House of Cards thread (NO SPOILERS)

Rusty

Reaction score
Handicap
The Netflix exclusive series was released today, and I managed to watch the first episode this morning before work. I think this needs to be a "NO SPOILERS" thread, because of the nature of the release. Some people might watch all 13 episodes as quickly as possible, while some people may stumble across this thread having never heard of the series.

I will say this: First episode is awesome. Kevin Spacey is the house majority leader from South Carolina (they don't specify which party, but I get the impression he is Republican - he is definitely a conservative). His character reminds me a lot of Spacey's character from "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", but a little more serious. In the first episode he has helped the new President get elected, but the Pres reneges on his promise to make Spacey Secretary of State. So Spacey and his wife (Robin Wright) begin to plot their revenge.

The video quality and cinematography is really top notch, and far better than any show on network television right now. I stream Netflix via my Blu Ray player, and I would say the video quality rivals a lot of BR movies I have watched.

Netflix wants this to be the future of television; episodic programming that you can watch at your desire without having to wait for the appointed release dates. I don't know whether that will really catch on, but I will be watching several episodes of "House of Cards" this weekend, since its too cold to do much outdoors.

Hmmm....didn't you just put spoilers about the first episode into your no spoilers thread? :confused2:

No, this is just the mini plot synopsis that has been available for months now. Its not a "spoiler" if you just tell someone what a show is about. You don't have to post a "spoiler alert" to tell someone STAR TREK is about a military space crew in the future.

I watched a few more episodes over the weekend, and it just keeps getting better. They eventually did have to assign everyone a party, although I actually thought they were going to try to keep that ambiguous.

Anybody else watching? Just saw the Season 2 premiere. So good.

Didn't know it season 2 was out. I must watch now.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

all episodes of season 2 are out. I'm still finishing up season 1, but it's really hard to believe HBO or Showtime or at least Starz or someone didn't pick this up. Netflix made a real powerhouse move to mainstream television producing this show.

My mom is so in love with this show..can anyone pm me..or let me know when the DVD set will be available for season 2?

i researched on the net and found nothing

please hell if u can

mm

it will be a little while before the blu-rays/DVDs come out. but FWIW you can watch the whole thing for free by signing up for a netflix free month trial.

Watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 last night. Couldn't believe what happened episode 1 but then thought the other episodes were a little less interesting.

Watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 last night. Couldn't believe what happened episode 1 but then thought the other episodes were a little less interesting.

I thought it hit a lull for sure after that amazing season opener. They do a good job at the end of the season though. Already anticipating where it goes from here.

I am 4 in and so far so good.

Just finished season 2. good stuff

I watched the first season in two days about 3 weeks ago. Great show. I'm about 6-7 episodes into season two. Unfortunately I believe this show represents how things are truly done in Washington DC. Very scary.

gonna watch this after I catch up on Walking Dead, Breaking bad, Fringe, SGU, and Spartacus. love Spacey, he's probably perfect for the role.

Hmmm....didn't you just put spoilers about the first episode into your no spoilers thread? :confused2:

I never really paid attention to this thread before, because I don't watch it, but isn't it odd to have a thread about a particular show/subject/ whatever, but not be able to talk about the show/subject in that thread? I mean it's not like the What are you watching thread where the point is only to tell what you are watching, this is a thread about a specific something! But don't talk about it, hahaha.

Do we need a House of Cards Spoiler thread as ell? Or could we change this into a spoiler thread since it is a year old, and hopefully the OP has caught up by now?

(It's really not a big deal, just something I was thinking, as I still don't watch the show!)

Good point Smalls. Tough thing is all 13 episodes come out at once.

I've got two episodes left in season 2, it's getting good! The middle of this season sort of dragged a little I thought.

Anyone else watch this?

The wife got it going a while back and I end up catching quite a bit of each episode. I think Spacey's character is incredible in this show. Ultra manipulative and arguably brilliant.

Anyone else watch this?

The wife got it going a while back and I end up catching quite a bit of each episode. I think Spacey's character is incredible in this show. Ultra manipulative and arguably brilliant.

I watched both seasons. Its a great show but scares me thinking that might not be far off from reality. Spacey does a really good job.

I watched both seasons. Its a great show but scares me thinking that might not be far off from reality. Spacey does a really good job.

Scares, but does it surprise?

I presume it's not far off - All the manipulation, backstabbing, and dirty tactics.

Binge watched the first season when it came out. Spent Valentine's Day binge watching the second season. Spacey (and others) are really, really great in this.

Scares, but does it surprise?

I presume it's not far off - All the manipulation, backstabbing, and dirty tactics.

I think if we knew the whole truth about what goes on in politics it might make us cringe.

Got hooked and watched all episodes on Netfilx in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got hooked and watched all episodes on Netfilx in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what kills me about this show. I am hooked but it last me about two weeks and then I need to wait for another season.

Starting this series tonight. Had wanted to awhile back and just kind of forgot about it. Huge spacey fan

Back