Under Armour signs Jordan Spieth

He has a Titleist Staff Bag. That tells me he has a club deal with them in some way.

I do wonder how much product he is moving. Personally, he's not getting me to buy more Under Armor stuff. I don't think he has the same effect Rickie has with PUMA.

He has a Titleist Staff Bag. That tells me he has a club deal with them in some way.

I do wonder how much product he is moving. Personally, he's not getting me to buy more Under Armor stuff. I don't think he has the same effect Rickie has with PUMA.

I dont think any of us suggested that. He was certainly much more successful than Rickie was this year. If he keeps winning/ doing well, I think you will see more of him in commercials and such and that may lead to more sales.

Funny, all it tells me is that he has a Titleist staff bag.

I dont think any of us suggested that. He was certainly much more successful than Rickie was this year. If he keeps winning/ doing well, I think you will see more of him in commercials and such and that may lead to more sales.

I completely agree with that. I think UA needs to pick up the pace as well and put their brand more out there.

Why does Ricky always have to get brought up in the same sentence with this kid? What he did this year, in his rookie season, is nothing short of amazing. He's got a bright future in this game. Rickie wears orange well. Jordan plays golf well.

Every time I see Jordan do an interview lately, the first thing I notice is the UA on his hat, front and center. I think UA has to look at this signing and say, wow, we really got this one right!
I have to agree, he is the atom Brady of the tour.
Better than the Mahan signing IMO
why? He has had one year in the spot light. This could be it for him. Mahan carried the brand when no one else was

I think I would. Spieth has been in the spotlight over Mahan. His youth is part of it. Also, I think it is easier to see Speith as the UA guy than Mahan because Spieth has the UA logo while Mahan uses ping on the front
They both rep the brand well and their personalities push the brand in different ways

Dude, Jessica alba wouldn't get you to buy over rickie. You are so in love with him and he doesn't have half the game of JS or look as good as Jessica

He actually does now.

Titleist, Rolex, JetBlue, UA, and a couple others.

My bad, thought for sure I read it somewhere that he plays whatever he wants.

I have to agree, he is the atom Brady of the tour.
why? He has had one year in the spot light. This could be it for him. Mahan carried the brand when no one else was

They both rep the brand well and their personalities push the brand in different ways

Dude, Jessica alba wouldn't get you to buy over rickie. You are so in love with him and he doesn't have half the game of JS or look as good as Jessica

I don;t think most people even realize that Mahan is with Under Armour.

Why does Ricky always have to get brought up in the same sentence with this kid? What he did this year, in his rookie season, is nothing short of amazing. He's got a bright future in this game. Rickie wears orange well. Jordan plays golf well.

I think whenever you talk about the success of a clothing brand, don't you have to look at Rickie and PUMA as the class of the field? Maybe them and Nike with Tiger. That's the only reason I brought him up. There's no doubt what Jordan did this year was nothing short of sensational and better then any Rickie's done right now. Rickie isn't even on the same level of Jordan right now. But, I brought up the question that is UA moving shirts because of Jordan? I compared it to Rickie and PUMA because it was an easy comparison.

I do want to say one thing about Jordan. I think it might be a little too early to start giving him the title of the next big thing in golf. We've done that with alot of different players. All of whom played awful this year (Rory, Rickie, Bud Cauley to name a few). I want Jordan to perform this year and contend in a major, then he's the next big thing in my eyes.

Freddie,

Just curious honestly about how Mahan pushes the UA brand. I honestly hardly notice the logo on him. Jordan, you cannot miss it. I guess I just dont see it

Actually, small fact, I hardly buy PUMA stuff. I mostly own and wear Oakley stuff. I hardly buy because of the person that represents that company. I look at a shirt and think, would I look good in this? Then, I buy it if the price is right. I know alot of people do buy clothing because of Tiger, Rory, and Rickie, which was why I brought up the point.

Freddie,

Just curious honestly about how Mahan pushes the UA brand. I honestly hardly notice the logo on him. Jordan, you cannot miss it. I guess I just dont see it
I guess it was because I was aware he was signed by them and wore his gear. I'd see the ads and the logo on him when he was on the ole tele. The only reason I ever bought the gear was because he wore it.

I guess I was just more aware than the average fan. I know Jordan wears it but his outfits don't make me want to run out and buy it. hunters scripting on the other hand has always caught my eye.

Jordan may grab some of the more traditional golf outfits on the amateur links

Oh I agree. Jordan wears the more plain clothing, whereas Mahan wears the brighter clothing.

Actually, small fact, I hardly buy PUMA stuff. I mostly own and wear Oakley stuff. I hardly buy because of the person that represents that company. I look at a shirt and think, would I look good in this? Then, I buy it if the price is right. I know alot of people do buy clothing because of Tiger, Rory, and Rickie, which was why I brought up the point.
ok you may not buy the gear but don't pretend you don't have a fathead of Rickie over your bed...hehe

Oh I agree. Jordan wears the more plain clothing, whereas Mahan wears the brighter clothing.
I think in the end that's what draws me to hunter, you know we are a colorful people :alien2:

ok you may not buy the gear but don't pretend you don't have a fathead of Rickie over your bed...hehe

I don't think I've ever said that this is not true. I have alot of reasons to really like him, but he starting to make me mad Hahaha

Jordan has carried his consistent play into an 18 month tare. Played his way on tour. Won gained membership and just keep putting up top 20 finishes. I can't remember the last time someone carried this much momentum. He is a few swings say from 3 or four wins. I'm glad we get to see this

I'm still impressed by this signing. I was one who questioned it initially. Shows how much I know.

I hope he can start to put a few rounds together on the weekends, and watch out. Could be a multiple win season for him by the end of the year.

Jordan has carried his consistent play into an 18 month tare. Played his way on tour. Won gained membership and just keep putting up top 20 finishes. I can't remember the last time someone carried this much momentum. He is a few swings say from 3 or four wins. I'm glad we get to see this
Under Armour has to be on cloud 9!

I hope he can start to put a few rounds together on the weekends, and watch out. Could be a multiple win season for him by the end of the year.

I hope so. He's one of my favorites in the young guns group

I agree with you there. He has really been playing well this year and usually is in the top 15 out there.
I'm still impressed by this signing. I was one who questioned it initially. Shows how much I know.

I agree with you there. He has really been playing well this year and usually is in the top 15 out there.

Which is all you can ask for. Put yourself in position

It would have been very very hard for this to ever have been a "bad" signing. Even if he was a total dud, he'd still be getting an incredible amount of exposure given his age/ story on how he got his card. Obviously the fact that he's doing what he's doing is just the icing (and cherry, whipped cream, sprinkles, syrup, caramel, and everything else) on the cake.

As you can see, I love me some Speith. Kids got a HUGE future ahead of him. Lets just hope he keeps his head screwed on as the fame rises.

Back