Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

My irons arrived today as well. They've found themselves quite a cozy spot in the bag already

068668E6-3298-4E66-8D83-02A8AF5E3984_zpsq8w1ikbe.jpg

I got out right after I picked them up and squeezed 8 holes in before sunset. These irons are awesome. Best shot of the day was fading the 6i into the green from 190-ish out, over some trees. There was a bunker at the front right and I played that shot exactly how I envisioned. A thing of beauty.

love seeing these irons making their way in to more people's bag.

Man, I wish I had one of those AWs. Still waiting on some to show up on eBay.

Lots of love for these irons good to see everyone's new sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just skimming but I have a question. Does the cavity slot on the back go right to the bottom or does it have that same infill like the speed pockets?

Just skimming but I have a question. Does the cavity slot on the back go right to the bottom or does it have that same infill like the speed pockets?

The cavity is not filled like the speed pocket.

I've got a co-worker who's looking to buy a set of these babies. Anyone knows someone who picked up a set and isn't happy with them drop me a line!

Played 18 today. I'm still not used to the shorter distances on the short irons. I left a few shots at the front of the green. Ball flight is higher for me these just drop and stop with no roll out. My home course has a lot of tall trees so this isn't a bad thing, I just need to get used to them.

Hit the 4 iron a few times off the tee and I loved how it played today. I think now I may consider replacing the 3 iron with a hybrid to better close the gap with the 3 wood.

I've got a co-worker who's looking to buy a set of these babies. Anyone knows someone who picked up a set and isn't happy with them drop me a line!

I will let you know. But if I hit them like I did at the fitting, I am not sure that anything will replace them anytime soon!

DELIVERED!

As a matter of fact . . . no!

I am at the course today and they were delivered here.

Still don't get to play!

The cavity is not filled like the speed pocket.

Thanks #Cookie. With them being open and by the looks quite skinny are they difficult to clean out?

I'm hoping to get in 18 tomorrow morning. Interested to see how these things do. They felt nice today at the range. I was looking for an iron that's a little more forgiving/less workable than my Clevelend CG Red Tours, and I'm feeling more and more confident that I picked the right irons. A little off the toe/heel doesn't affect these as much as the CG Reds. They're also much more self-willing to go straight. I don't have a perfect swing, and these don't amplify my mistakes as much as the CG Reds. Also, the KB Tour X-stiff is much more predictable to work with. Swinging the s300's in the CG Reds was.....something else.

Thanks #Cookie. With them being open and by the looks quite skinny are they difficult to clean out?

What would you have to clean out of the cavity? I take manhole covers instead of divots and haven't had any issues with dirt/mud/sand in the cavity.

Not that I've seen. Would think it dries out and falls out with the clubs inverted in the bag.

Worst case would be the air compressor cleaning them out really quickly.

If you're getting dirt in that part of the club head, wowza hahaha

Must be taking divots in your backswing.

I've had a few more rounds with these irons. I said in my initial review that they would sting a little bit on miss-hits. I haven't felt that at all on the course, only on the range mats.

It took me a couple rounds to get used to the distance loss on the short irons. I have had to take an extra club a few times but am getting them figured out. I am loving the accuracy though. Despite the distance loss they have been very accurate for me, consistent and straight. I am hitting a lot more greens.

Finally got pics. I didn't do an unboxing since that's been done. 4-AW, KBS Tour 90 steel shafts, regular flex.

P3263880_zpsdc162848.jpg
P3263881_zps0de5e72f.jpg

P3263883_zpsdb07c7a9.jpg
P3263886_zpsc3978b31.jpg

Thanks to JB and GG for arranging the fitting and the clubs, it is soooooo appreciated! I can't wait to actually get out and use them! They are still in pristine condition!

First round with these today. Had my first sub 90 round of the year and was one bad hole from my first sub 80 round.

My distances are all over right now as I am not only learning the new irons, but also a new swing. But shooting an 82 and not knowing how far these were going to go is encouraging.

Got my TP CB 4-A set few days ago.

~70* tomorrow, 15-30mph winds forecasted - first round of the year!

Sounds good Smalls. Hope you keep us the success as you get more comfortable with them.

Back