Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I played golf today, course was wet real wet and greens were way slower than I expected and I didn't adjust well. It may have been cool and windy, the grass may have been brown and course not in optimum shape but dang it I finally got out for the first time this year.

Exactly my thoughts after my round yesterday. Congrats on getting out there!

Tappin it up

Passed on Swamill Creek, but it occurred to me that I could drop kids off at Cedar Point & then play 36 or 54! Maybe next year.

There is a Stow/Kent course offered now: Raccoon Hills (my league plays here - not as nice as Fox Den):

http://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php?id=1003729

For those of us down here in Central Ohio..

http://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php?id=1003735

National Road, out in West Jefferson? $12/round with cart and range. Never been there..anyone have any thoughts on this course? Seems short.

Passed on Swamill Creek, but it occurred to me that I could drop kids off at Cedar Point & then play 36 or 54! Maybe next year.

There is a Stow/Kent course offered now: Raccoon Hills (my league plays here - not as nice as Fox Den):

http://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php?id=1003729

I subscribed to this website but they haven't sent me any emails and now I'm pissed. I missed Fox Den and Raccoon Hill both of which I played last year at least 20-30 times! I subscribed again hopefully I will get an email this time

Anyone in northwest indiana.. I just purchased a member ship at michigan city municipal ( 36 hole facility) for $1200 with full cart use.. For 36 wonderful challenging holes..this is a great great deal

Ohio, indiana, Kentucky Area chat thread

Hey guys! Wanted to make sure y'all were aware of an outing in southeast MI that is getting some traction. The Legacy in Ottawa Lake, MI is having a scramble on April 12. We are putting together some foursomes for it. We already have 6 people committed, and 2 interested. We'd love to have you out there!

See http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...heck-in-here&p=2886780&viewfull=1#post2886780 for more info.

Last edited:

Thanks for tossing that in here, I have to work that weekend unfortunately!

Louisville, So pretty close the center point of the 3 states represented in this thread.
My son lives in Mt Washington, I can't seem to get him back in golf. I'm on the other end of the KY than you located just off Rt 23 and I have a brother that I golf with sometines in Springfield , Ohio. I'll try to follow this thread this year and see if I can meet a few of the THP's

My son lives in Mt Washington, I can't seem to get him back in golf. I'm on the other end of the KY than you located just off Rt 23 and I have a brother that I golf with sometines in Springfield , Ohio. I'll try to follow this thread this year and see if I can meet a few of the THP's

We played up in SPringfield just last year I believe, had quite a few people show up, hopefully u can meet up with some fellas this year

For those of us down here in Central Ohio..

http://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php?id=1003735

National Road, out in West Jefferson? $12/round with cart and range. Never been there..anyone have any thoughts on this course? Seems short.

This National course is my list of courses to play in 2014, my brother lives not far from there, I have driven by this place several times, looks like a nice challenge.

My favorite so far in Springfield is Windy Knoll and Locust Hills

Hey guys. Was hoping to try and have a little get together at a course near me that's one of the best in the city.

I was looking at either the weekend of the 19th or 26th of April. The course is Cherry Hill Golf Club. It's a neat course and the par 3 6th is their signature island hole!

So if you are interested let me know soon and I might be able to work out a good deal.

I will play Dan. Have to be Sunday tho

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I will play Dan. Have to be Sunday tho

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

We will see what works best. But I like Sunday as well.

The 19th works for me, the 20th is Easter so I'm guessing that's out for most

Finally sunny and warm (sorta) on my day off. I'm headed to play soon, who else is lucky enough to enjoy the sun were we getting in Ohio?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The 19th works for me, the 20th is Easter so I'm guessing that's out for most

Easter smeaster. Just means the course will be less crowded.

Finally sunny and warm (sorta) on my day off. I'm headed to play soon, who else is lucky enough to enjoy the sun were we getting in Ohio?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hit em well buddy I will tomorrow or sat when I'm off.

Easter smeaster. Just means the course will be less crowded.

Agreed! Wife may not but I do

GregDan, put me down for this. Either weekend works for me, but preference is on the 19th over 26th.

Back