Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Make sure to check out the "Southern Iowa Gettogether for summ 2014" thread. We may be able to carpool?

That would be a blast! I'm thinking I may have already maxed-out my golf playing/event budget, but maybe not. (Though, there are signs of potential cost-cutting measures at work, so I'm starting to keep an eye on that, too.) If the timing/budget works-out, I could see it as a possibility.

hey guys, new to thp. my wife and i are moving to the wheaton area. any suggestions on some quality practice facilities? maybe grass teas for the summer and and indoor area for the winter?

Welcome to THP! As others have said, you'll have a good number of decent options for both in-season and off-season golfing. I'm a little jealous, as we don't have as many options on the far north side.

Hello All- I'm fairly new to THP, but have been following this thread for a little while now. I would definitely be interested in getting together with some other guys to play if available for the weekends mentioned. ("Boss" willing...) So far, I would agree with what most have said. Blackstone is one of the best courses in Northern Illinois--just need the Golfnow value. Marengo Ridge is the value pick. The Highlands in Elgin is fast becoming one of my favorite courses. Should definitely consider it for a weekend outing. A couple others that aren't too far out of the general vicinity that would fit the bill would include Foxford Hills in Cary or any of the courses in Geneva (Settler's Hill, Tanna Farms, Mill Creek).

I look forward to attempting to keep up here! Hopefully will get the opportunity to play with you all soon!

Welcome aboard, cadets! I'm glad to see a bigger THP contingent in the Chicago-area. There were a few rounds played, last season with THPers, in the area. Hopefully, we can pull some more this year, maybe even doing something in each "vicinity".

Will this winter ever end? 20 degrees below normal and snowing like it doesn't want to stop. Supposed to warm up next week though. Remember 2 years ago when it was in the 80 ' s for the first week of March?

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

I'm starting to wonder once we get out of 'winter' how long it will take for all the snow to melt so we can find those golf courses, and the time it will take for them to all dry out...

Seems like we get about three months of nice weather and nine bad ones.

Will this winter ever end? 20 degrees below normal and snowing like it doesn't want to stop. Supposed to warm up next week though. Remember 2 years ago when it was in the 80 ' s for the first week of March?

Seems like we get about three months of nice weather and nine bad ones.

It does feel like that sometimes. 2 of my buddies who are pros said that it's looking like their courses are going to open later because of the winter.

I'm already planning my mid winter golf trip for next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This winter is ridiculous....probably won't find a semi dry course till may 1st. Not that I won't be out there as soon as something opens up.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I am just hoping this precipitation doesn't keep up all spring. If we get a rainy spring after this winter....I'm considering a move to Texas!

Arizona is where I wanna go...

Arizona is where I wanna go...

That sounds nice too! I am already laying the groundwork at home for a boys trip to AZ next year in Feb or March, we did it last year and it does wonders to break up the winter!

That sounds nice too! I am already laying the groundwork at home for a boys trip to AZ next year in Feb or March, we did it last year and it does wonders to break up the winter!

World Woods in Florida is a great winter trip!!

World Woods in Florida is a great winter trip!!

On the radar!

I want to do the Pinehurst area too, so many really good courses! Good mix of value and big price tags too.

I am just hoping this precipitation doesn't keep up all spring. If we get a rainy spring after this winter....I'm considering a move to Texas!

I am actually planning on moving there in 2016. My wife and I will both be out of school by then.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully one of the places with a range is open so we can all try and warm up before. We figure not to get our hopes up that anything will be open or ready for play yet, but are going to play it by year and just call around the Friday before.

With the way this miserable winter has been, we'll be lucky to be on the course by mid April!

I am actually planning on moving there in 2016. My wife and I will both be out of school by then.

I would like to move out of Illinois, my family and my wife's family all live here. (Rockford) If we didn't get along so well with everyone we get out of this state!
My brother is looking into relocating to Tx, he works in energy production.

Do any of you guys do a regular winter golf trip? My brother-in-law and I are in the beginning stages of planning a trip next year in January or February. This winter has all but solidified that I need to get out for a 4-5 day stretch. Any suggestions or teaching points?

Do any of you guys do a regular winter golf trip? My brother-in-law and I are in the beginning stages of planning a trip next year in January or February. This winter has all but solidified that I need to get out for a 4-5 day stretch. Any suggestions or teaching points?

Man, I'd find the cheapest plane ticket to Florida that you can. Orlando could be the way to go, but there are other great options in Tampa and further south on the west coast.

The boys played the rtj trail for cheap

We've been doing World Woods for a couple years....Great place and u can work deals with 8 or more guys. We usually go Thursday...play 36 Fri, Sat Sun (usually throw in another course besides the 36 @ world woods) and head home Sunday night.

We've been doing World Woods for a couple years....Great place and u can work deals with 8 or more guys. We usually go Thursday...play 36 Fri, Sat Sun (usually throw in another course besides the 36 @ world woods) and head home Sunday night.

looks fairly inexpensive too

looks fairly inexpensive too

Yeah usually not too bad. Two extremely different courses.... One on clay. One on sand. Ball sounds completely different when it hits the fairway.

I'm really wondering if my golf trip on May 2nd at grand geneva was a bad idea now

I'm really wondering if my golf trip on May 2nd at grand geneva was a bad idea now

Weather can turn real quick.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Back