1) spending a bunch of money or 2) banging my head on the wall. Long winter this year.

At the range ingraining this shorter backswing. Another hour here, an hour on the putter green then playing 18.
#teamhackersprep

Another really shaky session today. Don't know whats happened to my swing the past week but I've really been struggling for any consistency. Got a little better towards the end as I relaxed a bit.

My driver was laughable though, trying out different things led to some, interesting results...! Don't like the low tees they have on the mats at the range, prefer my driver to be up a bit higher, especially since putting a lower launching shaft on there.

Have my first ever fitting tomorrow, think with it being with the pro that I have been taking lessons with hopefully he'll be able to spot if I've drifted into any bad habits recently. Got plenty of time to practise, courses are far too wet around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back