Time Warner Cable customers, you’re about to have a new cable provider

I've had Comcast since September since that is the only way I can watch the Rockets and Astros. I have actually been very pleasantly surprised and I've had nothing but a good experience with their customer service. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

I've had Comcast since September since that is the only way I can watch the Rockets and Astros. I have actually been very pleasantly surprised and I've had nothing but a good experience with their customer service. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

As much as I love my local teams the whole CSN fiasco has soured me a bit. Plus the last few years it's been football and golf primarily dominating my sports viewing.

I have an account number I'd gladly hand out!!

to get your discount?? I already have DTV and was thinking of posting on here that if anyone is considering changing I will gladly hand out my account to get the referral discount on my bill. :act-up:

As much as I love my local teams the whole CSN fiasco has soured me a bit. Plus the last few years it's been football and golf primarily dominating my sports viewing.

Definitely agree on the CSN part. It is just as much on other providers and the sports teams though as it is on Comcast, in my opinion. Supposedly they had a deal worked out, but the Astros declined the deal for some reason. NBA is probably the sport I watch most (with NFL and NCAAF a close 2nd), so I didn't want to go another year w/o the Rockets.

I've been with Comcast for 11 years. Have only had 1 issue in that time. Service appointment was easy to schedule and came out quick. Have them for both cable and internet.

I have Google Fiber TV! If I didn't have this option, I might just bite the bullet and get satellite.

We have satellite tv, and SLOW dsl from Centurylink. We live about 1/2 mile too far to get better than 1.5m from the phone company, and cable is just outside our area. (Cableone). Wish we had some more options, but it's not worth moving back "into" town for.

Holy monopoly!

AT&T Uverse FTW....hop on board before its too late
I did look into that before the Google thing, but it's not offered in my area.

I looked at the Time Warner Facebook page last night to see what people had to say about it. All those months of seeing nothing but complaints about the service, programming and customer service turned into people singing the praises of Time Warner and please don't merge with that horrible Comcast because we are so happy with you guys!

Really?

I did look into that before the Google thing, but it's not offered in my area.

I looked at the Time Warner Facebook page last night to see what people had to say about it. All those months of seeing nothing but complaints about the service, programming and customer service turned into people singing the praises of Time Warner and please don't merge with that horrible Comcast because we are so happy with you guys!

Really?

Time Warner has the worst customer service on EARTH, and Im not talking just TV and whatnot, general customer service is terrible

Time Warner has the worst customer service on EARTH, and Im not talking just TV and whatnot, general customer service is terrible

They sure do. I dealt with them for far too many years. I do think it's hilarious what the people who were complaining for so long are saying now that Comcast is coming in!

I was fully expecting them to be celebrating, not complaining!

THey all have the "worst" customer service.
We have had just about every company and they have all been just absolutely awful.

We have had just about every company and they have all been just absolutely awful.

this is true. I have had Time Warner and AT&T and my parents have DirecTV and I cannot remember a time in which we talked about how much we loved their customer service. I haven't needed to call Google Fiber yet about any problems, so I cannot yet speak to that

I get to sign up for Fiber next month. As soon as that is in, I shall forget that I ever had Time Warner. We looked at UVerse a while back, but, for what I have, it was going to cost me more, and I was going to lose some channels that I actually do watch, so it was a no-go for us.

this is true. I have had Time Warner and AT&T and my parents have DirecTV and I cannot remember a time in which we talked about how much we loved their customer service. I haven't needed to call Google Fiber yet about any problems, so I cannot yet speak to that

I called about an issue and they decided the box was bad. Had someone out the next day with a new box and it's been good ever since.

Customer service is why we left TWC when we moved, there just aren't any good options around here, DirecTV is ok for right now, but I'm not sold on them either yet.

I went to DirectTV 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Not only do you talk to customer service reps in America, but they have so many rebates and credits that they offer you without putting up a fight. I couldn't stand Time Warner Cable, even though I have to use their internet service still.

Yep. Time Warner sucks a lot. However, it's the only decent internet option here.

Maybe the acquisition will make it more viable for me.

I went to DirectTV 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Not only do you talk to customer service reps in America, but they have so many rebates and credits that they offer you without putting up a fight. I couldn't stand Time Warner Cable, even though I have to use their internet service still.

Perfect example of how its different for everybody. We have had Directv twice in the last 7 years and both times left out of spite for absolutely HORRIBLE customer service including one time paying a huge fee to get out of the contract because they flat out lied to us.

Prepay for NFL ticket. Must move for work. Directv comes out and says "you cant have service here due to sight line". Wont refund NFL Ticket money even though we are only 1 week into the season. Then say "You should have broken the payments down by month and you could have just been out one month".

Then when we move again for work, and can have it, wont honor the same deal we had in place (despite saying they would) and asking us to pay for NFL Ticket again in full for only 5 weeks left.

I've been very happy with Comcast. Other than the price, service is excellent.

Personally I'd like to see Cable moved to a common carrier scenario like phone service was in order to create some competition. In the meantime Comcast, including phone service now, works great for us.

Perfect example of how its different for everybody. We have had Directv twice in the last 7 years and both times left out of spite for absolutely HORRIBLE customer service including one time paying a huge fee to get out of the contract because they flat out lied to us.

Prepay for NFL ticket. Must move for work. Directv comes out and says "you cant have service here due to sight line". Wont refund NFL Ticket money even though we are only 1 week into the season. Then say "You should have broken the payments down by month and you could have just been out one month".

Then when we move again for work, and can have it, wont honor the same deal we had in place (despite saying they would) and asking us to pay for NFL Ticket again in full for only 5 weeks left.

Most important question, did you call and ask for the customer retention center?

Most important question, did you call and ask for the customer retention center?

I'm sure everyone knows to do this.

I did it with Time Warner the day before I officially switched to Google Fiber. Know what they told me? "Sorry, we can't do anything for you." I asked them if they realized I was going to cancel my service the next day if they didn't, and they still would do nothing.

Not that I was going to stay with them, but I wanted to see what they would do.

I'm sure everyone knows to do this.

I did it with Time Warner the day before I officially switched to Google Fiber. Know what they told me? "Sorry, we can't do anything for you." I asked them if they realized I was going to cancel my service the next day if they didn't, and they still would do nothing.

Not that I was going to stay with them, but I wanted to see what they would do.

I've thought about calling them up the day before I finally get Fiber, and just telling them where to go. Not to ask for anything.

Of course. Spent hours on the phone with them. No resolution. Easy fix. Take my business elsewhere.

I've thought about calling them up the day before I finally get Fiber, and just telling them where to go. Not to ask for anything.

Taking your TV box and modem back will be quite satisfying.

Back