#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I'm very excited too Hawk! I hope Rhi makes the trip and that she is on Harry's team. Honestly the whole #zoocrew sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to spend a weekend with such awesome people.

Rumor is she is Team Harry. I hate beating up on a girl, but she will have it coming picking the wrong side!

I think the last teaser video could have had some clues as to who is with Chad or Harry...

as the video states "There is no crying in golf marketing!" Chad will cry again after losing in April!

The once was a boy from Nantucket
Whose hair kinda resembled a bucket
He wanted to be king
But there was just one thing
Team Harry would have none of it

There was once a hog that loved to chew corn
and we knew for that task that he was born
but then one day high on a wing
came the sound of the crowning of a king
we knew this moment couldn't be bad
because no doubt his name would be Chad

Hahahaha. This is great.

Well I went to Dick's today at lunch to get an adjustment on my GW and hopefully hit the BBA. In typical Dick's fashion the golf guy was not in and the girl covering had no idea what was going on. There are two DSG's in my area and both fail miserably at customer service so I hopped in the car and headed over to Edwin Watts. Not only did they adjust me GW for free, but they had the BBA in AND told me that Callaway was having a demo day on Friday.

Sign. Me. Up.

So anyway, I did get to hit a few balls with the BBA and compare to my RFE. Their simulator was set on quick reset mode or something because it only left numbers up for a millisecond it seems. From what I can recall I was getting about 108 swing speed and roughly 3200 spin with the BBA. My RFE on the other hand was closer to 2800 spin rate. Just going off the animation of the ball flight the distances appeared to be very similar.

I didnt get to pay attention to launch angle (the sim reset so fast you could only get one number) but watching the similated ball flight I was getting a significantly higher launch with the BBA than with my RFE. When he moved the gravity core up, spin increased as well and launch (I think). I was hitting the B330S which is a more spinny ball than I typically use.

Honestly the only thing I really nailed down today is that it looks like gravity core down is the way to go for me. I didnt have time to mess with the loft and face angles and weights and all that fun stuff.

I can confirm, however, that this thing look beautiful at address. It looks almost identical to my RFE with just a slightly deeper face. It also sounds similar to the RFE with maybe a slightly louder "crack" at impact. It is certainly a pleasing sound. I didnt really notice the longer shaft and although I could tell the swing weight was a little lighter it wasnt overly noticable and didnt affect my tempo. The stock ZT shaft was a litlle more whippy than my black tie shaft and I am getting some second thoughts about not going with the X flex in my order but I am sure I can make it work. I'm really looking forward to the demo day on Friday and being able to adjust the loft and such and see it on the trackman. They are going to have all the shaft offerings available as well but I almost dont want to hit them since I'll be playing the stock shaft in Orlando. (ah, who am I kidding...I'll need to know the best one so I can start saving up for the replacement!)

I finally hit the BB today and to make a long story short I like it and I made the right choice going with the BB over the BBA. Big Bertha was hitting the ball the exact same distance as my Bio Cell and with very similar numbers too, which is great. Both the stiff and the xstiff carried roughly the same but the x flex gave me 10 more total yards. I didn't get a chance to play around with any settings which I imagine would put this driver over the top.

I finally hit the BB today and to make a long story short I like it and I made the right choice going with the BB over the BBA. Big Bertha was hitting the ball the exact same distance as my Bio Cell and with very similar numbers too, which is great. Both the stiff and the xstiff carried roughly the same but the x flex gave me 10 more total yards. I didn't get a chance to play around with any settings which I imagine would put this driver over the top.

Nice! I'm really regretting not going x flex now but at least I have time to work on making my transition less...well...aggressive. lol

Nice! I'm really regretting not going x flex now but at least I have time to work on making my transition less...well...aggressive. lol

I wouldn't worry about it because the factory shaft in the Alpha is a little heavier and a little more tip-stiff than the shaft in the BB. I don't think I would ever play an X flex in a tip-stiff shaft.

Nice Curt! How's the feel off the face? Is it most similar to the Bio Cell of all the drivers you have, or does it lean towards one of your other setups?

I am so stoked to hit this baby, but I have to live vicariously through others at least through this weekend haha

Hit about 50 balls last night for the first time in about 3 months. It's going to be a longer road back then expected.

#abitnervousIwontbeready

Hit about 50 balls last night for the first time in about 3 months. It's going to be a longer road back then expected.

#abitnervousIwontbeready

Dude you'll get there, plenty o' time my friend! I'll be in the same boat as you, along with most of our team and some of Harry's team I'm sure too.

Nice Curt! How's the feel off the face? Is it most similar to the Bio Cell of all the drivers you have, or does it lean towards one of your other setups?

I am so stoked to hit this baby, but I have to live vicariously through others at least through this weekend haha

That's a tough one but I'll try. The Big Bertha feels or sounds like it has more 'pop' off the face compared to the Bio Cell or Amp Cell but I wasn't getting increased ball speeds with any consistency so it's obviously just the way my brain interprets the sound. With the Bio Cell it is a mushier feel similar to my old 913 and the Big Bertha feels more like the XCG6 of the drivers I have currently, although that is super subjective and it will probably be different for everybody. When you put a good swing on it you feel like you've just destroyed the ball.

Dude you'll get there, plenty o' time my friend! I'll be in the same boat as you, along with most of our team and some of Harry's team I'm sure too.

Nonsense. Team Harry will be locked, cocked, and ready to rock. Believe it. :bomb:

#abitnervousIwontbeready

Short game and putting fellas. Short game and putting. Everyone will have new drivers so I fully believe it will be the short game that makes the difference.

Which kinda sucks cause it's my worst area but it gives me a reason to bust my tail working in it the next:
ju4u4yqa.jpg

Yeah, just not my normal winter. Getting over a near fatal case of Rhabdomylysis is a b%tch! Building my strength back from scratch first then need to get on my swing pronto. It's disgusting and very weak at the moment :)

Nonsense. Team Harry will be locked, cocked, and ready to rock. Believe it. :bomb:

Oh I believe you. Wait, no, no I don't :alien:

Yeah, just not my normal winter. Getting over a near fatal case of Rhabdomylysis is a b%tch! Building my strength back from scratch first then need to get on my swing pronto. It's disgusting and very weak at the moment :)
I forgot about your health issue. I still know you got it in ya, your team is here for motivation!

That's a tough one but I'll try. The Big Bertha feels or sounds like it has more 'pop' off the face compared to the Bio Cell or Amp Cell but I wasn't getting increased ball speeds with any consistency so it's obviously just the way my brain interprets the sound. With the Bio Cell it is a mushier feel similar to my old 913 and the Big Bertha feels more like the XCG6 of the drivers I have currently, although that is super subjective and it will probably be different for everybody. When you put a good swing on it you feel like you've just destroyed the ball.

Makes sense. That XCG6 had the best feeling off the face of any driver I've hit lately, so if BB is anything like that, I'll be thrilled.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Guys let's try to keep this thread about the event or at least about the equipment in this event. To compare and contrast other brands please use the appropriate threads or create one.

Last night at the range I played my way around the National course in my head. It always seems so easy to do it this way and I don't know if its really meaningful practice for the event at hand.

I am going to be doubling my efforts practicing my short game and working on getting up and down from numerous different lies.

Back