NHL 2013-2014 Season

I really hope they do something with this team, its really hard to sell the tickets for games against buffalo

hey, someone has to be the worst team in the league.
as long as they don't make a habit of it.
and if nothing else, it appears as if they're moving down the path not to...so i'm as happy as a fan can be at this point.

on a more serious note though, it's finally nice to see BUF do something around the trade deadline... or just do something at all!
i think there's still work to be done in the off-season, but it's good to see that Murray has the wheels in motion for a good, youthful, rebuilding process.
we've got tons of picks and prospects, a lot of young talented skaters/scorers, and 2 young skilled netminders.
a little bit of restructuring will need done on defense, and i think we'll be just fine.

I agree everything you said. Any bad team is just 2 or 3 players away from being good IMO. I just wish McDavid was in this draft.
I know I've said this earlier, but I really want to see them keep Stewart too.

I'm so pumped that the canadiens beat the best team in the league yesterday night! with the addition of Vanek tonight, and carey price coming back soon (hopefully), there is hope

Did you here more why the Habs bothered with Dubnyk? Price hurt worse than they've let on?

Did you here more why the Habs bothered with Dubnyk? Price hurt worse than they've let on?

It is hard to say, with Price skating a little but not playing, so far they sent Dubnyk to the AHL, I am not sure if he will stay there, or if he will come to montreal and Tokarski back down once they come back from that trip in the west.

I agree everything you said. Any bad team is just 2 or 3 players away from being good IMO. I just wish McDavid was in this draft.
I know I've said this earlier, but I really want to see them keep Stewart too.

Take someone like Ekblad or Reinhart, let them stay in jr. another year, then wait for 2015 draft. Similar to what the Pens did, though the Pens just so happened to win the draft for possibly the best play since #99.

Take someone like Ekblad or Reinhart, let them stay in jr. another year, then wait for 2015 draft. Similar to what the Pens did, though the Pens just so happened to win the draft for possibly the best play since #99.

They get Ekblad, and with Ristolainin and Zhadorov, there defense will be set for years.

Love getting Vanek for the Mighty Habs! One piece of the puzzle, and basically gave up nothing for him (Collberg and a conditional 2nd rd), now just to wow him, and hope he'll sign next year. lol, but NYIslanders on the other hand, after it was all said and done gave away Moulson and a 1st rounder for Collberg. haha

Not a good start to the "Eddie Lack" era in Vancouver.

Probably about as good as the "Gaborik-less CBJ" era hahaha! Yikes.

Wow, pretty much the same result :) Gaborik didn't do much his first game either at least.

Enroth was ridiculous but the Sabres lose Stewart and Girgensens in the win.

Its honestly to the point in Vancouver where the media around the team think the players are tanking to get the coach and/or GM fired.
I'm hoping the Canucks continue this downward spiral all the way to the first pick next year, but it will be tough to suck more than Calgary or Edmonton.

Its honestly to the point in Vancouver where the media around the team think the players are tanking to get the coach and/or GM fired.
I'm hoping the Canucks continue this downward spiral all the way to the first pick next year, but it will be tough to suck more than Calgary or Edmonton.

Calgary really blew at the deadline. They've definitely got their sights on McDavid.

Calgary really blew at the deadline. They've definitely got their sights on McDavid.

Calgary had no real assets to trade with. Cammy has a NTC so if he didn't want to go nothing much you can do about it. They did trade Berra who is a ufa with 1 regulation win this season for a second round pick. That's a pretty nice return. Stempnik for a 3rd was fair value.

Calgary had no real assets to trade with. Cammy has a NTC so if he didn't want to go nothing much you can do about it. They did trade Berra who is a ufa with 1 regulation win this season for a second round pick. That's a pretty nice return. Stempnik for a 3rd was fair value.

I was talking mostly about Cammy. Didn't realize he had a NTC. Media was saying they blew it by not unloading him.

One of the best hockey GIFs I've seen in a while:
muchobliged.gif

So, regarding St. Louis and the whole "I want out of Tampa" thing.

I wonder if they gave him the captain C to try and make him happier in Tampa. If you knew this whole trade scenario was afoot, why not just make Stamkos the captain in the first place when they traded Lecavalier?

So, regarding St. Louis and the whole "I want out of Tampa" thing.

I wonder if they gave him the captain C to try and make him happier in Tampa. If you knew this whole trade scenario was afoot, why not just make Stamkos the captain in the first place when they traded Lecavalier?

There didn't seem to be any bad feelings prior to the olympic snub. I don't think St. Louis or Yzerman handled this well. St. Louis should have never been alternate on the olympic team and St. Louis shouldn't have demanded a trade because of a beef with a GM.

I think the Lightning are a weak team, which bodes well for my Leafs.

Anyone catch Luongo making fun of the Canucks on twitter? Haha that was good stuff.

"#prayforEddie"

I was reading that the Ducks offered both their firsts, both their seconds and one of Sami Vatanen or Emerson Etem for Kesler. Gillis dropped the ball on that one. Trading within the conference is tough but compared to the other trades, that is a mighty haul! He was probably scared of screwing up with all those draft picks (provided he's still employed by then).

Wow, pretty much the same result :) Gaborik didn't do much his first game either at least.

Enroth was ridiculous but the Sabres lose Stewart and Girgensens in the win.

Gabbo had a lot of good looks yesterday. He's making Kopitar, that much better.

Gabbo had a lot of good looks yesterday. He's making Kopitar, that much better.

Thanks for the detail. Just saw he was held pointless and was -1. He should be good with Kopitar if he can stay healthy.

Well the Caps have seriously disappointed the last 2 games after a pretty solid start after the break. Not sure just Penner and Halak will be enough to make any difference in this team this season. Just frustrated at this point but hopefully they can turn it around tomorrow night vs. Phoenix.

Well the Caps have seriously disappointed the last 2 games after a pretty solid start after the break. Not sure just Penner and Halak will be enough to make any difference in this team this season. Just frustrated at this point but hopefully they can turn it around tomorrow night vs. Phoenix.

They will get it together, at least they aren't the Canucks.

They will get it together, at least they aren't the Canucks.

Yeah you are much more optimistic than I am haha oh well. We shall see tonight.

Does anyone one else get excited when goalies move. I love seeing the new masks and equipment set up's.

Back