Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

Cool video Army, nice sound. You got some serious waggle going on there :D

Glad to hear you like these. These were another group I was excited to see. I hope everyone at #TheKing with shiny new toys is generous in sharing :D

Cool video Army, nice sound. You got some serious waggle going on there :D

The waggle is new to me and it's something I'm trying to incorporate to help slow me down a little and relax the grip a touch. It's too bad you can't see the ballflight on that video for some reason. When I watch it on my phone I can see the ball fly into oblivion.
EDIT: If you watch it full screen on the highest quality you can pick up the ball flight. Also, the sound at half speed will give you goosebumps haha. I wish I knew how to turn that into the text/email alert sound for my phone.

You have a sound recorder on your phone? On my old android I think I was able to record a sound then set it as things like that. Play it on your computer and record the sound!

Both the golf sales guys/club makers at my local Dicks swear by the Bio Cell FWY.
they both said it was " the club of the year" as far as they were concerned.
in a different conversation with someone else who has hit all the new FWY's this year, he said he was buying his first cobra club, the biocell 3/4 because he loved it that much over the cally, TM, titleist, etc.

3 people claim it's the best thing since sliced bread.
intrigues me.. wish they had a LH one for me to hit :(

The Bio Cell fairways are the stars of my bag. These clubs have every element and when taking everything into account as a total package are unparalleled IMO. That said, I have yet to hit the BB fairways.

The Bio Cell fairways are the stars of my bag. These clubs have every element and when taking everything into account as a total package are unparalleled IMO. That said, I have yet to hit the BB fairways.

I'm the opposite, I've hit the BB fairways and not these yet - BB fairways are super super solid, but I'm still not sure if they outdo the venerable Mashie. Definitely need to hit the Bio Cells though - I didn't like the driver, but I've always been a fan of Cobra hybrids and fairways more than the drivers.

Jman - I did some quick searching and couldn't find an answer. Do the Bio Cell and Bio Cell + fws feel the same?

Jman - I did some quick searching and couldn't find an answer. Do the Bio Cell and Bio Cell + fws feel the same?

The + has a little "tink" to it but feels extremely hot off the face, the Regular for me had a more solid feel/sound to it.

The + has a little "tink" to it but feels extremely hot off the face, the Regular for me had a more solid feel/sound to it.

Thank you for answering that question for me. For me, I felt the space in the Bio Cell. It felt hot, but not solid. I don't think that is a bad thing. I just need to find a Bio Cell + to demo.

Thank you for answering that question for me. For me, I felt the space in the Bio Cell. It felt hot, but not solid. I don't think that is a bad thing. I just need to find a Bio Cell + to demo.

The + caught some attention this weekend, if I can take the range to the course it will be a weapon for me in July. Doug and the Panda had a fun time hitting it as well, its just so damn good looking.

JMAN, any comparison to the super ls 3 wood? I'm currently gaming that thing and it is just stupid long and easy to hit off the tee and deck. I love my driver so much I would really like to give one of these a go, but haven't had a chance to hit one yet. Any chance you can compare the two head to head based on your experience?

JMAN, any comparison to the super ls 3 wood? I'm currently gaming that thing and it is just stupid long and easy to hit off the tee and deck. I love my driver so much I would really like to give one of these a go, but haven't had a chance to hit one yet. Any chance you can compare the two head to head based on your experience?

Sorry man, I actually have no time with the LS 3w, only the hybo's.

Maybe someone else can chime in though, sorry I'm not more help on this one.

I want one of these so bad I can taste it. The + is calling my name loudly and Jman you are a wealth of info in here dude, thank you for continuously updating these threads and answering all the questions you do, it's great information.

What are peoples thoughts on the Red Tie in the +?

After pondering putting another 7 Wood in the bag, these were at the top of my list after having the Amp Cell before. I wish I would never have sold that club, to be honest.

I went in to hit the 7 Wood and they were sold out, but had a demo, so I spent some time on it and I can't believe they improved the Amp Cell, but they did. I liked it so much that I bought the 3-4 Wood and ordered the 5-7 Wood. I hit the X2 Hot, Big Bertha, SLDR and Jetspeed while I was there, but none of them gave me the consistency of the Bio Cell.

I was actually planning on getting the Big Bertha 3 Wood, but the Bio Cell was just a better fit for me.

Final held the + 3w today. Holly crap, it's tiny. Looks amazing, but for a 3w, just too small for me.

Final held the + 3w today. Holly crap, it's tiny. Looks amazing, but for a 3w, just too small for me.

I don't find the 3 wood to be small at all, but my last 2 fairway woods were the Amp Cell and the Cleveland Classic XL. I actually think the head on the XL looks smaller at address. I'm hoping that my 5-7 Wood comes in tomorrow so I can game it in Hilton Head.

On a side note: Has anyone found that the paint on the bottom of the Bio Cell wears off pretty fast? I've only had mine for a week and it has seen 3 range sessions and 6 holes of golf and it has already worn through the paint where it brushes the ground near the heel. I live in The Sandhills and the sand is hard on painted clubs, but I've never had one wear off this quickly.

I don't find the 3 wood to be small at all, but my last 2 fairway woods were the Amp Cell and the Cleveland Classic XL. I actually think the head on the XL looks smaller at address. I'm hoping that my 5-7 Wood comes in tomorrow so I can game it in Hilton Head.

On a side note: Has anyone found that the paint on the bottom of the Bio Cell wears off pretty fast? I've only had mine for a week and it has seen 3 range sessions and 6 holes of golf and it has already worn through the paint where it brushes the ground near the heel. I live in The Sandhills and the sand is hard on painted clubs, but I've never had one wear off this quickly.

Compared to Amp and Amp Cell, I found it small. Might just be me though.

that's what I thought when I first saw them at the show.

Have any pictures?

Both of mine are still a-ok.

The Bio Cell is more shallow faced than the AC was and the AC was more shallow than the Amp was, they showed us the progression when we were out at Cobra. But overall footprint in the Bio to AC it is extremely close. The + though, way smaller.

Both of mine are still a-ok.

The Bio Cell is more shallow faced than the AC was and the AC was more shallow than the Amp was, they showed us the progression when we were out at Cobra. But overall footprint in the Bio to AC it is extremely close. The + though, way smaller.

We wont talk about my love of the BioCell 3-4 wood shape and size. I had to put it down and walk out of the store.

Sorry, somehow I completely missed the + in your original comment. Yes it is smaller. My reading skills are challenged tonight.

Sorry, somehow I completely missed the + in your original comment. Yes it is smaller. My reading skills are challenged tonight.

Haha no problem man.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I will try to get some pictures of the wear I am seeing tomorrow in the daylight. I tried to get a picture but it was difficult to see.

I'm not really worried about it, it's just paint. Just wondering if anyone else had had the experience but it looks like someone sanded it down. Nice straight lines through the paint on the heel where mine brushes the ground. The range where I've been hitting woods from is all mats except for the teeing ground which is pretty much straight sand right now, so i guess its just getting sanded off. I'm a short little guy, so most woods are very upright for me, hence where the contact with the ground occurs.

I hit a ton of clubs this weekend. The biggest surprise for me by far was the Bio Cell 5/7. Set at 18.5* with the stock shaft I was getting a very straight ball and 220 yards. I have never found a fairway that really set up well for me off the deck. This one just flat out works and is as close to automatic for me as they come. Stock shaft pairs perfectly IMO.

Back