Really? That is so surprising. By far the best hot dog buns. many times same bun, but better cut.

Love the split top. Even started putting the condiments on first then add the dog.

Love the split top. Even started putting the condiments on first then add the dog.

Absolutely. Unless its a Skyline dog. Then chili and cheese has to go on top. Otherwise, split top and underneath.

Really? That is so surprising. By far the best hot dog buns. many times same bun, but better cut.

Maybe it's a regional thing, I know we had different products in different markets, especially in the south. Do you buy them at the store like that, or are they whole and you cut them yourself?

Maybe it's a regional thing, I know we had different products in different markets, especially in the south. Do you buy them at the store like that, or are they whole and you cut them yourself?

Buy them at the store. The weird thing is that the first time i heard about them, was in Chicago.

Buy them at the store. The weird thing is that the first time i heard about them, was in Chicago.

Hmm, what brand are they? Or are there several companies that make them?

I play golf with the local Pepperidge Farm guy every once in a while, I'll have to ask him about them next time I see him. I know for sure he does not put them in the stores around here.

I was doing a little research and most of what I found referred to them as New England Style Hot Dog Buns, so maybe it's a northeastern thing.

I was doing a little research and most of what I found referred to them as New England Style Hot Dog Buns, so maybe it's a northeastern thing.

It is the way they are served for Lobster Rolls in some areas of the NE. Like I said however, we have them here in FL. Had them in CA. Heard about them in Chicago. I think they are pretty common now.

Flo's in southern Maine is my favorite. It sounds odd but they a special with mayo and their onion relish and it is amazeballs.

I like chili cheese dogs. With cheese. Yum!

Whipped up some chili cheese dogs for dinner tonight.

ahy9evu3.jpg

u2aduqe9.jpg

Love em with chili and mustard.

The Zweigles and Sahlen's are the best dogs IMO.

Those are two of the best for sure. I've never been a big fan of the all beef dogs found in many other areas. My absolute favorite hot dog is from Wardynski's and not the one's found in the store but the fresh ones you can order right from them and pick up.

As far as toppings go I like to switch it up, sometimes just mustard, ketchup and onions, sometimes chili cheese.

I am craving a dang chili cheese dog!!!!!

Yeah the Snappy Grillers are awful. At least both GG and I thought so. Completely different look, taste and texture to their hot dogs. They have some sort of clove flavor in there. But hey, maybe you will like them.

They are pork hot dogs. I love the white hots, almost like brats. The best with the Rochester hot sauce and some onions.

I know I'm a newbie and all, but I must say I'm appalled at all the folks who put ketchup on their hot dog. The mere thought of this abomination hurts my soul.

If you've never tried both brown and yellow mustard on the same dog, I highly recommend it. I love hot dogs, make my own Sonora dogs from time to time. Just take a Nathan's hot dog, wrap it in bacon and fry it. Put on a brat bun, smother it in refried beans and cheese, top with onions, mustard and mayo (relish optional). Very delicious.

Also, since brats have already been brought up in the thread, I have to mention the best way to fix them. Get a couple of dark beers, sauerkraut and an onion. Slice your onion so that you have long strips, then put the onion, kraut and beer into a dish large enough to hold your brats. Marinate them overnight, then boil them in the marinade. Boil for 8-10 minutes, then simmer for 40 minutes. Get your brat onto your bun, add some of the kraut and onion from the marinade, as well as some fresh kraut and onion, top with spicy brown mustard and you have the best sausage this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Its okay dude. Newcomers to THP are welcome to have a voice. Just so happens yours is a bit off here though...Although my wife, and owner of this place would say you are a genius. :angel:

One of my favorite night time snacks is a Boarshead hot dog with melted cheese on top, no roll. Just a little mustard on top because I'm too lazy to chop onions.

Mustard, relish and onions on mine. Although the odd Orange Julius Ruben Dog (kraut, mustard, and swiss) is a good post game snack.

I do like a few gourmet hot dog places. My fav is Tubby Dog in Calgary and is not to be missed when I travel through.

Mom used to make a cross between a hotdog and a grilled cheese sandwich. Take one piece of bread and place a slice of cheddar cheese on it. Place the dog diagonally on the bun and roll the dog up so the corners touch. place a toothpick through the bread to hold it together. Butter the outside of the bread and then put it in the oven... they were delicious

Can't make a turn without a hot dog for me. I love them with chili and cheese.

We have a local vendor who visits our cities First Friday's (really popular) called The Wiener Shack. Loads of different combonations and they will even let you make your own as long as they have it. A friend of mine had them at her wedding reception, ended up scarfing down 3 bacon-wrapped chili cheese dogs.

Back