On-Course Behaviors That Drive You Crazy

People that walk with there push cart or golf cart on the cart path when your trying to make a putt on the green and there loud as heck. Also the stupid people that don't call fore and are behind you and know they can hit it that far. Almost got hit a couple times last year.

I tend don't let much bother me except for the following:

1. The foursome that waits on the tee box for the green to clear on a 590 yard par 5.
2. Another bothersome course happening is seeing divots in the green. How hard is it to fix your ball mark??? You should be proud that you hit the green, so go over there and fix it!
3. The slamming on brakes guy.

The club thrower doesn't bother me... I tend to chuckle when it hits the cart path.

I have to add this one after this past weekend:

Lack of Situation Awareness when there are hard object flying at over 100mph all around you......

On the 1st hole, one of my playing partners was getting ready to hit his 2nd shot into the green and a guy drove a golf cart right in front of the green as he was swinging. He never even looked down the fairway he was driving across.

The 3rd and 12th fairways run side by side and we were teeing off on #3. There was noone in front of us, but it was crowded over on 12. One of the guys from 12 had pulled his ball into the edge of the #3 fairway. The group in front of him were still in range, so he proceeded to sit on the edge of our fairway, right in the range of where most people hit their drives. He was clueless and never even turned around to see if there was anyone on the tee box.

People who don't let you play through.

I play pretty fast but some days it's just not in me, so I let people through because I just want to take my time. It's not that hard to wait an extra 5 minutes on the tee, especially when it takes you 3 swings to get off it anyways (jokeee).

Retentive guy with a cover for everything and a place in his bag for everything and has to pull it out take off the cover use it put the cover back on and put it back in his bag before he moves. Drives me nuts.

OK, lets have your biggest PET PEEVE on the golf course ---> GO

OK, lets have your biggest PET PEEVE on the golf course ---> GO

Mine is people walking up the fairway or driving their cart to the right of me. Once every round or two I have a catastrophic shank & it rockets to the right directly across the intended line. It's pretty scary to watch. It's always in my mind when someone walks to the right of my shot & more often than not, I mess up the shot because I'm thinking about it. HATE that :angry:

There are lots of them, but the ones that occur often are slow play and talking while I'm swinging or about to swing. Drives me nuts. Keep your mouth shut for 10 seconds! I know a guy with a GPS who still paces off to markers or the green, then reads every putt like he's on tour.

People that talk obnoxiously loud no matter who may be around of that somebody else on the golf course may be lining up to hit a shot or stroke a putt. Also, the inconsiderate golf cart drivers that keep driving to suite their needs irregardless that somebody else may be trying to concentrate on or hitting a shot on the hole they are zooming by.

There's one thing that has slowly been climbing up my peeve-o-meter and that's walking onto a green that looks like the surface of mars. FIX.YOUR.DAMN.BALL.MARKS!!!

So yesterday during my round I encounter two things that reminded me of this thread.
I was putting for birdie on a green when a threesome from the adjacent hole started shouting. Now mind you I wouldnt have gotten upset at all if they were holing out, made a birdie or something like this. However they were yelling at every shot the three hit any way near the hole. I watch 2 putts go rolling by the hole by at lwast 7- 10 feet and each time it was " Omg that was so close! You almost made double!" I get enthusiasm and being stoked to play, maybe a double was a great score from him, but dont yell ay the top of your lungs on every shot.
2. After the 10th hole I caught up to a two some. They were fairly new to the game and I acknowledge things were going to slow down a little. Figured it was a good chance to keep the consentration when pace of play changes. I get that you are new a little slower, but please let someone play through or dont practice the putt you missed 4 times on every green.

played with a guy yesterday who was talking to his ball, I am not saying sit, get up, etc. we all do it. I am talking about a guy who is 145 yards out hits a shot & says "get in the hole" & it's end up being 25' or "that's a golf shot" & its a low bullet not near the hole. When he 1st said "that's a golf shot" on the 3rd hole I thought he was being sarcastic but he wasn't I found it comical in the beginning, but by the 15th hole it was very annoying. You can talk to your ball all you want but be realistic.

When you are waiting on the group in front of you and the group behind you is making gestures because they think it's you who is playing slow. The group behind you gets to the next tee just in time to see you standing in the middle of the fairway or preparing for your second shot but what they don't know is the group just got of the green in front of you.....drives me crazy. I hate being pushed while trying to play and I'm not a slow player!

My Top 5. Not in order.

1. People to take their cart off the path on par 3's and on cart path only. I had a group tell me and my buddies they were fast golfers....wonder why?
2. Bozo Marks all over the green. I admit, I've left a few because of getting caught up in a good shot. So I try to remember that....
3. Someone who doesn't yell fore.
4. The course workers who stay in front of you on every hole. Why not start on 18 and work backwards?
5. The course preps. I can't stand anyone who thinks they are better than me.

People who use their putterhead to get the ball out of the hole.

I forgot this one too..My brother in law does it and it kills us all...

My Top 5. Not in order.

1. People to take their cart off the path on par 3's and on cart path only. I had a group tell me and my buddies they were fast golfers....wonder why?
2. Bozo Marks all over the green. I admit, I've left a few because of getting caught up in a good shot. So I try to remember that....
3. Someone who doesn't yell fore.
4. The course workers who stay in front of you on every hole. Why not start on 18 and work backwards?
5. The course preps. I can't stand anyone who thinks they are better than me.

Wow number 4 at my home course. I've had them interrupt me for 8 holes in a row! Seriously, why not go backwards?

Few pet hates, some of which have been mentioned.
1 - people talking on your swing. I know of a few repeat offenders, I have soken wth them (not on anyones swing!!!) but they still do it.
2 - people who stop on the green to mark their card, do it on the next tee! Especially painful are those that stand on the green, and start pointing back up the hole counting their shots!
3 - slow play.
4 - people who hit an approach from 50 yards or so, who put their club back in the bag, take out their putter, walk to the green.......leaving their bag where it was so they have to walk back to it after they complete the hole! take it to the back/side of the green so you can get out of my way quickly.
5 - unrepaired pitch marks/unraked bunkers.

There are only a few things that bother me out there, first and foremost is talking while someone is putting. Next would be not yelling fore when a ball is headed toward people. Last but not least would be not fixing your divot. The only time I've ever had a putt for eagle my ball came to rest in a divot about a half inch from the cup. I would have repaired it if I had seen it but I was 40 feet away from the hole.

I tend to get this a lot... I tend to hit it farther than the guys I play with so when we are waiting on the group in front of us, my partners will typically tee off first so that we can get off the tee box for the group behind us... BUT inevitably the group behind us drives their carts right up to the tee box as I am addressing the ball or even in my swing... Never understood why people can't just hang back between holes like my group typically does.

Back