Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 160 yards

Votes: 61 25.5%
  • 165 and up

Votes: 76 31.8%

• Total voters
Ping G25 135 - 140.
Callaway Apex 150 - 155.

170 for me. I live at 4k+ elevation so I'm sure that helps.

160 and up is when I pull the 7I, until I reach my 6I. When I went to do some shaft testing to get my spin down, the Apex Pros were 10-15 yards longer than my CMB's(and felt great by the way).

Having seen my trackman and flightscope numbers the last few weeks I have been in the 160-165 yard range. The interesting and positive outlook I have the potential of adding another 5-8 yards on top of that once my swing changes are in place.

I've always had power with my clubs and during a fitting I somehow hit a 7i 200 yards. I think the sim was juiced though, however I can hit it regularly 170-180, and that's if I hit it flush on the screws.

I was fitted 2 weeks ago and was doing the same distance on Trackman. Idk what they had keyed in, but I honestly didn't appreciate the fluffed numbers. My numbers in the real world are very similar to yours, but I have yet to hit the range with the new irons.

My Mizuno JPX 825 average is 163 yards.

My new Speedbades so far two GPS shots, 172 and 178 yards.

3 Shot with the new 8 iron 163, 164,and 160 yards.

I wish I hit a 7 iron over 160 but mine is 150-155 max

The ball will be sitting in it's pitchmark at 140 with my MP67s.

7 iron recently became my 150 yard club. Been steadily building clubhead speed and improving my ball striking. Wind & other factors come into play. But if I'm at the white stake, I'm checking the depth of the green and remembering what pin position was posted at the clubhouse. A front or middle pin and no wind or elevation difference, if I'm striking the ball well at all that day, I'm pulling my 7 iron.

I hit the 7 iron about 150.

It it was interesting to find out the loft and length are not standard across all the major OEMs. I never knew that before this thread.

I know my PING Karsten irons are referred to as "distance irons" but now I wonder if I'm really hitting what used to be a 6 iron 150 yards.

I looked up the specs and my 7 iron has a loft of 30.5 degrees and it's 37 inches long.

170 for me. I live at 4k+ elevation so I'm sure that helps.

I did forget to take into account my hitting at nearly 5K' ASL. Can't hurt.

Let's remember that 7 iron lofts are all over the board. I hit my 7 iron 168, but I hit my son's rocket ball 7 iron about 183. Makes sense that his 7 iron carries the same distance as my 6 iron since their lofts are almost identical; 30.5* vs 31*.

195- I play at about 5,000 ft above sea level. Golf balls go farther in the desert. 180 everywhere else. I play nike vr procombo irons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

170 I play with some altitude.

160 is perfect distance for me but since switching to the rocketbladez I have hit a few greens at the 170-175 range

160-ish, with 170 if struck really well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

170 yards. The JPX-800s are filthy long. Im not a long-hitter but those clubs make me look like I am.

155 yards

175 with my Cobra blades at sea level. The ball is going a bit further with the PING i25's.

150 is the number for me, maybe a couple more up toward 155.

165-170 for me depending on conditions.

Let's remember that 7 iron lofts are all over the board. I hit my 7 iron 168, but I hit my son's rocket ball 7 iron about 183. Makes sense that his 7 iron carries the same distance as my 6 iron since their lofts are almost identical; 30.5* vs 31*.

yes well, this is all due to the golfing world's obsessions with distance and then the manufacturers not only feeding into it but even further enhancing it by wanting the longest clubs claims and feeding our egos. The average amateur use to hit an 7iron where he now hits an 8iron for a false sense of improvement and bragging rights. But truth is he is still not as long as the longer hitter because he too also moved up a club legnth. And the longer hitter also feels a false sense of improvement and bragging rights. The whole thing is just stupid imo.

All it has done imo is do away with the longest iron for many people but also caused a gap at the short end of the bag and that old longest iron is now repleaced with the need for another wedge (like a gap, or approach) to now fill the gap created between the pw and sw. Through the decades technology has improved distance but this loft game is rediculous imo. The basic amateur weekend hacker (leaving lob wedges out of the equation) who carried 3-9,pw,sw for many years now carries a 4-9,pw,gw,sw. I dont know if it will stop. Soon it will be 5-9, pw,gw, _w,sw. As the numbers keep falling off the scale. Perhpas they should have a standard rule where a ceratin couple/few degrees must be numbered accordingly and stop the nonsense. But truth is it sells to our stupid egos and makes money and thats the bottom line.

Back