How much damage have you done.

Not in the house, but as a kid I skulled one while chipping/pitching around our acreage in the country.

Right in the path of said skulled shot? My mother's brand new Geo Tracker. Missed the rear window by 3 inches, put a nice dent in the side of the new car.... and made sure to start hitting balls away from vehicles.

(The practice green at my old course was right on the edge of the parking lot. I could never bring myself to practice chipping in the direction of the cars LOL)

Coolest part of that story was "brand new Geo Tracker".

I broke the neighbors window with a golf ball. I was hitting driver out in the field and hit a tree and the ball ended up flying backwards about 100 yards and right through the neighbors window. Yes I told him and paid for a new window.

I have thrice shattered glass bulbs on fans.

And I have thrice been yelled at by the Doc for it.

Broke a neighbors window when I was younger hitting balls outside

Coolest part of that story was "brand new Geo Tracker".

4 door, stereo we put in because we bought it without one in it from the dealer..... I loved it.

Looking back now, it was the cheapest piece of garbage we could get... but it was 4WD, and we lived in the country. Gravel roads and deep deep snow beat the heck out of it more than one golf ball ever could!

I have never taken a full swing in the house. However, I did hit JB in the head with a golf shaft once, knocked him straight to the floor. The worst part was I was laughing so hard I couldn't ask him if he was alright.

lol!

Well, my incident was kind of intentional... when we moved in to our current house, ( a split foyer ) we had a dated chandelier with panels of glass hanging over the foyer. We bought a new one, and were actually going to re-do the entire foyer anyway. So, I'm on the upper level before we started the reno, and I told my wife that I bet I could pick off those panels with a golf shot. She laughed and said yea, right. Before I knew it, and more sensible heads prevailed, I am hitting punch shots at these glass panels, watching them break all over the floor. Only problem was, I actually shanked one and left a big dent in the closet door!

Put a sliced ball through a 20' wide glass picture window.

Ceiling fan light when I was about 15, and actually just today it was nearly a mirror

Tore up the carpet a little bit, thats it.

you have to be asked to leave? I actually sometimes get begged.

Well, in my defense, I'm pretty fantastic and modest. :)

I clipped my driver that was sitting in my bag, destroying the shaft. I'm still PO'd at myself for that one.

I used to live in a pub (sounds great but moved out by the time I was 15 so a couple of years to early to really enjoy the benefits). It was a 300 odd year old building, so all the ceilings were high. I was in my bedroom practicing my swing in front of the mirror when I hit the wall and the club went through making a massive hole. I also took a divot out of the carpet :lol:

I used to live in a pub (sounds great but moved out by the time I was 15 so a couple of years to early to really enjoy the benefits). It was a 300 odd year old building, so all the ceilings were high. I was in my bedroom practicing my swing in front of the mirror when I hit the wall and the club went through making a massive hole. I also took a divot out of the carpet :lol:

Least you commited and took a divot lol

Swinging 6I in the new house basement. Put a nice dent in a heating run

This house? Nothing. I keep to the garage and only hit whiffle balls in there.

My previous house in Maryland had one of those very high ceilinged living room/staircases that allowed me to flop whiffle-balls about a story up to bounce off a wall at about 9' or so, then bounce back down and land almost at my feet. Great fun. Did have a real ball sneak into my whiffle practice balls, which I realized upon impact was going to be bad. Explaining a hole in the wall is bad. Explaining a hole in a wall that's 10' off the ground is much less fun.

And that's why I only practice in the garage now.

When I was about 11, I took a relatively easy swing with a wedge and accidentally busted my sisters lip open as she walked up behind me. I have done some other damage playing sock baseball though (broken lights, etc).

Love these stories, although they dont weigh in much wirh the explanation part.. "others have done it too" doesnt work...ive tried

Honestly.. nothing at this point. Then again I may be scarred from my youth from having to scrub and paint the garage door every year because of ball marks and puck marks.

I had an 10' x 20' indoor net set up but even with it I was tearing up the room. Decided to take it down and just focus on stretching and I'll worry about hitting balls in the spring. I do have some home touch-up projects now though.

The ceiling (minus the ceiling fan)...

Vw6Y7Qp.png

Shanked one right of the net caught the door frame...

lC2PWwG.png

Hit one through the net (actually, this might be the ricochet of the shank)...

2y3ovy8.png

This next one was the one that finally got through my thick skull that this wasn't such a good idea.
Hit another one through the net that ricocheted off of the window frame and somehow put a scuff on the window without breaking it...

njbblPV.png

My house was built in '39 and most of the frames are solid oak. Otherwise the damage would be even worse. Now I just take half swings without a ball to keep things stretched out.

I used to hit full PW shots with whiffle balls from my parents living room into their foyer--there was a coat rack at the bottom of the stairs with 4 million coats on it. They did a good job of softening the blow of the whiffle balls. Unfortunately there was also a ceiling fan at the bottom of the stairs. One shot, that I finally pured, hit the globe surrounding the light shattering it into a thousand pieces. Not only am I still picking up glass from that incident, I only got around to replacing the globe last Christmas.

Friend had an indoor mat with net. I shanked one and hit the french door glass. There was no part that you could see through due to the cracks and spider webbing. Truly beautiful.

Back