Who here loves your black tie?

ShanksaloT

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13 WHS
Hi all,

Long story short, I acquired a Black Tie 6M 3.1 S-Flex shaft middle of last season but never really put in the time to try it out till we had a heat wave last night in NY (55 degrees woo hoo!)

I went ahead and installed the shaft in my Tmade R11S head which I absolutely love 90% of the time...my miss is typically a high slice when I would try to get after it.

After tinkering with the loft on the shaft, I settled on setting it to its highest loft mark (I believe it is 12*) and was hitting stripe after stripe with very little dispersion and a nice, "boring" / piercing ball flight...and when I really tried to go after it instead of being relatively straight it was a nice fade...can't wait to get it in the course! It's going to take a lot to get this club out of my hands!

:act-up:

Its a high quality product.
For me it was too stout and low launching.
When looking at the shaft makeup the tip section of the shaft (last 10 inches), it makes it an extreme low launcher.

I love both of mine! I'll let ya know about the 5w once it gets here.

Lots of love on here for it. It just doesnt fit my swing at all. Felt like rebar and couldnt get the ball to stay in the air for long at all.

I have an affinity for mine. It's stout. But fits my swing nicely.

I have a Black Tie, it's the nicest alignment aid I own. It's a great shaft but I don't have enough speed, a quick enough transition or a steep enough angle for it to work for me.

I just aquire a blacktie in a 3 wood. So far im liking it. After talking to thp'ers and fondong oit it was rather low launching I had to try it. Dont think id put one in a driver, but for a 3 wood im lovin in

I just aquire a blacktie in a 3 wood. So far im liking it. After talking to thp'ers and fondong oit it was rather low launching I had to try it. Dont think id put one in a driver, but for a 3 wood im lovin in

Yeah ya do!

Its a high quality product.
For me it was too stout and low launching.
When looking at the shaft makeup the tip section of the shaft (last 10 inches), it makes it an extreme low launcher.

Not sure what it is, but I was just amazed how it was very consistent with the flight path, height, etc. Ill admit I did hit a few low on the face and they were screamers that were maybe 30 ft. off the ground but that was the indian and not the arrow.

Huge fan of this shaft. It is bar none my favorite wood shaft.

I really don't have any issue getting a good launch with my driver. The 3w gives me more issue getting elevated off the deck but I typically use it off the tee on short par 4's.

If I can get the 5w up off the deck it might be a game changer for me from 220-230 out.

I'm luke warm on mine, but I never gave it much of a chance because I didn't like the heads(Callaway XHot Pro & Razr Fit Xtreme). It's collecting dust in the garage.

Since I'm never settled on a driver for more than about 10 rounds, maybe this year I'll try it in another head that I really like such as my Adams, Bridgestone J33R, Cleveland 290, or Mizuno MP650.

I'm luke warm on mine, but I never gave it much of a chance because I didn't like the heads(Callaway XHot Pro & Razr Fit Xtreme). It's collecting dust in the garage.

Since I'm never settled on a driver for more than about 10 rounds, maybe this year I'll try it in another head that I really like such as my Adams, Bridgestone J33R, Cleveland 290, or Mizuno MP650.

Definitely try it out! You won't be surprised!

One of those shafts the works for me ATM with my awful swing. It plays stiff(to me) and doesn't feel fantastic, but if it works then no complaints.

I have a short backswing due to a straight up lack of flexibility. My assumption is this shaft works for me because my transition to the downswing is very harsh. That's my guess anyway, I am not smart enough to really know why it works but it does.

For my swing, the black tie does not feel overly stiff or "rebar-ish." It actually feels quite pleasant thru the swing and at contact.

Of course, the S flex black tie feels a lot like the X flex Fuji coming in my BBA. I just don't have enough experience swapping shafts and such to really know I guess.

Okay so im watching one right now for my r1...just to try lol. Dang it blu look what you started :)

Hey team mate. Send me your addy. I have one you can use to try. Just went from a black tie to Red Tie. Just getting some better numbers.

Hey team mate. Send me your addy. I have one you can use to try. Just went from a black tie to Red Tie. Just getting some better numbers.

That is just too kind my fellow hacker.

For me, the Kusala Black is the better option!

The black tie was a monster of a shaft to load at the 7m3 stiff, much more so tuan my 8q3 x stiff. Oban kiyoshi black is a very similar shaft in my experience. Many call it a black tie with "feel"

I got fit for the Razr Fit Xtreme last year with the black tie after trying a whole bunch of different combos. And it's the best head/combo I've played. Love the feel of the shaft and it feels really stable. I also don't have a full back swing more like 3/4 and my transition is a bit hard as well.

The black tie was a monster of a shaft to load at the 7m3 stiff, much more so tuan my 8q3 x stiff. Oban kiyoshi black is a very similar shaft in my experience. Many call it a black tie with "feel"

The Black Tie has a ton of feel...

It definitly is a monster though. I think it's a bit of a disservice to start with a black tie and work up. I almost feel like a Black Tie is where a golfer should end up. Not start.

The Black Tie has a ton of feel...

It definitly is a monster though. I think it's a bit of a disservice to start with a black tie and work up. I almost feel like a Black Tie is where a golfer should end up. Not start.

Im liking your logic sir. Would jave never considered buying one untill that 3 wood just happen to have one in it. Oddly enough I was able ro control trajectory with it better than many other 3 woods. Ao far its been a solid fit..

Only tried the 7m3 and it was okay I want to try the 6m3 that could work better.

Back