guys with multiple putters they game

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
guys that have multiple putters they like.

how do you decide what putters to use during the season and when?

do you take multiple putters to the course then decide?

do you use one putter for fast greens and one for slow?

Great thread, this will be interesting to hear as their are some folks with a ton of putters lurking

I really only have two now days. Both are nearly the same just with different inserts. One for fast greens and one for slower greens. I also will "spank" one by leaving behind for a few days for being bad.......

guys that have multiple putters they like.

how do you decide what putters to use during the season and when?

do you take multiple putters to the course then decide?

do you use one putter for fast greens and one for slow?

Sorry, this is a touch long winded.

I never take numerous putters to the course unless I am headed strictly to the putting green. I've got a handful of putters now, and most are there for a reason. It started with the SeeMore si2 which I really enjoy using when they have recently sanded or when the green is slow at the beginning of the year. The insert allows me to get after the ball for some reason and have confidence with the audible feedback it gives.

To satiate my love for that headshape, I ended up with a platinum SeeMore m7 and then shortly after that, a Private Reserve m7 which is my gamer right now. Because I adore the PR so much, the platinum m7 is often the putter I fly with because I would be less devastated if something happened to it.

The m9 I have comforted my departure from the nike method 003 and #9 styles I'd tried in the past. It's always nice to have a mid mallet, and it rolls the ball beautifully.

I brought in a PTM3 in trade which goes nicely with my mFGP2 that I also got in trade. Both are a very nice putter to implement SPi with due to the featuring ground plumb design, so I'll often roll one or the other in my living room during off-season to keep tuned with my stroke.

Also in my living room is my Never Compromise Connoisseur Culebra, which was my Morgan Cup putter of last year. I really enjoyed my time with it, however, I found the SeeMore's to roll better. I'm hoping to have it engraved this year for display in my eventual golf room.

Late last year, after noticing a common contact point on my m7 was a bit on the toe side of center. Having fallen in love with the Z series, I decided to give the Z2 a run, but to get the heel shafted version to accommodate for where my contact was. In all likelihood, it will be the putter that will challenge the m7 the best this year as my go-to gamer.

Finally, the DB~4x which I just got today for two reasons. 1 - I need to stop fearing the plumbers neck and plan to put in some time with it. 2 - I need my wife to roll a SeeMore, and it's time for the DB~4x or the mFGP2 to deliver on that!!!

..So the short version is that I don't bounce around a ton, but I give my putters all a fair shot at making the bag throughout the year. I do, however, ride the hot hand -- and ooooooh boy was that m7 hot in late 2013.

I change putters often. On a whim. No rhyme no reason. Odd thing, the best putting rounds I had last year, the first round out with a new putter.

Good question. This mainly depends on the course that I'm going to play. If I'm playing course with VERY fast greens, then I'll take my Cleveland Smart Square, as it's a little heavier. If I'm playing some shaggier greens, then I'll toss my Odyssey V-Line in the bag as it's lighter. (Typically) If I'm playing something a little in between (and it's a coin toss) then lately I've been gaming the Smart Square.

I have a faor amout of putter is my collection. Always looking to add more. More of a collecting thing. I do switch between them through the seeson as they have to get used.
I have no ryme of reason which I chose and for how long I game that one. As of right now my seemore is being gamed as im buying into the rst and spi system.

Nike for slow greens (has more pop), Scotty for fast greens (milled face). For "ME" switching between the two putters allows me to swing the same stroke for both types of greens. The face hang is the same so just use the same stroke and it always rolls the distance I think it should.

It really just depends on my mood, I only have one putter that is drastically different than the others and I haven't really had a chance to get it on the course, so I am going to experiment with it this Spring. I'm probably going to end up taking a bag of putters to the putting green as soon as it gets nice out to get an idea of which is going to be the main one.

I have 6 putters.
1. Ram Zebra - hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years and never will.
2. Ping IsoPure was my gamer to replace the Ram and is now in the garage.
3. Taylormade Monza Spider replaced the Ping and now garaged.
4. Taylormade Ghost Spider replaced the Monza and is in the bag. (I love it !)
5. Taylormade Manta given to the wife since I didn't care for it after testing for Taylormade. (she loves it)
6. Sandy-12 testing for Yes! putters and like it a lot.

The Ghost Spider is my gamer right now. I don't believe in switching putters unless something a whole lot better comes along.
Further testing in the spring will determine if the Sandy is the new gamer.

I'm currently at 3 putters: a PTM1 which I like to practice with. Simple shape, center shafted, and very easy to tell when my stroke is off or the face is manipulated in any way. I have an Si3, which I purchased at 50% off during the PGA SS sale last summer. I had struggled some with lining up the PTM1 and though the mid-mallet (and the Si3 mirroring my favorite head shape) I pulled the trigger without hesitation. I gamed that putter for the rest of 2013 until I recently just purchased a new-to-me M2 from the marketplace. I gamed an anser style non-insert head for 8 years prior to 2013 and was having some inconsistencies with the Si3 (I blame the insert, but really me mis-reading speed), so when it popped up I jumped on it.

All that is going to change, when in June I'll be attending the Seemore Event in Nashville. I fully expect to come out of that experience with a new gamer--based on fitting, instruction, and fitter suggestion.

Currently have two putter for the course.

1. SeeMore FGP1 I use all the time and I have this because I fell in love with it and it really helps with my putting.

2. Cleveland Smart Square I have now so I can prepare for the Morgan Cup for this is the putter I want to game.

It depends I have a couple putters prob 15-20 currently I'm not even sure what's in the stable anymore. I have brought a few on the course and switched after 9 to see how they both work out usually to see what works better but lately I've been keeping a few in rotation that have been working really well and rotating the rest in when I wanna spice it up. I know what works really well for me and I will use those models when I'm playing in competition or when I wanna try to shoot a low score

I have, I think, 19 right now. For me its easy, they're all the proper length and they all fit my eye. So, with SPi I know I can pick any one of them up, put it in the bag, and when I get to the course I will see success with it on the course. Really is that simple for me.

so taking 2 putters to the course is not the way to go. just take one and have a rotation got it.

so taking 2 putters to the course is not the way to go. just take one and have a rotation got it.

I've done it. Have a few in the car. But conditions never determine which one I use. Just whichever one feels fun that day.

I have, I think, 19 right now. For me its easy, they're all the proper length and they all fit my eye. So, with SPi I know I can pick any one of them up, put it in the bag, and when I get to the course I will see success with it on the course. Really is that simple for me.

seemore makes it easier for sure i've cut almost all of mine down to what i was fit for and i've had most of them bent to close to what i've been fit for but i have a few that are still different toe hang or lofts/ length depending on where i'm missing putts at. its so much easier switching between the ones that are the same exact specs just have something different for my eye to look at with a blade or more of a mallet style.

Other than the Lajosi I received courtesy of THP as part of the Holiday Putter Madness, my entire collection consists of 5 black gunmetal series SeeMores. All 5 are of the same length, have the same lie angle and have the same grip. When grabbing a putter to game for the day, it is simply a matter of which head shape I feel like rolling that particular day.

Currently own 4:
Odyssey DART
Bullseye
Spalding TPM 12
Ping ANSER 2

Love the DART - had been using the Bullseye until last spring when I switched. If I decide I need a different look, the Bullseye will get the call again.

Great question. I have one putter with a new one on the way. I've never held onto multiple putters but the two Seemores aren't going anyplace. I have a feeling I will choose what I game based on course conditions.

I have several putters that are in the rotation. If I am going to make a putter change I usually decide the day before my next round, I do not plan a switch any further in advance than that. I have never taken more than one putter to the course, that would make me rethink my choice, more confusion would not be a good thing. I do not make a change based on green speeds, I prefer faster greens but my putters will work with both types.

Most will never get played, though I'll take them out for some putting every now and then, either indoors or outdoors.

I have a gamer that I play and I'm not a big fan of messing with success. I've ruined my putting by switching things around in the past, whether it was a grip or a different style. Mental block I suppose.

I have a couple that I like to take out for fun every now and then and it's almost always on a whim.

Wow, you're lucky!! I can't even find A putter right now!

With my MXM #7 on the way I have three. I'm currently gaming the Cleveland SS & loving it more each time out.

In terms with how I decide I guess I get superstitious. If I'm rolling the rock well it stays in the bag until it lets me down (bc it has to be the putter right?!?!)

Back