Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons

Thanks Kang. I'm completely lost when it comes to shafts and characteristics. Definitely something I need to up my knowledge on. I'm really excited to put this thing through it's paces.

I am right there with you.

My buddy Andy had his CBs on the course today. I took some cuts with his 6i vs xforged and TM MB. The CBs are so soft to me and launch the ball nice and high. Feel between the two as far as top line look. Similar turf interaction to the xforged. I'm going to enjoy having these in the bag come July.

So I finally got my first swings with the 6 iron yesterday. I had my guy bend it 1* strong for loft and 2* upright for lie angle to match my ACP's. These things are absolutely butter soft. Probably the softest irons I have ever swung. I pured a swings and they were all 175+ for carry distances which is about 5 yards further than I expect than my ACP. My ACP's are also 1/2 inch longer. That being said these CB's are definitely less forgiving than the ACP's. I had a few swings that I struck outside on the toe and it was a 10-15 yard loss. I'm going to have spend more time to get acclimated with it and get it up side by side next to the DPC, but if I had to decide RIGHT NOW I'd go combo for sure.

Spent a lot more time with the 6i at the dome today. The more I got comfortable with it the better it felt. I started hitting the ball in the center of the club face and the ball just absolutely jumps of the club face of this iron. Definitely more heel forgiveness than toe. I do enjoy the Project X 6.0 shaft. Very very easy to work the ball with these irons as well.

Picture of the impact tape. A tad high on the club face, but at least it's in the center!

ynedaju9.jpg

Nice dude!

Thanks bud! I can't wait to get outside and see the actual full ball flight of this bad boy.

How that 6i feel? I bet get beautiful flight. The dpc have good flight. Easy to get that 5i in the air

How that 6i feel? I bet get beautiful flight. The dpc have good flight. Easy to get that 5i in the air

Buttery soft. When you pure it the ball just JUMPS off the club face, but you don't feel a thing.

So I spend some more time on the sim with the CB 6 iron last night. dispersion was pretty damn tight till I started getting tired and over swinging.

The 6 iron is bent 1* strong for loft and 2* upright for lie to match my current set. It has the PX 6.0 flighted shaft. It is standard length which my current set is .5" long.

My question to the numbers guys is what's the ideal launch and spin numbers for a 6 iron?

My good strikes I was getting between 5500-6000 rpms with a 15.5-17.1 degree of launch. My carry distance was between 172-175 which is exactly what I was expect for a 6 iron. Are these numbers ideal for a 6 iron?

So I spend some more time on the sim with the CB 6 iron last night. dispersion was pretty damn tight till I started getting tired and over swinging.

The 6 iron is bent 1* strong for loft and 2* upright for lie to match my current set. It has the PX 6.0 flighted shaft. It is standard length which my current set is .5" long.

My question to the numbers guys is what's the ideal launch and spin numbers for a 6 iron?

My good strikes I was getting between 5500-6000 rpms with a 15.5-17.1 degree of launch. My carry distance was between 172-175 which is exactly what I was expect for a 6 iron. Are these numbers ideal for a 6 iron?

Tough to say Jimmy as there are tons of variables that go into determining if launch is ideal, but it sounds like you are getting the desired results (or at least, similar) when compared to your current gamers. When it comes to launch angle, Trackman averages say the tour pro launches their 6i at 14.1° and the average lower handicap amateur averages in the 11.2° range.

Link to those numbers: http://mytrackman.com/explore/trackman-data/trackman-ball-data/launch-angle

Did you happen to know what your attack angle was? That can tell a lot too.

Also, if you are comfortable with your distances and your dispersion (consistency), I wouldn't be worried a ton about trying to optimize the perfect numbers out of it. Sounds like you are doing well with them.

Tough to say Jimmy as there are tons of variables that go into determining if launch is ideal, but it sounds like you are getting the desired results (or at least, similar) when compared to your current gamers. When it comes to launch angle, Trackman averages say the tour pro launches their 6i at 14.1° and the average lower handicap amateur averages in the 11.2° range.

Link to those numbers: http://mytrackman.com/explore/trackman-data/trackman-ball-data/launch-angle

Did you happen to know what your attack angle was? That can tell a lot too.

Unfortunately I didn't get those numbers. What I'll do when I go back Friday is get a print out of 10 shots. And come back and post them. I do really like the feel of these. They're super soft, just absolutely no toe forgiveness at all.

Great to see your results. I haven't had the opportunity to go out and hit the CB's again. I am actually looking at possibly finding a cheap set, or a few individual clubs to go out and get used to.

When I did hit the CB's I felt that same buttery smooth feel.

Just ordered a testdrive package for some of these irons. 5 and 9 irons px 6.5 and dg x100. Will be interesting to compare numbers and feel I had with the dpcs

Just ordered a testdrive package for some of these irons. 5 and 9 irons px 6.5 and dg x100. Will be interesting to compare numbers and feel I had with the dpcs

I'll be tuned in to see what comes of it kc!!! Did you get PX or PXi?

Definitely interested to se how the DG 100's work for you. Were by far my favorite.

Definitely interested to se how the DG 100's work for you. Were by far my favorite.

X100s were money for me with the DPCs. Will be fun to compare

Holy moly, browsing the shaft options, they now offer the full range of recoils!!!

Holy moly, browsing the shaft options, they now offer the full range of recoils!!!

That's how Bridgestone rolls!!

It's always fun to watch Kuchar play as you get to catch glimpses of some kind of darker finish j40 CBs that just look ridiculously cool.

I wish we had some photos of them close up. I googled but all I found was some clubs that were in desperate need of cleaning haha!

It's always fun to watch Kuchar play as you get to catch glimpses of some kind of darker finish j40 CBs that just look ridiculously cool.

I wish we had some photos of them close up. I googled but all I found was some clubs that were in desperate need of cleaning haha!

Yeah I've always wondered what he has going on. Like a much lighter version of the black oxide on the wedges

He has black oxide finish of them. They look slick for sure I think I know a link for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've always wondered what he has going on. Like a much lighter version of the black oxide on the wedges

They are gross in this, but it gives a solid idea..

4-Matt-Kuchar_t620.jpg

Love them. What a look.

Those are pretty slick looking. Would be cool if they offered them as a stock option.

Back