Thoughts on golf simulators?

PeterKratsios

Reaction score
I know I speak for many people in the NE when I say the golf itch is real bad right now. I can't wait for this snow to clear up!!! That being said, I have been hitting up golf simulators more so than the range this winter. The technology has come a long long way making these simulators very accurate.

Does anyone else agree?

I like em. I do not like to pay for them.

I agree with Hawk. I like going to the store when I am planning on buying something and hitting a few items on the launch monitors and getting some numbers and whatnot but even as much as I want to golf I cant see spending $20-$30 to hit balls on a simulator.

$45 during peak times here. It's terrible. I could play two rounds of golf for that walking.

Living in the Northeast they are a means to continue swinging during the winter months. I don't put much stock in the yardages on them, just really try to focus (not always successful) on the mechanics of the swing. Recently had a training facility open up near me that is geared for golfers and baseball players to continue working during the winter months. As long as this facility remains open and I will do my best to make sure it does - I will use this and forego the Simulators.

I love them. They keep your swing nice and I go with friends so its sort of the same as the golf course.

Living in the Northeast they are a means to continue swinging during the winter months. I don't put much stock in the yardages on them, just really try to focus (not always successful) on the mechanics of the swing. Recently had a training facility open up near me that is geared for golfers and baseball players to continue working during the winter months. As long as this facility remains open and I will do my best to make sure it does - I will use this and forego the Simulators.

Yeah that simulator was somewhat disappointing, I'm not a long ball hitter by any means with the driver but I was only hitting drives 197 yesterday and hitting 199 with my 4 hybrid off the deck? But I agree, up in the North, simulators and indoor ranges are the only thing we can cling to in the winter.

Back