Elkington is at it Again

Elkington is at it Again

What did he say?

The internet is serious business as we know. Maybe he just can't help but keep it real.

elkington- when keepin it real goes wrong

I don't follow him either, don't think I'll start.

He is like a crime scene.
I think the hashtag #ElkTroll should become a verb.

I agree. There was a time when I followed him, then I just blocked him. He seems to be one of those guys that not even a mother could love.......

I find it so weird how much insensitive and ignorant stuff flies out of his mouth. Seemed like such a nice and mild mannered guy on the course. Maybe I didnt look close enough...

Never a fan of his, so he can say what he wants, not that those I am a fan of can't say what they want either. But if you say it, own it afterwards.

Every time a bigot tweets, a gay man sings a song from A Chorus Line. It's beautiful justice from the Universe.

Do you find it the least bit ironic that you mention a stereotype of gay guys?

Do you find it the least bit ironic that you mention a stereotype of gay guys?

No. Because I know that not all gay men are the same.

Elk continues to demonstrate that common sense is not required to play golf at the highest professional level.

Elk continues to demonstrate that common sense is not required to play golf at the highest professional level.

Elk hasn't competed at any level for a very long time.

I guess no one can repeat what was said?

Seriously though, someone please revoke this clowns playing privileges and make him wallow in the consequences of his shameful behavior.

I guess no one can repeat what was said?

He basically said Sam won the handbag tossing competition at the Combine and was the only participant.

I remember going on a big follow spree of a lot of PGA players, and I started following Elk.

I unfollowed within a day.

There's lots of people who say dumb things on Twitter and realize they were dumb (and I count myself among that number), but it's something else to 1) have a huge audience to say it to, and 2) continually say stupid/insensitive/downright mean things, and then claim it was a joke or you were drunk or you were hacked. It's BS, and everyone knows it's BS when you try that.

He basically said Sam won the handbag tossing competition at the Combine and was the only participant.

And that it was embarrassing that ESPN was covering a gay athlete.

Very Un Australian I hope he doesn't come home.

I used to like his golf game. But this is just "I have stupid on my forehead."

And that it was embarrassing that ESPN was covering a gay athlete.

I think he said it was embarrassing that they were covering him because he's gay, not because he's an athlete.

Elkington is at it Again

I think he said it was embarrassing that they were covering him because he's gay, not because he's an athlete.

He can try and spin it all he wants, dude is a misogynist and a homophobe.

He can try and spin it all he wants, dude is a misogynist and a homophobe.

Well, in all fairness, how many stories had ESPN put together on the SEC defensive player of the year prior to finding out he was the gay SEC defensive player of the year?

I don't think you have to be a homophobe to consider the fact that ESPN certainly has used the guys sexual preference to crank out some page hits.

Elkington is certainly outspoken which makes him an easy target for criticism any time he opens his mouth with comments he knows will rile up the internet. It's his schtick.

Well, in all fairness, how many stories had ESPN put together on the SEC defensive player of the year prior to finding out he was the gay SEC defensive player of the year?

I don't think you have to be a homophobe to consider the fact that ESPN certainly has used the guys sexual preference to crank out some page hits.

Elkington is certainly outspoken which makes him an easy target for criticism any time he opens his mouth with comments he knows will rile up the internet. It's his schtick.

I agree ESPN is using his sexual orientation to promote their own agenda, but Elkington clearly made a derogatory statement about gays when he tossed out the hand bag comment. Trying to turn this around on ESPN is him trying to place the blame on others.

I agree ESPN is using his sexual orientation to promote their own agenda, but Elkington clearly made a derogatory statement about gays when he tossed out the hand bag comment. Trying to turn this around on ESPN is him trying to place the blame on others.

No denying that one.

I did not read the series of tweets so I may have missed where he tried to deflect to ESPN after his original comment.

No denying that one.

I did not read the series of tweets so I may have missed where he tried to deflect to ESPN after his original comment.

He essentially said he has no problem with Michael Sam, he has a problem with ESPN saying he is gay and focusing on that.

Back