Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

• Above my feet

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Below my feet

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
I think this is a great question.

For me it's above my feet, I always seen to catch it fat. And it goes left upon left!!!

seeing the amount of comments ... it looks to be real close to equal. IMHO, for a right handed player, the ball below the feet would be more difficult. 90% of most righties misses are to the right anyway, so this just acerbates the problem even more. If your tendency is to have a little fade with a flat lie, then a ball above your feet should move fairly straight or with a slight draw just because of your tendency and natural motion. That's one of the tips of the Pro's anyway .... if you slice the ball a lot, then go to a grass range somewhere where you can put the ball above your feet. It will train you to swing more around and attack it from the inside instead of of an in/out pattern that so many of us suffer from and gives us the big banana ball.

NOT A SERMON .... JUST A THOUGHT

Below for me is hardest. Above my feet gets that ole baseball swing going again

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

In general I'd say below is a lot hard for me. When it is above I find choking down on the club is easier than changing posture to try and get good contact on a ball below.

For me not even close......below

Hitting a shot below my feet is terrible for me, I either shank it or blade the heck out of it. I know how to hit it lol, I just can't seem to do it on the course.

I'm a taller guy, so I struggle with a ball below my feet. I usually just top it and pound it into the ground.

Below for me. I can never seem to stay down enough and hit it thin.

Above I've had great success with - likely helps that I have such a flat swing.

I agree with Cookie. Below for me has always been the tougher of the two.

I'm terrible playing a ball above my feet and usually hit it fat. I catch them thin below my feet from time to time but the outcome is typically better.

Above is harder

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I DETEST the shot below my feet lol. I was a long time baseball player, and I venture to guess that most if not all former baseball players would much prefer the shot above their feet...

Both take a little strategy to hit correctly, but for me, hitting the ball below my feet is a little harder. It's easier for me to choke down on my club and take a fairly normal stance than to get lower, and stay lower in order to hit the ball that's below my feet.

Ball below my feet is by far more difficult for me. I can never stay down on the ball and it always seems to go more right than I predict. Ball above my feet almost never seems to go left and simply choking up is needed.

For me it's always below my feet. I think the reason for that problem is I always top the ball so if its any lower that was it normally is the result's are not going to be good. But above feet I have no issues besides maybe if the ball hooks or something.

Wish I'd made this a poll, but just guessing it looks like 60% have a harder time with the ball below their feet compared to about 40% who struggle with the ball above their feet.

In the end though, it looks like we'd all be screwed equally if we had to play on a true links style course where even lies are hard to come by.

Below my feet for sure. It's the shot I dread the most in fact. I just always catch it thin or push it way right

The ball above my feet is a little harder for me. I tend to over correct on those and leave the ball a little right of the target.

Above for me. No matter how much I choke up or "stand tall" I usually either hit fat or pull it even if I feel I'm aiming way right to compensate. If it's below I can just kind of lean in to it and I usually make solid contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I'd made this a poll, but just guessing it looks like 60% have a harder time with the ball below their feet compared to about 40% who struggle with the ball above their feet.

In the end though, it looks like we'd all be screwed equally if we had to play on a true links style course where even lies are hard to come by.

Let me see if I can make this happen.

For me it is definitely below. Ends up flying way right into worse trouble. My problem is staying down on it.

Hmmm practice session in order???

Definitely below for me.

Below by far to me. Trying to stay down seems hard for me and end up topping the ball. Above I just choke down and seem to have no problem.

Poll is up.

I don't hit the ball below the feet as good as I do the above the feet ball. I guess below for me

I don't really have a great deal of trouble with either one, but if I had to choose between the two, I would rather the ball be below my feet. If I hit it poorly when the ball is below my feet, it stops a little faster with it cutting as opposed to a draw that will run further.

Back