THP TV - KBS Tour V Shafts Preview

Im a low spin player, so these arent quote working out as planned. While I have not been able to hit Apex with Tour 90's against Tour V's, I believe The Tour 90's and the high launch will ultimately lead to bigger carry distances for me. The lower launch with the Tour V's just doesnt suit my swing at the moment.

I will say its a amazing feeling shaft, there is no doubt about that whatsoever, but like anything else certain things work better for certain players

And maybe there is a sweet spot for you with the C-Taper Lites...

Well now I am intrigued. I love my KBS tours, so if I get the same characteristics and lighter weight and little less spin, that's really ideal for me. Can't wait to put these through their paces in my Apex Pros.

Good interview, I'm really interested in these shafts this year, as a pretty high ball & spin hitter these sound right up my alley.

Really like the Tour 90s so I want to try these out because of the less spin

KG

Just Tapping Away

I'm not 100% sold on the Tour V versus the Tour shafts I played last year, although I'm sure it has more to do with it being winter in the northeast. I don't feel like I have as much control directionally with them, I like the heavier weight of the Tour, I feel like I stay back on the ball more. Although when I stay in sequence, I am getting a very nice flight and they feel very solid. I am not going to switch them back to the Tours from my old set until I get into non-winter swings since I think that could be contributing to me not having as much control, I want to give myself some time with them when I am swinging better before deciding.

I'm not 100% sold on the Tour V versus the Tour shafts I played last year, although I'm sure it has more to do with it being winter in the northeast. I don't feel like I have as much control directionally with them, I like the heavier weight of the Tour, I feel like I stay back on the ball more. Although when I stay in sequence, I am getting a very nice flight and they feel very solid. I am not going to switch them back to the Tours from my old set until I get into non-winter swings since I think that could be contributing to me not having as much control, I want to give myself some time with them when I am swinging better before deciding.

Is it possibly due to the fact the Tours are more counter balanced rather than the Tour-v? Maybe that difference is throwing you a bit off?

Im just throwing stuff out there; i have no experience with the Tour vs Tour-V just stuff I've read.

I think i'm just going to buy one of each shaft and try them out.

Can honestly say I knew nothing of these shafts until reading this. Being a fairly high spin player, I can bring my spin down with the feel of KBS Tour's and a lighter weight offering (which I'm a BIG fan of)? These are definitely must tries for me. Would really enjoy putting them head to head against others on a monitor.

I finally had the chance to hit the Vs in both the Apex Pro and Apex heads. Coming from the regular Tours, I was a touch worried about the lighter weight, but those worries went away quickly. Really like the feel, and saw good numbers, for me, in both Apex heads. Would like to try this shaft in the i25s and the Bio Cell+.

Is it possibly due to the fact the Tours are more counter balanced rather than the Tour-v? Maybe that difference is throwing you a bit off?

Im just throwing stuff out there; i have no experience with the Tour vs Tour-V just stuff I've read.

I think i'm just going to buy one of each shaft and try them out.

That's a possibility, I'm just going to wait and see how they work for me when I am swinging better, it's been a bad winter here and the swing is rustier than usual.

I never really thought that iron shafts could make a difference until I started swinging clubs with KBS shafts. I found myself liking particular clubs more because of the feel from the shaft, then I realized that it was the shaft that was going me this feeling. KBS will likely be in my irons for the foreseeable future.

The TourVs are great. I put them into the Apex, and the combination is phenomenal.

I read that many of you wanted to give them a try. Has anyone done so and are playing them?
Thank you

I read that many of you wanted to give them a try. Has anyone done so and are playing them?
Thank you

They're in my apex pros and I love them. A great choice for someone who likes the KBS Tour feel and launch, but spins the ball just a little too much.

Thank you

I've hit them both and gotten fittings done with both with the same head, length etc. For me I got better numbers out of the Tour V's, but weren't that much differeance between the two as far as overall distance but I did get better launch and spin numbers out of the Tour V's for launch and spin... of course that's my swing and what fits me. They do retain the same great feel of the tours but in a slightly lighter package.

I have found the Tour V's to get the ball up more with my long irons than the tours, but that may be my better contact as well. That all being said, I have the Tour V's in my irons now and like what I'm seeing.

Has anyone been able to compare these with C-tapers? I'm looking to increase my height a bit.

Has anyone been able to compare these with C-tapers? I'm looking to increase my height a bit.

I haven't gamed the C-Tapers but did compare in a fitting a couple weeks ago. These will give you quite a bit of higher flight and are much easier to load IMO. I don't have a very agressive transition so the C-Taper didn't really work well for my swing, you might try out the CTL as well to increase your ball flight.

I have played tour V and c-taper, the feel is better on tour V for me. Mid launch vs lower. I can still hit a really high shot on demand with tour V, tough in the CT

Back