guys with multiple putters they game

Wow, you're lucky!! I can't even find A putter right now!

SPi. Removes variables, makes putting simple and less stressful. Just you, your line, and a shoulder rock.

I stick with one (for the last year or so its been an Odyssey #7 with a Winn Jumbo grip) until my putting gets out of whack, then I switch for a bit, just to get a different look. I practice with all my putters (currently only 3).

SPi. Removes variables, makes putting simple and less stressful. Just you, your line, and a shoulder rock.

I love the look and the theory behind SPi but I can not get my hands comfortable in the neutral or behind the ball position! I don't know if it's because I've been playing with a forward press for so long or what.

I love the look and the theory behind SPi but I can not get my hands comfortable in the neutral or behind the ball position! I don't know if it's because I've been playing with a forward press for so long or what.

Takes time, just like any swing change. Forward pressing introduces a major variable to the equation, there is NO way you can get the press EXACTLY the same each time therefore you impact the ball with a different loft each stroke. Its why forward pressers are notorious for being either on absolute fire or not able to hit the side of a barn. I know, I was one for a long time.

Takes time, just like any swing change. Forward pressing introduces a major variable to the equation, there is NO way you can get the press EXACTLY the same each time therefore you impact the ball with a different loft each stroke. Its why forward pressers are notorious for being either on absolute fire or not able to hit the side of a barn. I know, I was one for a long time.

Depends on how big the barn....usually can't even hit that

I went through both sticking-with-one-putter and rotating-putters (3 putters in 5 rounds) phases. Rotating putters hurt my putting more, which isn't that good in the first place. In the end, I decided to stick it out with an Anser. My putting still sucks, but I think it has to do with lack of practice.

I have multiple putters but I tend to stick with 1 for a while if its working for me. I have a counterbalanced Seemore M2 that I go back to when my stroke goes awry. The counterbalancing helps me get my stroke back in the groove.

i have had one putter since 1972, ben hogan 1415. some here have seen it , amsmith61,ocarrol,buckbug,shankasouras, mooseja, and six4three5. makes a nice "pink" sound when struck. ocarrol showed me a new fangle type putter that took a degree from MIT just to figure out what end to hang on too, lol, i will always stick with my one true love, ben hogan 1415 putter !!!!!

I have 2 main putters that I use but also have 3 backups in-case I want to change things up. All of the putters however fit my stroke and I can use them regardless of course conditions. When I switch it is 100% mental and usually lasts until I feel like I want to switch again.

Im typically a one putter guy. I've always felt that too many option invited too much doubt and indecision.

That being said, I now have 3 putters. First one is an Acuity something-or-other that brother got me for Xmas like 12 years ago. I gamed it forever with good success but it had a very hard insert that made fast greens extra tough.

I gamed that thing till this past September when I took the fateful trip to Detroit that lit the fuse on the a- bomb that was my dormant obsessive golf fanaticism. I gamed an Odyssey White Ice #5 that trip that I fell in love with. I immediately bought one upon my return to Colorado.

After gaming that one for a couple months, I realized that the insert on that putter really left me consistently short on slower greens. Anything over 50ft and I felt I was taking a full swing just to get in the neighborhood. This made me yearn for something more solid yet with way better sight lines.

Enter THP Holiday Putter Madness.

I was fortunate enough to be the lucky recpient of a TaylorMade Ghost Tour Maranello 81. I was shocked when I discovered that it seemed to have every quality I was looking for that my Odyssey did not posess.

Going forward, I'll game the TM as my every day, home track stick. The Odyssey will come out for one special course I play with some seriously slick dance floors.

Wow, that was unnecessarily long :D

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I have 7/8 putters around the house. I have two in particular that I really like. A Seemore M1 and an Odyssey Metal X #7. I swap these two in and out of the bag randomly. If my practice with the putter has only been carpet putting, and I have not been playing much, I will swap out the putter at that time. Other then that, which ever putter is in the bag, stays in the bag. No reason to change.

I have a small gaggle of putters but there's only a few regular gamers. One is an everyday gamer with no concern about weather or course....a pro platinum Midslant that was done in black ox for a tour player and rescued from his storage shed a few years ago. Also have an 009 and a DH89 that gets to see course time as well.

I'm certainly not against benching a putter if I'm not making anything and I have a few in reserve if the gamer starts acting up.

I have a small gaggle of putters but there's only a few regular gamers. One is an everyday gamer with no concern about weather or course....a pro platinum Midslant that was done in black ox for a tour player and rescued from his storage shed a few years ago. Also have an 009 and a DH89 that gets to see course time as well.

I'm certainly not against benching a putter if I'm not making anything and I have a few in reserve if the gamer starts acting up.

nice i see your from NE ohio where at?

I have 3 putters at the moment. I have been carrying 2 with me when I play lately. I want to pick one and stick with it, but I've been switching between them trying them different times trying to decide which I like best. I have had rounds where I've felt I was just struggling with one, and would switch to the other I was carrying mid round. Other than that I haven't really figured any rhyme or reason to switching other than trying to compare and all. I hope to pick one by the beginning of the season this year. Hope....

I rotate 3 in and out. They are all different but do things that I look for when I'm struggling. 2 SeeMores and one Odyssey

Seems like most guys that have multiple putters have 2x the headcovers. Do you guys have those is regular rotation or stick with a few?

Seems like most guys that have multiple putters have 2x the headcovers. Do you guys have those is regular rotation or stick with a few?

I just game my THP Vegas cover

I have 3 putters two are new that I'm going to practice with and decide which one to game... I have 3 headcovers as well each goes with it's own putter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bunch of headcovers too. Have a couple I usually use but most just sit on a shelf.

I usually putt the night before to see what i feel like using..depending of course how I putted the previous round with whichever putter I used. I've got one putter right now that I think will be a solid gamer. Just have to wait till the snow melts. The others will be on display for some indoor putting whenever I get a green setup.

Back