Scramble at The Legacy in SE MI

This weekend nothing planned:

Next weekend gone from Friday- Wednesday for the Tuesday Masters practice round and SC THP golf gathering, then Saturday winning this scramble!!!

Going to be awesome!

Yup! I'm Bragging!

Gee so glad everybody wants to play with me.... :p

The "captains" were just placeholder names for the groups that I had to give The Legacy. :)

In truth, I am all about this being a fun time. That's why I lean on personal preference choices first. Now that being said, it seems we have ourselves a few popular kids in the classroom that everyone wants to hang with. Unfortunately someone is going to have to get stuck with the nerds in the back corner instead. :wink:

The "captains" were just placeholder names for the groups that I had to give The Legacy. :)

In truth, I am all about this being a fun time. That's why I lean on personal preference choices first. Now that being said, it seems we have ourselves a few popular kids in the classroom that everyone wants to hang with. Unfortunately someone is going to have to get stuck with the nerds in the back corner instead. :wink:

Nerds unite!! At least that was me in high school.

Some course highlights/tips from my playing there:

• It's a pretty wide open course, with only a couple of exceptions. But if the wind is blowing, some holes can turn into monsters.
  • Of the area courses I have played here, the greens at The Legacy have been the fastest. No idea how they will be after this winter, but if they can get things dry by then they will roll good.
  • Hole #5 gives you some options. There are two fairways to go at. Hit out to the right and you are safe from any distance. But if you can clear 230 in the air you have the option to go after the left fairway, and leave yourself under 100 to the green. The wind will be a major factor in your decision for this tee shot.
  • Hole #8 is the signature hole. Two words - island green. All the times I played there the blues never played longer than 120 or so, even though they are listed at 145. But if you land on the opposite side of the green from the pin, your putt could find the water if you're not careful.
  • Hole #10 gives you options as well. It is a hard dogleg left. But you have a straight shot at the green from the tee that's about 250ish. But you have to carry water 100% of the way to do it, and going over leaves you likely on the 17th fairway and a tricky shot to keep it on the green and not go into the water on the way back. Big risk/reward hole to start the back 9.
  • On #14, you stand at the tee box and think you can grab driver and bomb away. And you can, as long as you keep it in the fairway. Miss right and it's OB (with razor wire making it really a lost ball), miss left and if the fairways are rolling at all your ball is wet in the lake that dominates the second half of the hole all the way to the green.
  • #16 is a simple par three, surrounded by trees. One of the prettiest holes when everything is in bloom.
  • #17 makes you choose off the tee again. Big dogleg right at about 210. You can go safe down the left side but have to club down. Or you can take driver and try and cut the corner, but have to carry the water to do it.
  • #18 depends on where the tee boxes are. If it is where the blues usually play you have to carry water. But the fairway is a strip between two ponds. If you can bomb it and go all the way over the left pond, you've got a good shot at birdie. But go right and there is less water to carry initially, but go too far and you'll end up in the right pond. That right pond also comes into play for hte approach shot.

FWIW, at this time here are the groupings I have. Subject to change if anyone really has an issue:

(golf3rguy) + 1
(PhillyV)
Adam Hartzell

rbarthle17 + 1
(OhioMatt)
(DavidWinchell)

(tpluff)
(GregDan)
(mikedean441)
(Robman7)

(Bullfrog) + Brock

(Michigan Slice)
TyJohnston

FWIW, at this time here are the groupings I have. Subject to change if anyone really has an issue:

(golf3rguy) + 1
(PhillyV)
Adam Hartzell

rbarthle17 + 1
(OhioMatt)
(DavidWinchell)

(tpluff)
(GregDan)
(mikedean441)
(Robman7)

(Bullfrog) + Brock

(Michigan Slice)
TyJohnston

I'm fine with about anything. Teams look good to me. How is your +1 as a player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with about anything. Teams look good to me. How is your +1 as a player?

He's good with the short game and putting. Those two save his scores regularly. He also is the luckiest SOB I know on the golf course. Expect at least 3 members bounces a round from him. The scramble format should cover his issues off the tee box, but he did tell me that he hopes to have that fixed this year.

(golf3rguy) + 1
(PhillyV)
Adam Hartzell

rbarthle17 + 1
(OhioMatt)
(DavidWinchell)

(tpluff)
(GregDan)
(mikedean441)
(Robman7)

(Bullfrog) + Brock

(Michigan Slice)
TyJohnston

Looks like solid teams to me. Watch out for THP Legacy, we are gonna sweep that podium plus 4th and maybe 5th!

I would kinda like to get Winchell on my team if at all possible

Me Winchell Ty and CJ? Put it in the books

I was hoping the teams would be a little more even. It can be discouraging if only two of our five teams have any shot to win. I think we have enough talent to spread things out. Just my 2 cents.

I was hoping the teams would be a little more even. It can be discouraging if only two of our five teams have any shot to win. I think we have enough talent to spread things out. Just my 2 cents.

I'm cool with however the teams end up. If someone wants to step up and assign based on HDCP, I'm more than cool with that.

I am open to discussion on that. It's your choices. If you want me to pair based on HDCP, send me your HDCP if it's not in your Bio and I'll work on it. I just don't want anyone not happy with their groups.

Or better yet, if someone else wants to pair based on HDCP, please do. I've not played with any of you yet, so I may not be the best decision maker here.

Scramble at The Legacy in SE MI

Whose team am I on? Remember I'm a fwy finder!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I am open to discussion on that. It's your choices. If you want me to pair based on HDCP, send me your HDCP if it's not in your Bio and I'll work on it. I just don't want anyone not happy with their groups.

Or better yet, if someone else wants to pair based on HDCP, please do. I've not played with any of you yet, so I may not be the best decision maker here.

I don't mean to be the squeaky wheel. I know we will all have a great time no matter what. I was just throwing out ideas.

If this is like any other scramble Ive played in there will be a few teams with a bunch of close to scratch golfers who shoot -22 and win, dont think we will sniff that no offense to anyone here

I don't think it really matters. It's just for fun and I really don't think teams are that bad. It's a scramble and not a stroke play event. Anything can happen in a scramble.

I'll go with the group. All I know is I'm ready for some golf.

Back