When Does Your Glove Come Off?

SmoothC83

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.8
After hearing Faldo and Finchy bantering about their personal glove/feel theories, it got me thinking. Finch wore his glove on every shot including putts, and believed you stuck with what you did when you first started playing. Faldo said his came off anytime he had a chip or less, believing that the gloves feel changes over time, and therefore, taking the glove off to chip would provide a feel that he is always familiar with. After thinking about it I concluded that I never really fully committed to one way or the other, though I'm not sure why. Sometimes I will leave my glove on for the entirety of a hole and sometimes it comes off for feel shots. So when does your glove come off, if ever, and why?

After many people here pointed out that removing it for chips/puts could extend the glove's life, I have started taking mine off around the greens. As often as possible, really. mworsham pointed out to me on saturday that the clicgear has two little pieces of velcro for attaching gloves. I used them for that whole round and I think I will be doing that a lot more often. It was warm here on saturday but my glove never got all sweaty

I actually prefer to not wear a glove at all, but when I do, it usually comes off after every shot. And I never chip, pitch, or putt while wearing a glove. For me, it just disconnects me from the club.

Between shots when I'm riding or walking, chip shots, and putts. My hands sweat and taking the glove off keeps it dry.

I forget to take it off a lot so I leave it on through the hole. I putt with it too. Doesn't bother me or screw my putting.

For any shot 30 yards and in and on putts. And, yes, chutts would also be executed sans a glove!

Glove comes off between shots and is back on for every shot except putts

My glove comes off after the round is over.

Take it off for wedges and putter as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not much unless it's really humid. I usually putt with it on, so normally, at the turn and at the end.

I take it off between shots and don't put it back on for putts or shots inside of about 40 yards.

Remove it for putting only

I take mine off for putting only.

Comes off after every shot and always for putts.

Putting only here. And it goes in the back left pocket. If I'm putting from right off the green or the fringe I keep it on since mentally I feel like I strike harder with the glove on. I wouldn't dream of hitting a birdie putt from 6 feet with a glove on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My glove comes off inside of 30 yards from the green. I much prefer chipping, pitching, and putting with my bare hands. I just like the feel of the club more that way.

My glove comes off inside of 30 yards from the green. I much prefer chipping, pitching, and putting with my bare hands. I just like the feel of the club more that way.

That's exactly what I do as well. Don't know if it's real but just gives me what I think is better feel.

Mine comes off when the round is over. Stays on from the first tee until the 18th green.

After every shot, I will keep it off for chipping and putting as well. I will put it back on for any bunker shot.

I take it off after every shot and put it back on just before I play the next shot. I do this because it's usually hot here and my hands gets sweaty.

For shots less than 70 yards or so I leave it in the back pocket.

Glove usually stays on until I get inside full shot distance/putting. Now, on terribly hot days, the glove comes off after every shot.

I only wear it when taking a shot but not a putt and green side pitches or chips.

Since I switched to GripMaster grips about 7 years ago, I stopped using a glove altogether. They stay tacky - treated with something called ProTac - and last several years of very active play.

My gloves come off when Im putting or when Im swinging a club that has the word, "wedge" in its name. I feel that on those shots, where feel is so very critical that taking my glove off helps me have better feel.

Back