Obsessive compulsive

Borss

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone else wash there clubs after every round. Do I need professional help?

I am OCD but not for that. I wish I was (I used to be!).

Not at all, I clean my clubs after every round and do my best to wipe them clean after watch shot.

I'm pretty meticulous about wiping them down after each shot with a towel; therefore, I don't have to wash them as much. Maybe once or twice a month.

Hi, my name is Nick, and my OCD requires me to thoroughly clean my clubs after most rounds... I also shy away from even numbered irons, always place the clubs in numerical order in my bag, no matter what, and will never start a round with a used ball...

WHEW! Acceptance is the first step to recovery, right?

I usually clean mine every 2 or three rounds. I am a little compulsive with other stuff in my daily life but thankfully that hasnt translated to much to my golf game. It would distract me more than I already am I think. If anything I like to keep dirt off the top of my shoes.

You're preaching to the choir buddy. I have a damp towel on my bag that I wipe the clubs down with after every shot. And then when I get home I'll clean them after every round or practice session. It's kind of ridiculous to be honest, but there is a reason why most of my stuff looks pretty damn close to new.

I used to be much more OCD. A little less nowadays. I clean them every few rounds with, but right away after wet conditions.

I wipe down my clubs after every shot. I have no need to wash after round.

Yes after EVERY round I do it at night after the family is asleep I kind of review the round in my head as I clean them .

I try and keep them clean on the course in between shots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I polish them at the end of every round with Mothers metal polish and a lint free cloth and I wipe my bag down with leather cleaner.

I am OCD through. You should see how I clean my bass boat every time I pull out of the water (and I'm on the lake 100 days a year probably).

Luckily my CDO (ODC in the correct alphabetical order) only effects my golf game in what goes in my pockets, and where my tees go (tucked in my hat brim).

Elsewhere is different.

I clean my clubs after every round, too. Sometimes after range sessions but not always.

I clean mine after every round and range session. Even if I do not hit the club, like Driver on the range. The ranges I go top out at 250 and I can carry my 3 wood half way up the net on the fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're preaching to the choir buddy. I have a damp towel on my bag that I wipe the clubs down with after every shot. And then when I get home I'll clean them after every round or practice session. It's kind of ridiculous to be honest, but there is a reason why most of my stuff looks pretty damn close to new.

This is me exactly.....glad I am not alone

Always have done this with all my clubs ever since I started golfing. Coming from detailing high end cars for the past 10 years it's second nature. Also scrub my golf shoes after every round, it not only helps when/if I sell my equipment also in regards to my shoes helps me remove the cleats easier.

I clean my clubs after every round as well. They need to be clean to do the job. I keep my clubs looking new.

I think I need to be more compulsive with keeping my clubs cleaned after every round.

I usually clean my clubs after each shot. I think I read it above from someone else but I'm very OCD and my clubs have to be clean.

Does anyone else wash there clubs after every round. Do I need professional help?

Hell, I clean them for every round and will occasionally wax them to clean up the chrome. I'm as OCD as the best of them about my clubs lol.

I wipe mine down pretty well after each shot, and clean after every 5 rounds or so

I clean them after every shot, but I don't think I ever just sit down and wash them. If they're always clean, why would I need to wash them?

I keep them clean on the course between shots but I still wash them after every round. The ground here is just so soft and wet for most of the year and clubs get real dirty.

Back