Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Only with my friends

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I rarely wager on golf

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have neer wagered on golf

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
I almost never play for money. It's been over 20 years since I've played for even minor money. We usually just play for a beer. Then, we usually buy rounds anyway.

beer yes, never money

I rarely wager aside from the crazy headcover we play for. Did play a quarter a hole with some guys once. Amazing what kinda pressure $2 or $3 can apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skins and green balls all the time. Like to play teams as well. Not big money....But something to make it fun :)

I very rarely play for money. Only because I don't want to give it to anyone else. :)

We will play $1 a hole team skins. Switch every six holes and everyone takes a turn together. No one ever seems to end up +/- more than $4 or $5.

I was introduced to a game called Banker this year. That got out of hand FASSSSST. The game is a series of individual bets against "the banker"
It was very civil until the end when guys started looking to get back the $10-15 they were down.

Par 3...
$5 bet. Tripled in the air by the better. $15
$15 Tripled in the air by the Banker. $45
Birdies Double the bet.
Doubled-Triple-Triple.

2 guys took the original bet (I might have been one of them.... maybe...)
The smart guy lost like $6 on that hole.... buddy and I were out $90 each.... I'm never gambling again.

I play weekly money games. It keeps things interesting. Its usually quota with gross and net skins.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We play with a wide age group of guys. A few of them are disabled, so it's hard to make it fair. For that reason, we play a scramble every Sunday, $20 per man, and teams are picked by captains. The pot is split for the front 9 and back 9. Within our teams, we usually play a "dot game", which is 5 bucks per side. If you are closest to the pin (in regulation) on the team, you get a dot. Most dots on a side wins.

On Saturdays we generally play a shamble, and your team has to count its 2 best scores from each hole. There are 4 bets. An 18 hole bet, and then press bets starting on 6, 10 and 15. Again, it's 20 bucks per man.

If we are playing our own balls instead of a shamble, we play best ball rotating partners every 3 holes (cart mates for 3 holes, drivers for 3 holes and opposites for 3 holes). To do this, we have to have our more able bodied guys playing.

I don't think I played any non-solo rounds last year where no money was involved. I have a very gambling heavy background and have bet on some REALLY silly things.

Golf doesn't sniff the top 100 of that list.

It's usually with a buddy who is about equal skill level or someone who is significantly better, but gives me what I feel are adequate strokes. Mostly $5 skins and $5 closest to pin on 3s (must be GIR), but certainly not uncommon to hear my buddy from across the fairway "$10 on hitting the green from here?". Gambling just adds more excitement to me.

I rarely wager on golf, we sometimes play skins for high stakes (quarters) but not often.

Rare, very rare. Maybe lunch and or a beverage after the round.

Option C I only play with friends and if it's for small stuff like drinks or dinner or small money

Using Tapatalk

Occasionally with friends. Nothing all that much, just to put something on the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skins and a lot of Nassau for us.

ive played some skins , match play for 5 dollars a hole or just for lunch. Nothings ever got to where id lose to much.

ive played some skins , match play for 5 dollars a hole or just for lunch. Nothings ever got to where id lose to much.

At $5 per hole the potential is there for a really bad day. I couldn't play for those stakes. For me and the guys I usually play with, that would be big money. That would suck the fun out of the game for us - make it too serious.

Nope never have and don't plan on it. I already spend enough money on golf don't need to lose any more of it.

At $5 per hole the potential is there for a really bad day. I couldn't play for those stakes. For me and the guys I usually play with, that would be big money. That would suck the fun out of the game for us - make it too serious.

I havnt in a long time. Honestly never really crossed my mind while playing. I played usualy with two groups of people and we all had our little side thing. Sometimes it was 5 sometimes it was 1$. Sometimes as insaid it was just for lunch..we never let anyone lose more than they had to lose that day.

I don't often play for money, but when I do it is always very low stakes. One of my favorites is snakes, last to 3 putt pays the group.

Personally, I would rather not play for money. The first round of drinks at the 19th hole is about as much as I would like. I remember the first and only time I got talked into a game called Wolf. A bud and I got paired with a couple of guys that suggested the game. Story short, some how I ended up getting about $50 and I still don't know how. but my bud had to use an ATM. The lesson learned, be sure you know what you may be getting into.

I don't play golf...for money...against people.

But in all seriousness I do play for some for skins or things like that. The guys at my country club play a game called "Vegas" that can get STUPID expensive. It's all about making birdies.

There is usually a little something on the line.

We play for quarters. End of the day, you can only loose a couple of bucks. Just enough to have fun and not hurt anyone.

My group usually has a few matches going on as well as a skins game . The joy of playing with people who think money grows on trees or were professional athletes

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Back