I want to get my handicap to the single digits (13 right now). Does that seem realistic?

You know what?

I'm done waiting. 2014 goal: Hole in one.

Also, continuing my efforts to make golf a FUN hobby rather than a serious one, but plan to maintain a sub 2-3 handicap and try to spend a bit more time on the + side this year.

I want to get my handicap to the single digits (13 right now). Does that seem realistic?

Certainly is. The first time I hit single digits, which was just a couple of years ago, I was coming from a 13. You can do it!

You know what?

I'm done waiting. 2014 goal: Hole in one.

Also, continuing my efforts to make golf a FUN hobby rather than a serious one, but plan to maintain a sub 2-3 handicap and try to spend a bit more time on the + side this year.

I love it I believe you can do both Dan! I see no reason you can't maintain a + handicap with the way you strike the ball and putt.

I love it I believe you can do both Dan! I see no reason you can't maintain a + handicap with the way you strike the ball and putt.

Thanks brotha! I just need this junk weather to pass so i can rededicate. Video games are fun, but they aren't golf.

Thanks brotha! I just need this junk weather to pass so i can rededicate. Video games are fun, but they aren't golf.

If you're up for relocating (and I know you are), I have a plan.

Don't be afraid, we have awesome doughnuts here, and poutine.

1 play more with different people (I usually play alone due to timing)
2 consistency I shoot 100 one day, 82 the next
3 get a few lessons
4 learn to hit my 60* wedge better. That thing is gold sometimes, sometimes its a tree branch.

I hear ya on the weather, I can and can't wait for the courses to open back up and it be decent enough to get out and play. On the other hand I need to weather to hold to give me time to build my swing to reach my goals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is easy. When I started golfing in July, I said I wanted to break 120 by the end of the year. I've done that (108 is my PB). My goal now is to get under 100 and stay there a majority of the time.

I think I've put down my goals earlier in the thread actually. I need to drop to single handicap.

Main improvements would be:
- Bunkers
- Pitches 30-45meters
- Long approaches

I hope to play more on other courses then my homecourse. And be able to put down some respectable scores.

Secretly we all hope for an albatross or a hole in one. *Brag* I've shot a hole in one on a par4 today so I have these covered already :D But honestly eagles would be so awesome already!

Thought this thread could use a bump. I have several goals and need to narrow them down and get them on paper. Will work on this in the next few days.

My legitimate goal this year is to get under a 3hdcp. That's the lowest that I've ever been, and it was when I was a kid working at a golf course and hitting balls all the time.

I'll never have that much time to practice. It's just not possible with the job, family, etc. But, I'm a much smarter player now than when I was younger. My course management is much better, and I am much more efficient in my practice. I've also learned to be more effective in my practice rather than spending hours just "hitting balls."

It will take a lot of early morning range sessions, an increased focus on short game practice, and also probably learning to hit a fade -- on purpose. But, I think it can be done.

Getting the mid iron game on lockdown. Driving and short game, I'm pretty happy with these days but the 160-200 shots especially from the fairways are holding me back big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIR 6.8 a round last year needs to be improved upon and get my HCP to 5 or lower and maybe some lessons.

My first round will be next Wednesday. I'll try to think of anything else I missed earlier and add it to my first post.

I want to shoot one round of par golf (72) this year which will beat my PB by one.:thumb:

I want to shoot one round of par golf (72) this year which will beat my PB by one.:thumb:

And to build another guest room extension onto the ol' woodshed, right? :D

My goal is to lower my handicap 3 strokes. Go from 11 to 8. Fell short last year. Did have it to 9.4 for about a month.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

One simple goal, get my handicap into single digits. I am currently at 11.5 which is as low as it has ever been. If I happen to reach that earlier, then I wanna go as low as possible.

As I hit most of my goals last year, I would like to improve on them a little more.

1 - lower my scoring average from 79.9 to 79.5 or below
2 - break 80 in 55% of my rounds (52% last year)
3 - break par twice (once each of the last 2 years)
4 - practice more even if it means playing less
5 - continue working on controlling my emotions on the course

I played 15 rounds in Orlando the last 2 weeks and I was rusty so I'm a little behind but I did make some progress.

Went from 100 to 90 last year. I guess try to go from 90 to 80 this year. it is quite possible as I'm still swinging over the top. Working hard to remedy this.

Having chocked so many times last year during comp's I want to halve my h/c to what I know I score and after the work put in over the winter I hope it pays off.

My goals for 2014 are,
1. I am going to get and maintain a handicap for the first time.
2. I am going to break 90 for the first time.
3. I am going to have more fun on the golf course than ever.

Have a few, some achievable, some not so....
i) Down to 18 handicap
ii) Banish 3 putts
iii) Finally take a course of lessons
iv) Find more time to practice short game
v) Buy my first ever set of brand new clubs

That'll do for starters!

Improve my short game
Cut a minimum of 4 shots
Enjoy it more, don't take it too seriously
Just play golf and ignore club politics
Play more Opens

Back