Any advice is appreciated

It's been six days and I wanted to show off my progress. However as I watch the videos just before uploading them I can see how much work I still have to do, at least now I have some idea of what I'm doing wrong.

I'm still over swinging but not nearly as much.

I still could keep my left heel more grounded.

My head still drops during the backswing and just like before I have to stand up before impact.

My left arm still breaks down but much later than before.

I'm making progress though and I'm really happy about it, Thanks Freddie!

[video=youtube_share;uR-CnOiFtaA]http://youtu.be/uR-CnOiFtaA[/video]

Definitely a difference! Good job working on it!

Freddie had the same advice for you as he did for me, which was to stop the swing when my left shoulder hit my chin. I noticed that my head was unconsciously turning when my shoulder would get close, so I was still going too far on my backswing. One swing thought I tried was to only feel like my hands were going to waist high and that was it. In reality, they were going a lot higher BUT my shoulder was stopping at my chin and my backswing was a lot better.

Keep posting the vids, great job so far!

Thanks Panda!!

Thanks Panda!!

I shot one of the best rounds of my life yesterday at a course I've only been to once before, it's called Tuscany and it was very nice. I credit my performance to some great putting, my new ping Karsten irons, and most importantly Panda swing tips. I played at a longer more challenging course today called Legacy but did not do quite as well, still had a great time with good friends at an awesome course.

Here I am warming up at the range at Legacy today, swinging my favorite iron, the 8. To me this looks like a different golfer than the one that posted a video a month ago. I'm certainly more consistent, all my playing partners have noticed it. Thanks Freddie!

I know there is still work to do, in almost all the areas we talked about before but I'm getting there.

Swing looks better, you fixed the huge flaws we saw early on. Now we can fine tune the move. The take away is solid, very nice. As we get past the right hip we have a break down. The left arm is still over swinging and get way past parallel. I don't mid the left arm breaking a bit but you loose all left arm tension and this is affecting your release.

I want you to turn your chest over your right leg. You're still turning over your left. By getting the weight over to the right, you can have a proper transits ion back into the ball and maximize what power your swing has. It will also help with the over swing and break down of the left arm.

You can either hit the ball with a every day, around the house hammer with your current move. Or you can turn over you right leg and hit the ball with a sledge hammer. This is a work in progress and you are progressing very nicely. Keep it up and try the tips I gave you. Don't get discouraged with what you are about to see. Trust me when you get down it will produce solid results.

I definitely want the sledge hammer! And I trust you completely, all I have to do is look at my scorecard from the other day to know how trustworthy you are. I will not get discouraged with the short term struggles, I'm in this for the long haul.

Thanks again for your time. I can't wait to try the latest advice at the range today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friggin nickers. Well done.

Scares me that I want to go out and find that outfit. Nice progress. Scares me even more I typed the first sentence.

Snedekerr,

Freddie is right on here. You're not getting your weight shifted to your right side. In the front view of your most recent clips, at the top of your swing you have made a close to a "C" with your body.

Like Freddie mentioned, getting your weight to your right side is your next step in your swing. As you can see in the screen shots above, especially the darker top clip. I've drawn a line through the ball, see where your head is at? Next to you, top right is Ernie Els, then bottom right is Camilo Villegas. You can see both of them have their weight shifted to their right side and behind the ball at top. You'll also notice that neither of them are even at or past parallel in their swings.
Like Freddie has said before, once your shoulders stop turning, that's all you've got in torque in your coil.

I noticed one other thing, you might want to widen your feet just a little bit more, give yourself a stronger base. Feet should be shoulder width apart, or just a little wider. At least with the darker clip, they don't appear to be.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks Jay! I'm a visual learner so these images are really helpful, now I can see exactly what needs to change next. I'll widen the stance a bit per your recommendation. Thanks for your time!

Snedekerr,

Freddie is right on here. You're not getting your weight shifted to your right side. In the front view of your most recent clips, at the top of your swing you have made a close to a "C" with your body.

Like Freddie mentioned, getting your weight to your right side is your next step in your swing. As you can see in the screen shots above, especially the darker top clip. I've drawn a line through the ball, see where your head is at? Next to you, top right is Ernie Els, then bottom right is Camilo Villegas. You can see both of them have their weight shifted to their right side and behind the ball at top. You'll also notice that neither of them are even at or past parallel in their swings.
Like Freddie has said before, once your shoulders stop turning, that's all you've got in torque in your coil.

I noticed one other thing, you might want to widen your feet just a little bit more, give yourself a stronger base. Feet should be shoulder width apart, or just a little wider. At least with the darker clip, they don't appear to be.

Back