Adams 2014 Pro Hybrid Review Thread

You had a few mishits with this, but the ball still went pretty far, but your shot on 18 with this thing was a thing of beauty. If that didn't leave you excited about this club, then you're crazy because watching you hit it that well got ME excited about this club.

You're right I was happy with that hit as I love hybrids, but I need to get some lessons set up to really give this club a go.

Not silly. I do too. I have a weird thing with headcovers.
I do too, which is why I have a rapidly growing collection of them that I rotate regularly. That one though, I think I'd actually leave ON the club.
This 20* is longer than my 17* without question.

Actually caused a problem yesterday as I had pulled my other 3 hybrid (200 club) and didn't realize until on course that I now had a gap from 190 to around 220. Oops. Hahaha
I have this same gap currently. And thinking of adding a 4h to cover it. I'm almost in your boat....two hybrids and NO fairways.

I do too, which is why I have a rapidly growing collection of them that I rotate regularly. That one though, I think I'd actually leave ON the club.

I have this same gap currently. And thinking of adding a 4h to cover it. I'm almost in your boat....two hybrids and NO fairways.

Hey whatever works- and for the majority who have hit this thing- it does.

Thanks for the honesty capt. Not every club will work for everyone. The great thing about Adams is that they have numerous head sizes and styles to fit every golfer- especially in the hybo department.

I would love to try the mini with the whiteboard in it. That is the same setup as my Super 9031's.

That club is so much fun. It has gone immediately into my bag and will be staying there.

The sound/feel is addicting and the sucker is long. My #ownthesecondshot on the 18th was one of the longest hybrids I have ever hit in my life. Yes, it ended up in the greenside bunker, but it was also a long ways. I won't talk numbers since the internet golfer police have been out lately, but my group and people who were on the green watching can verify. :alien:

I'll talk numbers and length. We had 295 into 18 from the right side of the hole up above the fairway bunkers. I took dead aim at the second of the four traps that lead up to the green. I carried the first and land just your right of the second. I was left with a 40yd flip to the pin.

The club is long and that's a fact. Long for a 20* hybrid and that I can speak on.

I would love to try the mini with the whiteboard in it. That is the same setup as my Super 9031's.

I'd love to read your thoughts if you do. That way you could factor out variables such as shaft fit.

The first full swing I took with it on the course I stuck it to about 5 feet on #8 from 210 out into a headwind. It felt fantastic coming off the clubface. It had a nice high flight (not ballooning though), landed and only rolled out about 5 feet. The swings I put on it later in the round were poor though as I was pretty well worn out by the end of the round because of all the swings on the range trying out different Adams gear, so I really couldn't tell much from them. I'll have to hit it some more to see if I can make the shaft work, but I think I'm going to need a step up in flex. I don't recall if it was covered in our session at their facility, but I can't find anything on the Aldila Tour Red, only Blue and Green. I'm guessing that compared to the other two the Red is the highest launching of the three. But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

I'll talk numbers and length. We had 295 into 18 from the right side of the hole up above the fairway bunkers. I took dead aim at the second of the four traps that lead up to the green. I carried the first and land just your right of the second. I was left with a 40yd flip to the pin.

The club is long and that's a fact. Long for a 20* hybrid and that I can speak on.

Wait a minute - no way you hit a 20 hybo 255. Oh wait. I saw you hit a 4 wood 265 to with in a foot and a half. #numbersaddup :act-up: #igotyourback

some nice early thoughts. Sounds like this is one to be considered. Won't lie, the PRO part of the name kind of scared me off a bit, but sounds like perhaps it shouldn't

Wait a minute - no way you hit a 20 hybo 255. Oh wait. I saw you hit a 4 wood 265 to with in a foot and a half. #numbersaddup :act-up: #igotyourback
This is exactly what I was talking about. With insane distances out of these hybos, what's the point of carrying a fairway?

Just so people can relate. The ball bounded forward at least 15-20 yards.

That club is so much fun. It has gone immediately into my bag and will be staying there.

The sound/feel is addicting and the sucker is long. My #ownthesecondshot on the 18th was one of the longest hybrids I have ever hit in my life. Yes, it ended up in the greenside bunker, but it was also a long ways. I won't talk numbers since the internet golfer police have been out lately, but my group and people who were on the green watching can verify. :alien:

You hit that thing a long ways buddy. That was easily one of your best shots of the day, even though the bunker "got" in your way. I can attest to the distance that you hit this hybrid.

some nice early thoughts. Sounds like this is one to be considered. Won't lie, the PRO part of the name kind of scared me off a bit, but sounds like perhaps it shouldn't

It should in no way scare you from trying it out.

I must hit this thing. It is almost exactly the look I go for in my hybrids (muted colors and a smaller head) and it sounds like a BEAST. Plus with myself being a huge Mashie fan and Johnny mojo favorably comparing it to those...yeah, you've got my attention BIG TIME.

This is exactly what I was talking about. With insane distances out of these hybos, what's the point of carrying a fairway?

I want to get my hands on the 16* model but I don't need to. 230 is honestly all I want after driver and that's from either tee or deck.

My bag makeup will now be driver, 20* hybo, 21* hybo, then 4 hybrid, etc.

I'm going to hold off on offering my opinion in this club until I get some typical reps in with it. Maybe after my round on Tuesday. Tough to tell after very few swings.

I saw length but that holds true for everything now days. I want to offer more so stay tuned

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. After demoing a bunch of hybrids I thought I was ready to go with the SLDR but reading this thread I may need to hold off. I know you were testing the SLDR and really enjoyed it, be curious to see how the two compare for you.

I can't wait to put this thing through some additional testing. Had some great range time with it--but on a relaxed range I always get into a zone--so can't really count that. Off the tee on one hole it was solid for me--with the shamble format there was a better ball out there though. I did manage to land one close for the Eagle during the event, and when I think back it was because it was a choked down easy swing where I would have normally used another shorter club--Now I know in hindsight for the rest of the shots with it I really was trying to hard to go at it with this club and not letting the club do the work (blocked a few with too much right side over swing). I also got a great swing tip from Freddie this week that should help with my blocking on the longer clubs--can't wait to take it to the course and work on it.

What are the thought on Aldila Tour Red shaft if anybody got that shaft

A lot of us did, I think the vast majority.

I got a penetrating mid flight out of it myself, it felt good on full swings IMO. Looking forward to some more time with it for sure.

I took my gamer 20* out of the bag Friday night so no side by side comparisons but the Aldila regular flex feels a little beefier to me than the Project X regular in my XHot Pro, which isn't exactly a bad thing to me.
Also the Adams Pro Hybrid seemed to set a little more neutral at address to me which I liked. Some range time this weekend and give some further thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a penetrating mid flight out of it myself, it felt good on full swings IMO. Looking forward to some more time with it for sure.

Agreed 100%. Not low and far from ballooning, just what I want to see in this spot.

I am wondering because i think i am going to reshaft my 20* LSP which looks like the same hybrid I like the 85 TX tour green in my 23* but if i can get a more penetrating flight that would be good

I am wondering because i think i am going to reshaft my 20* LSP which looks like the same hybrid I like the 85 TX tour green in my 24* but if i can get a more penetrating flight that would be good

I haven't hit the green yet so I'm no help there, but the Red was impressive in the wind yesterday for what I saw.

IF these reviews do make you want to go hit one I do not know what will.

I haven't hit the green yet so I'm no help there, but the Red was impressive in the wind yesterday for what I saw.
The Green seem to be a mid launch i hit the 23* very high but i am looking for a lower flight on the 20* to keep it out of the wind

Back