jlukes

Reaction score
Doing a quick search on Amazon yields tons of brands of impact tape. Does any one brand perform better than the other? Any issues with certain brands ie tape not sticking or sticking too much a leaving a residue?

The generic golf galaxy impact tape has worked great for me.

One thing I saw not long ago was foot powder spray Joe. Somebody mentioned it here and then saw on TGC. I've thought about doing that because the tape I got at Dick's is garbage.

One thing I saw not long ago was foot powder spray Joe. Somebody mentioned it here and then saw on TGC. I've thought about doing that because the tape I got at Dick's is garbage.

+1 The instructor that I go to used that trick in our first lesson, to show me where I was contacting the ball off the clubface and the spray works great and wipes right off.

That's interesting, I need to give that a try.

Dr Scholl's Odor X spray powder works. Also very thin masking tape works fine as well. Spray powder has the added bonus of working with foam balls like the "Almost Golf" brand. I use it on my driver when practicing indoors with almost golf golf balls.

Interesting the the foot powder spray.

Dr Scholl's Odor X spray powder works. Also very thin masking tape works fine as well. Spray powder has the added bonus of working with foam balls like the "Almost Golf" brand. I use it on my driver when practicing indoors with almost golf golf balls.

Just about to ask this when I scrolled to you. I like using the almost golf golf balls for practice but I can't feel the impact point. I'll be picking some up tonight!

I use the Dr. Scholl's Odor X spray powder when practicing. It gives me an idea where I'm hitting on the face. On the Driver, I tend to hit high center on the face.

I use the Dr. Scholl's Odor X spray powder when practicing. It gives me an idea where I'm hitting on the face. On the Driver, I tend to hit high center on the face.

That is my miss, too. Gravity core up in the Alpha!

Count me as another convert to Dr. Scholl's! It works, costs a fraction of the tape -- and is great for the foot odor fungus as well. You have to get into the can a bit before the powder comes out though, the first spritz won't work.

NO MORE TAPE EVER FOR ME!

It won't take long before Scholl's specifically markets this stuff as impact spray, everyone's doing it now. Sorta like the way Avon discovered that their Skin So Soft body oil was superb bug repellent.

I just use plain old masking tape. After each shot I peel it back to remove the impact mark and then put it back on.

I was about to chime in with what I have used in place of impact tape before...then I read the foot powder spray comments..what a great idea..makes the pastel colored sidewalk chalk I have used just seem like a decent idea instead of the great idea I used to think it was. Thanks for the tip guys.

Gonna have to stop at CVS and pick up a can of the Dr. Scholls spray.

Good timing...I'm searching high and low for mizuno impact tape..fits on the face perfectly! I scored some from a friend at Goldsmith but I'm quickly running out. Definitely a valueable purchase..learned a bunch about setup and grip.

uploadfromtaptalk1392076078317.jpg

I learned that I'm flirting dangerously close to hosel rockets.

Have to try the spray, been using blue painters tape

I'm definitely hitting Rite Aid tomorrow for some Dr. Scholls...genius

Any issue with residue on the club face with the Dr scholls? How well does it clean off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Really happy to see this thread pop up, as I was planning on searching for impact tape this weekend. Now... not such urgency.

Any issue with residue on the club face with the Dr scholls? How well does it clean off?

Wipes off clean with a towel. Careful on windy days as the spray may travel into the player next to you. Some may not care for the smell either.

Wipes off clean with a towel. Careful on windy days as the spray may travel into the player next to you. Some may not care for the smell either.

Didn't even think about the smell! Thanks, I figured it would be fine but you never know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How well would this work indoors?

I will give this a try, I have used a dry erase marker in the past and it works but this seems like it may work a little better.

How well would this work indoors?

works even better. don't worry about the smell, it's like air freshener and its made to be sprayed on feet crotches and shoes.

I use a black wide tip dry erase marker, just use the marker to color the face of the club. After you hit a few shots you just get the marker out of your pocket and touch up the spots where you hit. When you are finished the marker wipes right off.

images

Last edited:
Back