Should I pull the trigger on a super stroke grip for my new Nike blade putter?

ball striker

Reaction score
I was at Dicks the other day getting a 60* LW and a driver re gripped and started messing around with one of their Top Flite flat sticks demo with the super stroke fat grip. Has anyone gone this route and if so how does it work out for you?? It felt like I had better tempo and tick tock motion with the Super Stroke. Just bought the Nike method blade on the bay brand new at 34.5" custom fit. I wouldn't do it to a used putter unless I sent it in to the Iron Factory for a complete refurbish.

3 of my putters have a Super Stroke on them. They work for me.

Totally up to you. They dont do a lot for me, but some people really like them.

Thanks for the thread and responses guys. Thinking about a 3.0. I'll check out the thread. I am new to the forum and haven't had the chance to troll yet.

I have a 3.0 on my Odyssey #7 and absolutely love it! I can't imagine going back to a smaller grip.

for the purchase prise it is definetly worth a try. if you dont like it just go back.

My opinion is that you really just have to putt with one for a while and see how it feels for you. I read a ton of great reviews on the Fatso grip and I took it off after 2 weeks. It wasn't my cup of tea but that doesn't mean you won't love it.

I got a SS Mid Slim 2.0 on my putters and I don't think I will ever go back to a regular grip. Defiantly well worth the money I think.

My golf galaxy put some demos onto putters. Hopefully you can find a place to try each one. I did not notice a difference in my accuracy. But that was on carpet at 10 feet.

Most definitely personal preference. I use mod slim 2.0 on all my putters

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't have a SS, but I do have a Winn Jumbo on my putter. I haven't had a chance to use it on the course yet, but I've been practicing a lot with it in my house. I absolutely love it, much more than a standard grip. I find it a lot easier to keep the putter from twisting and keep my hands/wrists relaxed.

I have about a month in on my 2.0. I actually bought 2 so I could re grip two putters. For me it seems to be beneficial. The widening of the hand and leaving more space has helped me not have a death grip. I would say just as in putters themselves its all about what feels better for you. I would say it worth trying it..20 bucks could make you a dead eye on the putting surface.
The lime green is awsome :)

I have the 1.0 slim on my method core and it feels great. You should try different versions to see which one feels best for you. My local shop has a few ready to go on the practice green.

It's all personal preference, and the only way you'll know for sure is to try one out. I started with a 2.0 on my Si3, but ended up deciding it was too fat for my tiny hands. I switched to a 1.0 when I added an X2 and that is by far my favorite putter grip that I have tried.

Totally up to you. They dont do a lot for me, but some people really like them.

Same here. I bought a couple and gamed them a while, but they did nothing for me really. All that matters is how you feel about one.

I have a SS on both my putters. In fact I bought my new Odyssey putter with the SS grip preinstalled. I find I can relax my hands and use my fingers more with the wide grip.

I"m actually really sad that I can't use them on my DLL bc I love them.

I have ss on three of my putters and put a winn pro on my new ping. The winn has a much better feel than the ss. Try one of the Winn pros before you commit to the ss.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I have two putters with the Slim 3.0 on them and absolutely love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I a 3.0 on an older putter last fall just to see if it would help my putting and it did. My wife also put one on her putter but in a smaller size. I figured that if it did not work, I could go back to a smaller standard grip.

Really considering adding a SS to my odessey white hot v line

Best thing I did was put a SS on my putters. Love the feel and have a 3.0 on my MXM7
e8a9ated.jpg

I love my 1.0 on my Method!

Back