Cobra Bio Cell Hybrid Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
COBRA Golf’s new BiO CELL Fairways and Hybrids are designed to help golfers Go LongTM. With MyFly8TM, SmartPadTM, E9 FaceTM and BiO CELLS, the BiO CELL Fairways and Hybrids are packed with technology to help improve distance and manage trajectory. True to COBRA’s DNA, the BiO CELL Fairways and Hybrids will be offered in five colors: Blue Aster, Black, Barbados Red, Vibrant Orange and Silver.

The BiO CELL Fairways and Hybrids feature MyFly8, an expansion of the 2013 MyFlyTM technology. MyFly8 provides golfers the option to adjust their trajectory to 8 different loft settings in order to maximize distance, manage trajectory and optimize yardage gaps. Utilizing SmartPad technology, the face angle will stay square at address regardless of the loft setting.

New BiO CELLs work with E9 Face Technology to remove more weight from the face and crown to reposition it low and back, delivering the best combination of a super low CG and high MOI for improved distance.

The BiO CELL Fairways and Hybrids feature a high strength steel insert. The forged thin, shallow high strength steel face inserts (driver like construction), enables more face flex for faster ball speeds, longer distances and higher trajectory.

The COBRA BiO CELL Hybrid (MAP $189) features a COBRA BiO CELL shaft and comes in three models featuring MyFly8. The 2-3H (16°, 16.5°,16.5°D, 17.5°, 17.5°D, 18.5°, 18.5°D and 19°), 3-4H (19°, 19.5°, 19.5°D, 20.5°, 20.5°D, 21.5°, 21.5°D and 22°) and the 4-5H (22°, 22.5°, 22.5°D, 23.5°, 23.5°D, 24.5°, 24.5°D and 25°) are available in x-stiff, stiff, regular and lite flexes in both RH and LH. The BiO CELL Hybrid features a Lamkin R.E.L. 3GEN 360 grip.

This thing looks great. Wowzers. I'm in love with the shape at address, appears to have some heft to it (D2 swingweight), cool pattern on the crown, and some great color. Stay tuned for testing...

DSCN4274-L.jpg

DSCN4275-L.jpg

DSCN4276-L.jpg

DSCN4277-L.jpg

DSCN4278-L.jpg

Man I really like that blue! I've got to get a hybrid in the bag at some point once my bag gets settled. Enjoy the review Hawk. Looking forward to how this pans out.

That is just a gorgeous looking hybrid.

Loved my amp cell 2/3 hybrid. This looks even better

Is the head larger or smaller than the AMP Cell from last year?

Looks like a great successor to the original amp cell hybrid!

• Staff
Sorry Mike I don't have both to compare side by side.

Love the blue. With all of the positives coming out of last years version, really looking forward to hearing about this years version.

Another review I will be following close. Plan on putting two of these bad boys in my bad. I have two bafflers and an amp cell that are getting replaced.

Damn. Blue. So pretty. So so pretty.

I always enjoy your thoughts on hybrids hawk as typically we like a lot of the same things, curious to see how it goes with this one, the aesthetics are bad ass, I hope it's a cannon too!

Wow, that color is fantastic. Looking forward to your thoughts, I would love to put this up against the Baffler XL.

That thing looks awesome, love the shape and larger face and can't beat the adjustability of them!

So sweet looking! It's on my radar this year.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Nice pix Hawkster. I love the snake as the line-up mark. Seems to have a very similar look to the AMP Cell which is not a bad thing IMO.

Look at that beautiful blue crown, wow. Definitely tuning into this one Hawk. Can't get over how great the Bio Cell line looks.

Those are some good looking hybrids. Would love to see what it could do against my 3/4 Amp Cell Hybrid. Hawk you need to come down to Peoria tonight and join me and Bhilln at the Golf Sim with this Hybrid.

Those are some good looking hybrids. Would love to see what it could do against my 3/4 Amp Cell Hybrid. Hawk you need to come down to Peoria tonight and join me and Bhilln at the Golf Sim with this Hybrid.

LOL you paying my way?

I'll pay for your time there. We got an hour 630-730.

Just joking man. Sorry, I can't make it.

Dont joke with me like that Hawk. Would love to give that Bio Cell a rip against my Amp Cell. Maybe come spring I'll make it back up there.
Just joking man. Sorry, I can't make it.

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this, I've tried the Bio Cell Driver and I love it. I want to see how this one relates.

Wow. Haven't hit a hybrid of theirs since the amp but I think I'll have to give this a try. Love the looks

Gotta give Cobra lots of credit, a few short years I wouldn't have considered them, now they are in the conversation for many parts of my bag.

I am a big fan of the bio cell hybrid. I got a chance to hit the bio cell, x2h and jetspeed a week ago. I really like the solid feel off the face of the bio cell and x2h, it's a feel I thought the jetspeed was missing. The look and attention to detail in the design of the bio cell won't go unnoticed. It's such a great looking club.

Back