Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not ashamed to say this is one of my favorite threads. I love animals, only have a cat at the moment, but am a foster parent for several deer and about 40 wild turkeys that come to my back yard every day. We're not allowed to feed the deer here in my mountain community, but EFF them on that rule. They're starving due to a terrible acorn season and little other available food. I go through 200-250 lbs of corn in a week and maybe 50 pounds of potatoes and 40 pounds of dog biscuits (they love them). That's just in the winter. The rest of the year they can make it on their own, and the bears would be a problem then.

That's awesome. Makes my wild rabbit and huge bird feeder seem a bit inadequate.

12271358993_84f80c3507_b.jpg

Cody came home with my wife yesterday.

u8evegep.jpg

My girl turned 7 on Thursday and her sixth anniversary of her adoption day was yesterday. Her first full day of being ours was the super bowl 6 years ago.

We miss our puppies. It will be Thursday before we see them!

Here's our dog Nanna! She is a very sweet dog we rescued from LSU Vet Center.
harary6u.jpg
ydupy6yz.jpg

Got to spend some time today with my aunt and uncle's dog as they are out of town for the day.

We didn't last long outside, but we had a blast.

y4e8u3uj.jpg

japy8ase.jpg

here's my nearly 14-year old cattle dog. this is her life. it's an easy life.

349ff0c0223311e2a76e22000a9f1968_7.jpg

Caught this guys knocked out on the couch in the cave. He had slid down, but his lip stayed up. I was trying not to laugh and wake him up before I could snap the picture.

ahysevys.jpg

here's my nearly 14-year old cattle dog. this is her life. it's an easy life.

349ff0c0223311e2a76e22000a9f1968_7.jpg

Best dog I've ever had was a blue heeler. Love those dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best dog I've ever had was a blue heeler. Love those dogs.

she's been with me since before I could legally buy beer. I'll be 35 this year. A good dog is as important in a man's life as a good woman, IMO

We had a Blue Heeler about 15 years ago that used to eat everything and ended up with a perforated intestine and had to be put to sleep, but he was a good dog. We got him as a tiny puppy and for some reason he always used to try to sleep on top of the dog food bag. We bought him a bed, but he wouldn't use it, he would go lay on the food.

I always seem to get the strangest dogs.

A good dog is more important in a man's life than a good woman, IMO

Right on brotha, right on.

I lost my heeler in high school when a neighbor poisoned his food. Loved that dog.

Right on brotha, right on.

I lost my heeler in high school when a neighbor poisoned his food. Loved that dog.

I think if that had happened to me I'd be in prison right now.

We had a Blue Heeler about 15 years ago that used to eat everything and ended up with a perforated intestine and had to be put to sleep, but he was a good dog. We got him as a tiny puppy and for some reason he always used to try to sleep on top of the dog food bag. We bought him a bed, but he wouldn't use it, he would go lay on the food.

I always seem to get the strangest dogs.

Mine loved to work cows & herd people. They're very head strong dogs much more independent than collies but tougher. Kind of a "John Wayne" working dogs, don't take no crap from anything.

I think if that had happened to me I'd be in prison right now.

Well, he spent a good deal of time "inside" and then caught a bus back to Mexico.

My boy watching dog agilities.
a8y6uqe2.jpg

After watching agilities, I really want a large hound. And then I remember that I live in a tiny apartment. :'(
My boy watching dog agilities.
a8y6uqe2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back