2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

I hit the big gal today and she was sweet as advertised however I also hit the xhot2 fairway and it actually worked better for me. :bulgy-eyes: I must of hit balls for an hour as no one else was wanting the hitting bay. I tried the regular & stiff shafts with both the bertha and xhot2. I got more carry and roll out from the xhot2. My ball speed averaged between 125 - 130 with carry from 180 - 200 and roll out to 228 max. The guy in the store said the shaft in the xhot2 worked better for me so this could have been the difference. I like the looks of the big gal better and I wanted her so bad but the stats were hotter with her sister. Now I'm wondering if the Xhot2 driver would have been a better fit for me in the King :beat-up:.

FWIW OG the X2Hot driver and fairways are completely different animals, at least to this hacker. I liked the X2H fairways nearly as much as the BB fairway, but the driver doesn't even come close.

When I hit them at the Chicago golf show the Callaway guy told me the head on the two are basically identical. That you just get the adjustment with the BB. If true, maybe the X2Hot Aldila shaft is a better fit for you.

Thank you to everybody who was kind enough to answer my pm's. I pondered one of these long and hard but ended up going with the mizuno jpx 3 wood. It was just too shallow for me.

On the secondary COG, could anyone help me out with the difference between the S and N setting? Square vs neutral? Stated vs neutral? What would the difference be? I've done some googling and it really didn't help me out much.

On the secondary COG, could anyone help me out with the difference between the S and N setting? Square vs neutral? Stated vs neutral? What would the difference be? I've done some googling and it really didn't help me out much.

S stands for Standard loft (loft the driver came in)and N stands for neutral face angle.

S stands for Standard loft (loft the driver came in)and N stands for neutral face angle.

Some times the face angle is determined by the top cog, other times the bottom one, just depends on what loft you chose. So chose your loft first, then your face angle. It'll be much easier on your brain. Lol.

When I hit them at the Chicago golf show the Callaway guy told me the head on the two are basically identical. That you just get the adjustment with the BB. If true, maybe the X2Hot Aldila shaft is a better fit for you.

This is exactly what I saw while demoing them side by side. The Aldila shaft was a better fit for me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some times the face angle is determined by the top cog, other times the bottom one, just depends on what loft you chose. So chose your loft first, then your face angle. It'll be much easier on your brain. Lol.

I've got mine +2 but the S and N are on the same COG. I'm guessing that would mean the lie angle would be standard for the club (which could mean it's now draw biased vs fade) vs what just gives you a neutral address regardless of where it is?

My brain might also be overcomplicating it.

Is there a D on that cog too with the S and N?

You shouldn't be able to put the cogs together with S and +2 cause those are both loft adjustments. One has to be loft(-1 S +1 +2) and the other face angle (N or D)

The other cog should say N, D -1 +2, right?

You can't line up an S setting with the +1, +2. or -1 setting and install the head.

You can't line up an S setting with the +1, +2. or -1 setting. Its impossible.

Correcto mundo. It's ok Wardy, we'll get through this.

You shouldn't be able to put the cogs together with S and +2 cause those are both loft adjustments. One has to be loft(-1 S +1 +2) and the other face angle (N or D)

That makes sense I think? I can do a D/+1 if I look at it as attached with clubhead in hand. So now it's a draw setting at 16 degrees of loft? Or if I wanted it at 17, I could make it +2 and neutral face angle?

That makes sense I think? I can do a D/+1 if I look at it as attached with clubhead in hand. So now it's a draw setting at 16 degrees of loft? Or if I wanted it at 17, I could make it +2 and neutral face angle?

There is an N & D setting on both cogs, so you could do any type of loft setting with a neutral or draw bias. Sometimes the N or D will be on the top, sometimes on the bottom depending on what loft you chose.

Yep. You got it.

That makes sense. Not sure why they had to confuse me by not putting all the lofts on one and the face angles on another though. Don't they realize people are as dumb or dumber than I am? Haha

That makes sense. Not sure why they had to confuse me by not putting all the lofts on one and the face angles on another though. Don't they realize people are as dumb or dumber than I am? Haha

Hahaha. It's the S that throws a lot of people off IMO. It's like, "Why is there an S here , what is this S?!"

Hahaha. It's the S that throws a lot of people off IMO. It's like, "Why is there an S here , what is this S?!"

That's what kept throwing me off! Square? But then what's N stand for?! WHAT'S DIFFERENT BETWEEN SQUARE AND NEUTRAL!?

It was a rough few moments. I don't want to talk about it.

I appreciate the help though Brad and Fup! (not so much Fup. He took a captain shot. He's doing pushups later for his poor decision making)

Wardy, try -1 Neutral. You'll hit bombs all day.

What shaft do you have in that "Michael Ward reporting live from #8 at True Blue?"

Wardy, try -1 Neutral. You'll hit bombs all day.

It's a ponder. Right now I'm 4w curious, especially if I can still fly it in the mid 240's and get it to hold a green. It also seemed like a fun starting point. I really can't wait to take it out and just abuse some poor defenseless course with it.

What shaft do you have in that "Michael Ward reporting live from #8 at True Blue?"

Stock Fubuki Z in stiff. It'd be too much club for 8!

I hit the big gal today and she was sweet as advertised however I also hit the xhot2 fairway and it actually worked better for me. :bulgy-eyes: I must of hit balls for an hour as no one else was wanting the hitting bay. I tried the regular & stiff shafts with both the bertha and xhot2. I got more carry and roll out from the xhot2. My ball speed averaged between 125 - 130 with carry from 180 - 200 and roll out to 228 max. The guy in the store said the shaft in the xhot2 worked better for me so this could have been the difference. I like the looks of the big gal better and I wanted her so bad but the stats were hotter with her sister. Now I'm wondering if the Xhot2 driver would have been a better fit for me in the King :beat-up:.

Love your post, good info and funny too.:clapp:

I have been struggling with consistency with my BB and after reading about your experience, I tried the X2Hot today. I also found it to be longer than the BB for me and solid hits just feel better. Ended up returning the BB for the X2Hot 4 wood. Maybe it is a shaft thing. I think Bertha is a much sexier date, but the X2Hot is the one I took home.

Back