Your Top 3 - Play Before You Die

I have played in NZ, but that was before I stopped playing for 6-7 years, now when I life for golf I would appreciate it more. My sister lives there so a trip there is bound to happen.

Jealous! Can't wait to hear about it when you do get back there. A trip to New Zealand is definitely on my bucket list.

Old Course

Pacific Dunes

Kapalua

My top three...

1. Whistling Straits
2. St. Andrews
3. Congressional

My top three...

1. Whistling Straits
2. St. Andrews
3. Congressional

Crap forgot about Congressional.... Love how that place looks like on TV.

Nice Layout with some great views.

1. St Andrews
2. Augusta
3. Pinehurst No. 2

Augusta

The Hideaway

Pebble Beach

Pebble Beach
Spyglass
St. Andrews

Whistling Straits hands down. It will happen sooner or later.

St. Andrews Old Course
Pebble Beach
Kiawah Island Ocean Course

The Old Course - possibly
Bandon Dunes (the whole resort) - fairly likely
Barnbougle (The whole resort) - fairly unlikely

Honorable Mention:
Cape Kidnappers - fairly unlikely
Kauri Cliffs - fairly unlikely
Lahinch - possibly

Crap, I totally missed the caveat about "must be public", but in my defense, most others did too with all the mentions of Augusta and Congressional and Cypress.

My experience on the premier "publics" that are not resort courses has been pretty rough as many of them have been in awful shape when I visited not close to the tournaments that are regularly held on them. (I'm pointing at you Pebble, Spyglass and Torrey Pines!). They felt like supermodels in sweatpants. So I'd go more for the resorts which would hopefully be maintained better all the time.

Bandon
Pinehurst
and Greenbrier for all those crazy holes that are nods to old designs.

Pebble beach, Augusta and Sawgrass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't have to travel to far for the first two.

1. Congressional
2. Merion (my old roommate's high school does a fund raising tournament here every year. It's a scramble, but I think I could just swallow my pride and finish last in the scramble to play my own ball.)
3. The Ocean Course

I'll get to the left coast sometime, and that's a different list. I was fortunate enough to play The Old Course, Kingsbarns & Ballybunion last September. I'm trying to find a way to get back to St Andrews. Soon.

Pebble Beach
St. Andrews
Oak Hill (yes, I know it's private, but I probably have a better shot to get out there than other places)

St. Andrews

TPC Sawgrass

Abu Dhabi Golf Club

Whenever I look at Abu Dhabi I'm just amazed at how the course is and the city looks in the back drop

Cog Hill Dubsdread ( old western open course)
Augusta national
Bethpage black

Sent from my Note 3

Augusta

Pebble Beach

St. Andrews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seminole
Pine Valley
tie: Spanish Bay, Brookline

Augusta
Shinnecock
Pine Valley

Pebble, Whistling, & #2 are places are also places i want to play BUT you can pay to play, my 3 are Privates that are tough to get on

Back