How good are you in your group?

The guys I play with suck. I'm easily the best one and I'm not that good.

I need some new friends...

On Tuesday nights, I am the 4th best golfer in the league. On Thursday nights I am the 3rd best golfer in the league. At any THP Event, I am the 574th best golfer at the event.

I'm usually the worst.

I'm working to change that though!

All through college, and in my first years of work, I was always the best golfer in the group. I always shot anywhere from 77-81. No matter where I played. Now, most times I'm golfing with guys who are scratch, so I'm at the back of the bus now... I don't care for the view!

It varies for me depending the group I play with. THPers I'm one of the worse, outside of that I'm usually one of the better, but not the best. Working on it though!

I'm towards the back of the pack if not the highest score, but I'm ok with that. Playing with lower HCP THPers regularly has helped my game a lot, IMO

I'm often an "A" player in skins groups but sometimes I'm a B. I often play with a couple of guys, one better than me and the other a 12 or so. In weekend skins game(s), we have anywhere from a +2 to a 30 handicap in groupf of 30 to 40 guys.

Of the 'usual' few friends that I play with, I am probably the best of the group, but the scores can usually be pretty close and I suspect one person in particular will see his handicap drop this year if we get to play enough

In my normal foursome, I'm usually the best in my group. I do have a buddy that plays every few months that was a Div. II Hall of Famer for golf. So I'm definitely not the best when he tees it up with us.

In my Saturday group (8 players), I am pretty much in the middle. There are 2 guys who are undeniably "A" players, myself and a couple other guys are solid "B" players, and 3 of them are "C" players. On Sundays (12-16 people) I am probably in the top 3 or 4. Many of the guys are old, so sometimes I am a team captain for my drives.

The coolest thing about playing alone a lot is that you are the best, the straightest, and the longest.

#NumberOneofOne

I have three main guys I play with, my brother and two real good friends. My one friend and I are both pretty even, low 80's on most days with a few mid to high 70's sprinkled in, not bad for only playing 4 summers.

My brother and other buddy couldn't break 90 to save their life. My brother takes it too seriously and takes some of the fun out of it, he had a bad temper. But he is my brother. My other buddy stinks but he really enjoys being out there, so it is always fun regardless. Just nice being out there shooting stick.

I play with a wide range of skill levels/handicaps, but I would say I am in the top third of the group. There's about 6 guys that regularly shoot in the 80's and one guy who would be scratch if he played more, then there's me and a handful of other guys who shoot in the low to mid 90's and then the rest. Everyone has fun and no one ever judges anyone during a round--which is all that matters.

I am usually one of the better ones in my group. My strictly golfing group is rather small, but most of them are between 10-20+.

In my group ( generally about 8-10 of us ) I am 3rd, maybe 4th, HC wise at 13. We only have 1 single digit guy, although we have one guy who plays a little with us here and there, and if he played more, he would definitely be a single digit.

I am better than all my regular golfing buddies. Most of the people I play with carry between an index between 9-16. I occasionally play with a group +1 - 3.5 index players, but only a few rounds each year. I do tend to focus and score better when I am with other low index players, but I enjoy playing with my regular group much more - many of the scratch players don't have much fun on the course unless they are playing to their index. I played from age 15 to 25 with only scratch or better players and honestly don't miss those days of serious competitive golf. Golf is way more fun when you realize it's not important what you score.

It really depends, I can't say I play more often with people better, the same, or worse than me. Generally I haven't played with a lot of players WAY better than me, though - would like more of that, cause I love watching a really good player's approach to the course. Good learning experience.

My best Friend is a +2 and my group of 15-20 I typically play with are anywhere from a +2 to around a 10. We have some really fun matches

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

The coolest thing about playing alone a lot is that you are the best, the straightest, and the longest.

#NumberOneofOne

You're also the shortest, least accurate and worst of the bunch, so...

I was thinking about this the last time I was out, I've found myself out with the same group the last 5 or 6 occasions, they're all seniors with handicaps from 16 to 27.

I generally score the highest but what makes me laugh is that I hit more good shots than the others but I also hit way more bad shots, hence the scoring!
These guys are not setting the course alight but are so consistent, they score relatively well.

My time will come.... :D

There are 3 of us that play together pretty regularly. One guys is prob a 3 capper and me and the other guy are pretty even around 7. The 4th spot seems to have a different person every week and can range from one of our buddies that's around a 7 or one of the many closer to 15.

Back