The course I was a member of last summer kept a big container of repair tools at the register and handed them out to people as they checked in and paid their fees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did they show them how to use them?If not they were giving them a tool to kill the greens.

I think some un-repaired ball marks are the product of ignorance (they don't see them or they don't know that they are supposed to be repaired), while most are the product of the same self-absorption that causes people to text while they are driving, to leave the weights on the barbell at the gym, and other such nonsense. Many people seem to care only about themselves.

Poorly repaired marks are a different issue. I think in many cases this is a matter of the person not knowing how to do the repair properly. I'm sure, however, that a lot of poorly repaired marks are also the product of a lack of concern for everyone else.

The thing that bugs me besides un-repaired ball marks are when the green is littered with the little chunks of turf that are created when the ball strikes the green. How hard is it when you fix your mark to take this small chunk of turf and toss if off the green? Jeez.

It is just part of golf. I've been playing for 35+ years and I've been fixing the ball marks of other for just as long. Once I mark my ball, I fix mine and others while the person away gets ready to putt. No big deal to me. If everyone fixed two or three every hole, there would never be any except your own, but people in general are lazy when it comes to leaving the course in perfect condition for the person behind them. I smoke as well, but I've never dropped a butt on the course, but I've picked up thousands of others......

I smoke too and always field strip my butts and the filter goes in my pocket. As for ball marks I agree that most of the marks I see made are by better players that can go for the pin. Me, I'm lucky if I can roll one up on the green.
It is just part of golf. I've been playing for 35+ years and I've been fixing the ball marks of other for just as long. Once I mark my ball, I fix mine and others while the person away gets ready to putt. No big deal to me. If everyone fixed two or three every hole, there would never be any except your own, but people in general are lazy when it comes to leaving the course in perfect condition for the person behind them. I smoke as well, but I've never dropped a butt on the course, but I've picked up thousands of others......

I'm excited when I have to fix ball marks, it means I'm hitting the greens that day!

Yup, hate seeing greens not repaired; it's really bad after outings at our course. That being said, I'll spend an extra minute on the green after I've putted out to whip out the green saver and fix the marks left by others. Leave it better than you found it.

Drives me absolutely bananas. Just no respect

Drives me absolutely bananas. Just no respect

I agree. As one that works at my course from time to time, which can mean mowing greens, all the ball marks need fixed first, and some mornings there can be a bunch of them. Just lazy and lack of respect for the course and others.

Happens all the time at my course. It's astounding how few people don't take that extra 10 seconds. Through the course of a 9 hole round, I probably fix 20 or more ball marks.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

make one ball mark and fix 3. that is what I try to do. I grew up working on a golf course and you would be surprised at how many "repaired" ball marks I had to fix. some people do not know how to fix them. wish they would take time to learn

No, I don't get frustrated over unrepaired ball marks. I get pissed !
Then I fix as many as I can without holding up my group. I usually get 4 or 5 marks fixed.
My Greensaver makes quick work of them.

I fix mine and all the rest I see as long as it's not holding up play.........

For those who don't know how to fix a ball mark.

[video=youtube;f-ZzT8yMnmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ZzT8yMnmg[/video]

Its extremely annoying and even more silly to me that people sometimes dont even know how to repair a ball mark. Basic stuff guys.

Back