Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I see. Sorry for the confusion. From the Adams specs, you will see the GW at 49 and mine is bent to 48. Right now it's still in the bag and then my sand wedge at 56. Gaping at the bottom of the bag is not that big of a deal for me. Up top is where I need help. That's why I have a head cover collection in my bag. :act-up:

JM

Interesting that you ended up pulling the shafts from the Apex Plus as that is the exact set that I am looking to move from. But only because I want to try a little less offset. In your photos the DPC looks quite a bit larger than the Hogan. Is that the case throughout the set? I wonder if the CB's would more closely mimic the general size of the Hogans. Thanks.

Hey Brad,

Probably an optical illusion. I can see where it looks that way. I just ran out to my shop and snapped these pics for you. These are both PW.

DPC Heel to Toe

Apex Heel to Toe

DPC Toe Height

Apex Toe Height

I hope this helps. If not hit me back!
JM

Forgot to add that while it may be 1/8" on the larger side, the setup actually looks a little smaller and every bit as pleasing as the Apex. The lack of offset compared to the Apex is nice.

JM

Thanks man! That's awesome. Not much difference. Appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Forgot to add that while it may be 1/8" on the larger side, the setup actually looks a little smaller and every bit as pleasing as the Apex. The lack of offset compared to the Apex is nice.

JM

I agree. Unless someone needs the other trajectory or something I can't see not gaming the DPCs - forgiveness and workability in a visually appealing package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some short guy in Vegas told you that lol :D
Next to the s55 the DPC's are my favorite iron

Tomorrow will be 46 degreea and I hope to take the DPC out to the range and give them some work

Got my ebay 6 iron in the mail today. This thing is in PERFECT condition, but got it for a song, so that's pretty sweet. So excited to try it out and it's even got the stock 6.0 shaft in it which is one of the ones I'm eyeing for my MC set, so I'm really interested to see how I like it. Might not get a chance to swing it until Dallas, but will be sure to report my thoughts after that.

Awesome Ryan. It is such a nice looking iron isn't it?!

Very much so. It's so crisp and clean looking. The top line is a lot smaller than I'm used to, but it feels so good in hand. I'll try to put up some pics later of my gamer 6i vs the DPC to show you what I'm working with.

Very much so. It's so crisp and clean looking. The top line is a lot smaller than I'm used to, but it feels so good in hand. I'll try to put up some pics later of my gamer 6i vs the DPC to show you what I'm working with.

Very forgiving head from what I saw. Find the right shaft and it will be money!

So excited to try it out and it's even got the stock 6.0 shaft in it which is one of the ones I'm eyeing for my MC set, so I'm really interested to see how I like it.
What shafts / flex do you currently play in your irons now?

What shafts / flex do you currently play in your irons now?

True temper performance light 105g shafts in stiff flex. Came stock in my A3OS set.

Here are some pics from my current A3OS 6 Hyron vs the DPC 6 iron. Pretty obvious which one is which, so I won't label and see if you can figure it out. :alien:

Top Line - just a little difference
IMG_20140210_173302.jpg

Face view - not too bad
IMG_20140210_173325.jpg

Standing up - DPC is a full inch shorter
IMG_20140210_173431.jpg

And best of all, the soles - HOLY COW!!
IMG_20140210_180002.jpg

Yowza, just a little difference between those clubs. Good thing you've got the DPC in hand so you can start acclimating to it.

I think I need to spend some time with these soon!

Working on getting the old aerotechs back into these bad boys...Hello awesomeness

Yowza, just a little difference between those clubs. Good thing you've got the DPC in hand so you can start acclimating to it.

My thoughts exactly. Standard lofts and lies are different as well, so might need some adjustments in that area. Overall though, I see why people think this is a good looking club, because it freaking is. I just hope it works as well for me as it looks.

In reality, top line isn't THAT much different.....

You got this Ryan.

JM

Small range session outdoors. Dpc 9i and 5i were used for most of the session. Reaffirmed how forgiving they are as my swing felt very rusty. Still hit these with great dispersion and good distance.

Small range session outdoors. Dpc 9i and 5i were used for most of the session. Reaffirmed how forgiving they are as my swing felt very rusty. Still hit these with great dispersion and good distance.

Boy do I love hearing this. It's killing me that I can't get out and hit mine yet, but just getting it in hand, it feels so good and I really want to try it for myself. Very thin topline compared to what I'm used to, but I'm more excited about it than I was expecting.

Boy do I love hearing this. It's killing me that I can't get out and hit mine yet, but just getting it in hand, it feels so good and I really want to try it for myself. Very thin topline compared to what I'm used to, but I'm more excited about it than I was expecting.

I believe you will do well with tjese. The longer blade length really inpires confidence. don't let the thin topline and sole give you any apprehension. These truly are a blend of classic beauty and unbelievable forgiveness. The 5 iron is so easy to get in the air. Slightly toe hits suffered minimal distance loss, a bit of push or bit more draw but held pretty true to the intended line

I believe you will do well with tjese. The longer blade length really inpires confidence. don't let the thin topline and sole give you any apprehension. These truly are a blend of classic beauty and unbelievable forgiveness. The 5 iron is so easy to get in the air. Slightly toe hits suffered minimal distance loss, a bit of push or bit more draw but held pretty true to the intended line

This toe forgiveness is exactly why I will go for these in at least a combo set. I have a tendency to get toey every once in awhile so it'll be nice to know I have the forgiveness there.

This toe forgiveness is exactly why I will go for these in at least a combo set. I have a tendency to get toey every once in awhile so it'll be nice to know I have the forgiveness there.

I think you will thoroughly enjoy that combo set!

Good to hear about the forgiveness. Love hearing about the instant success you've been having. I can't wait to get my hands on these. I am gonna give it about a month before I go for the Test Drive Program as the days will be longer and I will have more free time.

Back