Winn DriTac Durability

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I have narrowed down my grip selection to Winn DriTac's. But I do wonder about the durability of the grip.

What has everyone seen in those regards? Or share thoughts on the grip.

My top grip. Have them on all my clubs.
Very durable imo. Work well in this southern heat.
You can check mine out next week.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I have these on all my clubs also. I've got them primarily for the feel, but have been surprised how they have held up.

I did not have a good experience with them. I loved the way the felt, but mine started showing wear within 2 weeks, and looked terrible after a month or so. It could've been the way I grip the club though, as it always seemed to be the spot wear my left thumb rested on the grip that started to wear out first.

The DirTacs are my grip of choice. They promote a lighter grip as the grips are soft enough where it needs to be. I was happy to see they added a couyple more colors in the mix as well as a new putter grip line that I have yet to mess with. I had the grips on my driver and hybrid last year and they have held up well. This year every club except for the wedges are DriTac'd.

I got one on my 8 iron and love it. I have not had any issues with it.

I have the dry tach hybrid grips on some clubs and they seem to be wearing a lot faster than the reg dri tacs.

swing your swing

I also have dri-tac on all my clubs. I stocked up when Edwin Watts put them on liquidation sale for 40% off. I'm sad because I only have 3 or 4 new ones left in my cabinet, but I will gladly pay full price when I need more.

BTW, I've only used so many of them because I have been trying out driver shafts and bought a few new clubs. The ones I installed 3 months ago still look brand new, and have seen at least 15 rounds and a bunch of range time. you literally cannot tell the difference between those and the ones I just installed tonight.

I went to the shed and pulled it my old driver to get a pic of what happened to mine.
I was mistaken, it was the thumb of the right hand that started to wear 1st. There is also a matching spot on the other side where my index finger lies.
I'm glad others have not had these issues as they are a fantastic feeling grip, they just didn't hold up for me.

u9asa7u5.jpg

I went to the shed and pulled it my old driver to get a pic of what happened to mine.
I was mistaken, it was the thumb of the right hand that started to wear 1st. There is also a matching spot on the other side where my index finger lies.
I'm glad others have not had these issues as they are a fantastic feeling grip, they just didn't hold up for me.

u9asa7u5.jpg
Yeah, buddy, I've definitely never seen that. I stated in another thread about mine holding up really well. I have a super old set of Adams A4s that have them and they still look pretty dang good. But I've changed my grip to something much less "choke the club to death" and that must be the ticket on these. LOVE them.

u9asa7u5.jpg

I'm thinking this may be a bad grip. I've had mine on my clubs since early last year & they don't even look like they need to be replaced. Even the grips on my wedges that I use the most are not even close to this.

I put them on 3 clubs, and it happened to all 3 of them. Like I said, it very well could be the way I grip the club.

I have these grips on all of my clubs except the putter and have had no durability issues during the season

All of my clubs are gripped with them and I absolutely love them!!

I have not had any issues with durability or anything.

u9asa7u5.jpg

I had this same issue. Switched to the Pure Pro grips. Similar feel, less expensive and I can blow them on and off as needed myself.

I even use them on my driver and other woods. the ones currently on my irons have seen about 30 rounds and countless time on the range. They are still in great shape. The driver I'm currently gaming has only been with me for about 2 months but the grip is also in fantastic shape.

Installed the wrap version of these on my hybrids on March 14 last year. Seeing the right thumb wear issue as well after 14 rounds outdoors, about 12 indoors, and about ten hours on the range. These wore faster than any other grip I've ever had, so I will be looking elsewhere. I suspect it's my grip - the so-called "power thumb" - but that's too short of a life for me. My driver grip, which was hit about ten times more often, shows less wear.

If you like these, but struggle with the durability, check out the new SuperStroke. More on this coming from our PGA show coverage.

If you like these, but struggle with the durability, check out the new SuperStroke. More on this coming from our PGA show coverage.

Ahhhh... this is what I wanted to hear. Cannot wait to hear more about these.

I know two people that use Winn dri tacs. They replace them more than anyone else i know because they wear holes in them. Do not buy them for their durability.

I love Winn grips, but being softer grips they don't tend to hold up well. If you have a nice bag with individual dividers they tend to last longer. Most of the wear I run into with mine is towards the end rubbing on the bag. I can usually get two seasons out of them before needing to replace.

u9asa7u5.jpg

I'm having the same wear pattern on my DryTec grips. I really like these for the feel and tackiness, but the wear factor is pretty bad. I play with a pretty soft grip and the clubs that get used most are 60 to 90 days in need of replacement. I play a midsize grip and these were my goto grip for good feel and control.

I just got new wedges and I replaced the factory tour velvets with the new Golf Pride CP2 Pro grips to see how they hold up. I blew the factory grips off and replace them this morning and they felt very good. Plan on getting out tomorrow for a round and see how they perform.

I have been using the Dri-Tac Wrap for the past 2-3 years and have had no issues although I change once per year ~ 100 rounds. I have intermittently tried another brand (GP CP-2) but did not find them as shock absorbent as the Winn. I have an issue with a finger (painful) and need the comfort which I find Winn delivers.

Back