The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I sometimes shy away from telling people my age just because of the perception and actions of many in my generation. While hard workers with good values still exist in my generation it seems that they are outnumbered by the entitled. I am hoping this all sorts itself out as the ones that need to struggle do and makes them a better person because of it.

Nothing is easy but no generation had/has it easy and if anything us younger folks have it easier in many ways due to the technology that was developed by previous generations to make life easier. We may face different challenges and some of the same as previous generations but you build character by facing those challenges head on instead of waiting for someone to take care of the issue for you.

Had a guy working on my team not long ago and I asked him to stay late one night and finish a project. He looked at me and said, "What's in it for me."

I've got more.......

Had a guy working on my team not long ago and I asked him to stay late one night and finish a project. He looked at me and said, "What's in it for me."

I've got more.......

I wouldn't do that to you.. Fire him hire me. Boom

Based on my experience this argument has little to do with generation and much more to do with character.

Funny thing is we pay our consultants time and a half for OT.

#Sad

Ha! I get paid nothing for overtime. I put in 50+ hours a week and it's paid the same. Just know there is stuff that needs to get done and I don't like the feeling of leaving things unfinished

At the hospital. My buddy punched a wall. The wall won. Love does indeed hurt. Shout out Nazereth and Junior High Spring Formals in the late 70's.

Funny thing is we pay our consultants time and a half for OT.

#Sad

The Jack Welch method would not fly with the lazy. Every year fire the bottom 10 percent and replace.

The Jack Welch method would not fly with the lazy. Every year fire the bottom 10 percent and replace.

Seen it first hand, you could almost set your watch to it, it happened so cycically

At the hospital. My buddy punched a wall. The wall won. Love does indeed hurt. Shout out Nazereth and Junior High Spring Formals in the late 70's.

I fought a wall once, my senior year of high school. That wall won too. I still have the bent metacarpal to show for it.

Since then, I only fight things like Jello and mashed potatoes.

Ever read his book "Winning"? I guess it doesn't fully apply since you don't work for a corporation, but it has some good stuff.

Oh how I wish they would do that at my workplace. The lazy here seem to be emboldened by the lack of action towards them and get even worse as time goes on. It is a big problem for the half of us who do this job and care about doing it well.

I personally can't stand coming to work and doing absolutely nothing. It makes the day go by too slowly for me, but some people seem to be perfectly content with collecting a paycheck without providing much in return.

Ever read his book "Winning"? I guess it doesn't fully apply since you don't work for a corporation, but it has some good stuff.

I absolutely have.

Been up most of the night...now I'm starting to get tired.. :/

The Official Rant of the Day

Start of my golf season might be delayed a bit. Cutting up firewood this morning, the chainsaw slipped and caught my foot. Waiting now to see if surgery is needed.

In the 20 years I've been using a chainsaw I've never even come close to doing something this stupid.

Ouch! Hope you don't need surgery!

Damn. Ouch.

Oh man! Hope it's not serious!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It's finally March and the forecast has NO sign of getting higher than 25 degrees. According to Weather.com Rochester averages 40 degrees in March, well for atleast the next 10 days it will be HALF that. Awesome....

Start of my golf season might be delayed a bit. Cutting up firewood this morning, the chainsaw slipped and caught my foot. Waiting now to see if surgery is needed.

In the 20 years I've been using a chainsaw I've never even come close to doing something this stupid.

Wow sorry to hear, get better soon so our WNY group can all get out and play!

Rob - sorry to hear, I hope surgery isn't required and you heal quickly!

Dear Automotive Shop,

Thanks for scolding me for not knowing the VIN number of my vehicle (so you could look to see if you had a part in stock). Never mind that I have brought my car here several times to be worked on ... you would think at some point along the way, you would have this information stored in your system. Guess what, there are a lot of automotive shops in town.

Its not even noon on Tuesday and I want this work week over. NOW.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back