Hello I'm Mark from Northeast Ohio

Welcome Mark. Up here in the akron area

Welcome to THP! Read up on the Tour Prefferred line here on the forum. Also recommend getting a fitting as new irons can be a hefty investment and you would want them to be the best for you!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

I went to golf galaxy tonight and tried out the rocketbladez non tour head club with three different shafts. I used the stock TM 85g stiff shaft, KBS.tour stiff and KBS tour x stiff shaft. I was hitting the ground before making contact with the ball in the x stiff I didn't like it, it just felt a little too heavy and no lag on the the club. I hit the 85g the best as far as contact goes but I think that is due to me just being used to the lightweight stock shaft with my Burner 2.0's. The KBS stiff shaft felt better for the little time I used it, I liked the heavier feel of that shaft. I was hitting a launch angle between 22-25° and RPMs were 4400-4800 this was my average with or without the heavier shafts. My average carry on the simulator was 184 carry and 193 with roll. That is an improvement of about 8-10 yards. I had a friend with me and he was hitting the same clubs without a gain in distance from his usual set. Let me know what you guys think, I know the backspin RPMs are high but still pretty good distance

Last edited:
Welcome Mark, Great to have you, You will find quite a few Taylormade Players on this site to help you, Best of luck finding the perfect sticks for yourself

Welcome to THP!!!

Hello welcome to THP.

:welcome: Mark!

Bump back up...I would like to hear what you guys think of my numbers at GG in my previous post or should I just make a new thread in the "Hi..I'm new here" thread section

I went to golf galaxy tonight and tried out the rocketbladez non tour head club with three different shafts. I used the stock TM 85g stiff shaft, KBS.tour stiff and KBS tour x stiff shaft. I was hitting the ground before making contact with the ball in the x stiff I didn't like it, it just felt a little too heavy and no lag on the the club. I hit the 85g the best as far as contact goes but I think that is due to me just being used to the lightweight stock shaft with my Burner 2.0's. The KBS stiff shaft felt better for the little time I used it, I liked the heavier feel of that shaft. I was hitting a launch angle between 22-25° and RPMs were 4400-4800 this was my average with or without the heavier shafts. My average carry on the simulator was 184 carry and 193 with roll. That is an improvement of about 8-10 yards. I had a friend with me and he was hitting the same clubs without a gain in distance from his usual set. Let me know what you guys think, I know the backspin RPMs are high but still pretty good distance

hey what iron are you hitting? i am no numbers junkie but i am generally not worried about spin on my irons so much. i know lower spin gets more distance and cuts in the wind better.

for me if its doesnt balloon and has good distance and is on a mid ball hight. im more concerned about accuracy with them

Sorry forgot to put this was with a 7 iron. I balloon every shot so I figured my backspin would be high

Sorry forgot to put this was with a 7 iron. I balloon every shot so I figured my backspin would be high

yea if your getting that on a 7 iron i wouldnt worry about distance at all. mabye look into a shaft to lower your ballflight and play a lower spinning ball.

Yeah that is why I went to golf galaxy was to get to try out different shafts. The x stiff, I couldn't stop hitting the ground prior to the ball and the 85g stock and the KBS Tour Stiff 120g were literally about the same. I can not explain how this happened considering it was a 35g jump up in weight

Sounds like you may have a winner with the KBS Tour's

We have a few places around here that will do some pretty in depth iron/shaft fittings if you really wanted to narrow it down to what performs best for you.

Or if you wait a few weeks for the weather to turn, we can meet up, rumor has it I have a "few" iron sets you could try out.

Welcome to THP Mark! Glad you joined us.

Sounds like you may have a winner with the KBS Tour's

We have a few places around here that will do some pretty in depth iron/shaft fittings if you really wanted to narrow it down to what performs best for you.

Or if you wait a few weeks for the weather to turn, we can meet up, rumor has it I have a "few" iron sets you could try out.

Mike,

This may be perfect actually to wait because the buyer who was going to buy my burner 2.0's just backed out, you know 2 days before the golf show. So looks like I wont be getting irons this weekend. :arrogant::at-wits-end:

Back