What is the longest putt you have made?

franzy

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would start one.

I was playing in a fall scramble at Highland Woods two years ago (Hoffman Estates, IL). The weather was really cold out, I think the high was 46 (f). Our foursome did not make a put all day. The ball was not flying very far. In fact, we did not even hit a lot of greens in regulation. I hit a smoking 6 iron maybe 165 into a par 4? (again it was really cold and windy). I hit the dance floor on my second and was 56 feet from the hole. I told my partners that I insisted on putting first. When I was circling the green and reading the putt I remembered a Golf magazine article that was written by Michael Jordan. He said, "when you putt, think and believe that you are the greatest putter in the world!!". That was the thought that kept running through my mind. The putt was a down hill then up right to left (10 foot swing). I remember having an epiphany when I saw the exact line that the putt must be hit on. As soon as I saw that I said to myself don't be short, and kept repeating "I'm the greatest putter in the world!". As soon as I hit the putt I said to myself "this one has a chance". When the putt was 3/4 of the way to the hole I starting walking after it because I new it was dead nuts going in!!. Sure enough it rammed into the hole with authority. My team and I went absolutely crazy (screaming and running around). After the putt went in I went back to the spot and paced off the distance because I knew that it was a once in a lifetime type putt.

We ended up shooting a +2 (74) for the day, but that was my greatest putt ever. What's your longest putt?

Probably on the 17th hole of the CT invitational. Was around 60 feet or so with 3 big breaks. Made it to save Par.

I made a birdie from about 40-45 feet once. I haven't gotten close to draining anything that long since then and that was 3 years ago.

Internet length 75 feet, actual feet about 25

Not sure on the distance but in Sunday of the Morgan Cup last year I made a putt from the drop zone that was pretty far away.

21:46 mark

I would say something in the 50-60' range. But it was by pure blind luck, I was actually trying to putt the ball a different way and pushed it on to the right line. Give me 100 chances at the putt and I am not sure I could make 1 again.

About 30 feet, on the 7th at Mountain View, in a scramble, to make birdie.

I whacked a putt from the fairway once, sort of half joking, and it rolled into the cup. Not sure how far it was. I was probably 50 yards from the green when I hit it, plus another 30 feet or so from the front of the green. I think it was for a 6 or 7.

I'm not really sure, I've made a few long ones in my time. I'd guess around 50 foot, maybe longer.

That was an awesome putt MikeDean. And its on video for the world to see.

I played with Jim Achenbach at Bandon Dunes a bit ago and he made 127' putt. Caddie said it was the longest he had ever seen and the reason we know the length is because he was on the collar on 1 side and it was exactly 127' to that pin position.

Jim walks rather slow at this age and it took him about 3 minutes to get to the ball.

Does skulling a wedge that never leaves the ground and rolls about 50 yards into the cup count? No?

OK, I had about a 70ft putt with about 18ft of break on the 18th hole at World Tour in MB. It's the replica of 18 at St. Andrews. It was possibly the longest putt you could have on the entire course. I didn't think I had a chance of ever even getting it close, but it just tracked perfectly right into the cup.

Forgot to mention it was for bogey and to halve the hole after I slapped by sand shot into the H2O

That was an awesome putt MikeDean. And its on video for the world to see.

I played with Jim Achenbach at Bandon Dunes a bit ago and he made 127' putt. Caddie said it was the longest he had ever seen and the reason we know the length is because he was on the collar on 1 side and it was exactly 127' to that pin position.

Jim walks rather slow at this age and it took him about 3 minutes to get to the ball.

That is pretty incredible to get to witness that in person. Reminds me of this one...

rolled in a 60 foot downhiller last week for a duece

Unfortunately, I feel like I've made more 30 footers than I have 3 footers--ouch.

Couldn't tell you exact distance but the two or three that stick out the most to me were all in scrambles, and I'd say about 30 to 40 ish feet.

64 feet, was a prayer, I may or may not have Tiger fist pumped the bogey putt as well. :alien:

I made about a 50 footer one time for par to halve a hole in a team match last year, really wish it was on camera!

About 27 feet. I didn't have any measuring take so I counted steps and did the math.

40-45 ft. putt during a charity event at Belterra GC - - my career highlight! lol

I've made my fair share of putts in the 60-80 ft range. Some by luck, but most my putting to a spot and hoping the break was read properly. Last weekend with the Houston THP group I think I drained a 60 footer or so for birdie on a par 3 that help my pace properly and died into the hole.

Don't know what it is, probably less pressure to make one, but I feel comfortable over the longer putts vs the shorter ones.

What is the longest putt you have made?

I couldn't even tell you. Has to be somewhere around the 40'-50' range I would guess though.

Not sure of the actual length, but it was long. I was playing with my Dad's skins group and on the long par 3 I was back left, the hole was front right. Downhill and on a sort of a side slope so it was a huge breaker. To give you an idea, another player was opposite his ball lining up his putt and after I hit he had time to walk around the hole, place his ball, and pick up his marker as my ball was going in. The best part was that it was the only skin on the back so my $2 entry turned into $24.

No clue. I'd guess 50-60'. Any jubilation from a long putt has been lost by the time I finish the round and card another 90.

One of my worst rounds last year I shot a 98 or something at Lakewood CC and on 18 made what was probably a 35 yard putt. Front hole position made it all the way from the back fringe after I flew my approach. Threw my club in the air like I won the Open and ran to the hole and talked to the ball. Said something along the the lines of it only takes one to keep ya coming back. My buddy fell down in laughter. Good times

Probably about 120 feet to a hole that was unputtable, a huge kidney shaped green. Lots of wind that day over 30 years ago, so I was on the front of the green and had waste area between me and the hole, I could see the top of the flag that was it. So I took a lob wedge out and one hopped it in the cup from 40 yards or so. Didn't see it go in but my playing partners did. So on the card it went down as an eagle on a hard par 5 with a 1 putt, even though I hit a LW.

I tried to repair the green the best I could, after that I now move the ball to the nearest part of the course where it's not green. Taking a huge divot out of a green just doesn't seem right. So unless some big money is involved, I'll never do that again.

Oh, I made lots of huge snakes over the years, made an 80 footer last month, made 100 footers a few times too.

If you play a lot, you get some long putts, usually from underclubbing in wind in my case, most of my irons on a good day are within 40 feet, the better ones 20 or so, but sometimes I end up with snakes and just aim them along the line I see and if they go in, it's skill and luck IMO. Just getting to the hole gives you a chance.

Back