Favorite golf quote or saying

Mine is from an old man I played with last year. Upon watching the 3rd player in our group curse and slam his club to the ground after hitting a poor shot he walks over to the guy, who was about 22-25, and said, "Son, you're not good enough to get that mad about a golf shot."

My other favorite comes from Tiger Woods, "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a game for black men. Golf is a game for white men dressed like black pimps."

Did the putter get cought in your skirt?
Alot of the others hve been said

"my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair!"

- Tin Cup

This is the feeling I have when nothing I hit seems to go right.

"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

For those sky high ballooning tee shots off the top edge of the face ... "that one's like an elephants butt ...

... high and stinky"

Some great quotes. This isn't specific to golf, but definitely applies.

Happiness is a jouney, not a destination.

Keep that in mind on the course!

If your opponent is playing several strokes in an effort to extricate himself from a bunker do not stand near him and audibly count his strokes. It would be justifiable homicide if he wound up his pitiable exhibition by applying his niblick to your head. Harry Vardon

If you think its hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. Jack Lemmon

It's good sportsmanship not to pick up lost balls while they are still rolling. Mark Twain.

Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five.

Never Up, Never In

That green was so quick, I used my putter's Shadow to get the ball rolling.....Sam Snead.......200th Post

Ty, you should play with Dr. Beeper and me.
Dr. Beeper has been Club Champ for the last 3 years and I'm no Slouch myself.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you are a tremendous slouch!

When leaving a putt short or hitting it long..."Not enough biscuits for breakfast" or "Too many biscuits for breakfast"

Came from going on golf trips with my dad and his buddies when I was in high school.

My mother-in-law, who knows nothing about golf, gave me this hatrack years ago for Christmas. It hangs on the wall behind me, and always will. What you unfortunately can't see is the actual hooks, which are Calamity Jane type putterheads.

Last edited:
"Gunga Lagunga" - Bill Murray Caddyshack

Finally figured out my upload difficulty - gotta love the net!

"I don't think it's healthy to take yourself too seriously!"

Payne Stewart

Back