Scotty Cameron putters

How deep is the milling on the face on yours Hawk? Mine you can tell there is milling, but it is nowhere near as deep as my SeeMore or Clevelands it seems.

Did you strip the paint out before doing the CLR? Did you pull the weights out of yours as well before doing all this?

The milling is quite faint on mine as well. Didn't remove paint or weights and neither were affected.

I am still curious as to which Japanese putters there are and are being referenced. Intrigued, really.

maybe he is referring to gold's factory putters... they are truly 'balanced' putter compared to what other brands call balanced...

of course buying one will cost you upwards of $1500 bucks.. and $500ish to "rebalance" and refinish a putter... check out this article... what they do is actually pretty friggin cool, and kind of puts all of the other 'handcrafted' pretty putters on alert

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/topic/35150-craigs-excellent-japan-adventure-part-1-golds-factory/

that said... would I see much difference in one of these putter vs my seemore m6? meh... doubt it... but you have to admire the craftsmanship and attention to detail

Not a surprise to me at all this evening after bringing home the Scotty.

"Oh you bought me a Scotty Camerons putter." says the wife.

"Uhhhh sure". Not surprising since she has always been drawn to Scottys in the store.

CLR'd the finish off, and cleaned it up with some steel wool. Really happy I saw Hawk's refinish product, loving how this thing looks so far. Just need to decide on a paint fill and a grip for it.

Cut the fatso superstroke off as well, threw on a much smaller golf pride grip, suits me much better now.

Not a surprise to me at all this evening after bringing home the Scotty.

"Oh you bought me a Scotty Camerons putter." says the wife.

"Uhhhh sure". Not surprising since she has always been drawn to Scottys in the store.

Haha sounds like you have an opportunity here. Donate this Cameron to your wife in exchange for years of club buying bliss.

Scotty Cameron putters

I just went through this entire thread. I really want a Scotty now. I'm as big a SeeMore fan boy as they come, but no putter collection is complete without a Scotty.

Also Joe that blue looks phenomenal buddy. Amazing gift from your wife there.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way for us Canucks to have reasonable access to the Scotty Custom Shop. I'd definitely send in my GoLo for the full treatment.

Haha sounds like you have an opportunity here. Donate this Cameron to your wife in exchange for years of club buying bliss.

I am actually in the progress of a new pink paintfill on it. Need to find a grip to go with it, and I should be in the good books for a while!

I am actually in the progress of a new pink paintfill on it. Need to find a grip to go with it, and I should be in the good books for a while!

Can't wait to see that pink paintfill. I was actually contemplating pink on mine, because I wear a lot of pink and I get a lot of s**t for it. Seemed only fitting for me.

Hurry up Brad. I want to see pics :)

I'm thinking about taking the green out of mine and just doing black or white.

but no putter collection is completely without a Scotty.

Hmmm. Not sure my collection agrees, but I know many others that love them.

Hurry up Brad. I want to see pics :)

I'm thinking about taking the green out of mine and just doing black or white.

That stings...:D

That stings...:D

Hahaha. I knew that might not be popular. I am boring. You saw what I did to my 588 wedges. Took all the color right off of them.

I've seen pictures your collection is most impressive I've seen. I just want to own one more so to say I have one. More for the nostalgia feeling I suppose if that's the right word.

Well.... here goes.
BidVbEwCMAAXda5.jpg

Acrylic, not expecting it to hold up really well. Wife ended up happy with it. If I let her use it is another thing ;)

I have a Newport 2 that I just added to my bag at the beginning of this year. Great Balance and feel and the ball really rolls off of the face. Hoping that this will be in my bag for quite a while even though my past history doesn't lean that way!!!!

Keep a eye out on used equipment on the different golf forums out there. Good deals to be had.

Joe

Just rolled the new Fastback last night. The shop had one in already set to my preferred length. From 5', I went 10 for 10. From 10', I went 20 for 20. From 15', I couldn't sink a single one. Around 0 for 100 I think. I had the distance right as every ball stopped just 3" left of the hole. I even went back to 20' and got similar results. Every ball died 2-6" just left of the hole.

I spoke with one of the guys that runs the SAM putt lab at the shop and he noted that I tend to get a rushed tempo on the longer putts, which could lead to me pushing the ball slightly.

Either way, I'm going to hawk ponder this one for a few, since it's more than I'd care to spend on a new putter right now.

Scotty Cameron putters

My fastback. I love this head shape.

py9y8eta.jpg

veme7egy.jpg

8eba6a8u.jpg

Just picked up my first Scotty, a slightly used California Monterey. Hopefully it helps with those three jacks :).

Love that shape. Looooooooove it.

Just picked up my first Scotty, a slightly used California Monterey. Hopefully it helps with those three jacks :).

Monterey is one of the most beautiful Scotty's ever. I'm jealous.

I have one old Cameron Pro Platinum Newport in my minimal collection, and I barely pay the brand any attention at the stores because I have no intent on spending that much for something I intend to use, but I laid eyes on the 2012 Select Newport 2.6 the other day, and if I was going to have one more, that would be it.

A019636a.JPG
I've had this guy for about a year now. 350g 009, charcoal mist, beached, siteline. Still love it. Scotty putters aren't magic and certainly not for everyone but I've found a few that I really like….but there are a lot of other brands out there I don't mind either.

Monterey is one of the most beautiful Scotty's ever. I'm jealous.

I am even more excited to receive, when it comes on Friday I will take pics and post. Hope get some time in before Lake Charles event.

Back