Slow down and ease back into things, Kelly. You know what you need to do.

I know I need to slow down. I just got a taste of feeling really good for a few days and thought I was Superwoman. Now I know better. I am looking forward to starting PT tomorrow if I can get there in this ice storm.

I know I need to slow down. I just got a taste of feeling really good for a few days and thought I was Superwoman. Now I know better. I am looking forward to starting PT tomorrow if I can get there in this ice storm.

Feeling good is like the best and worst thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The disc in my neck took about six months of physical therapy.

Well Beth has L4/L5 bulge. Going to try anti-inflammatories & PT for a few weeks. If that doesn't cure her they will do a nerve block.

Hope you get to start. I told them I play golf & dance & other things that could tweak me, so they could design a program to help me long term. Worked great for me!

Glad you're doing better Kellybo! Good luck with PT, you'll be teeing it up in no time.

Anyone ever done the whole nerve block injection thing?

I am scheduled to have them done Thursday and I am a little nervous.

Glad you're doing better Kellybo! Good luck with PT, you'll be teeing it up in no time.

Thanks! PT is great so far. I'm lucky enough to have a therapist who has a doctorate and is training someone going for their doctorate. I'm getting excellent therapy and can already see a big difference.

Yes! I had 4 epidurals total (one in 2012 and three in 2013). The last one I received was a transforaminal epidural which was supposed to be more effective. I've seen them referred to as a nerve block but I'm not sure if it's the same thing. Unfortunately for me, they only brought temporary relief (2-3 weeks). I've seen them work wonders for others though. There's nothing to be nervous about. The procedure is an easy one. I never remembered anything. Best wishes for success!

My progress report:

6 weeks since surgery
2 weeks since starting PT 3x week

Two weeks ago I could only extend my right knee (laying down on my back) 28 degrees short of straight because my hamstrings were so tight. Today my therapist wanted to measure my progress since starting PT and I extended all the way to 0 degrees (completely straight) with no pain. I think they were as excited as I was. I also almost touched my toes when bending.

I'm still having some residual nerve pain and I suffer a bit if I do too much but am well on my way to getting better. I asked if I could start putting and my therapist told me to wait a little longer. I am so optimistic about my progress and can't say enough about how wonderful PT is for my recovery.

Golf is on the horizon! :golf:

Tomorrow will be 2 months since surgery and 4 weeks since starting PT. I am happy to report that they let me hit balls with a SW into their net at PT today and everything went really well. They told me to hit about 20 balls to see how I held up. The only thing bothering me was the upper back so they are adding more exercises to help add flexibility there.

They have me doing a lot of strengthening exercises and want me to continue for 2-4 more weeks before going out on my own. Luckily they have a wellness program that I can join for 90 days at $40/mo that will allow me access to therapists and all their equipment. I'll probably do at least a month or so of that.

The best news is that I'm going to start going to the course now and chip, putt, and hit pitch shots. I expect to be trying 9 holes within a week or two! Woohoo!

That's wonderful news Kelly Bo! Very happy for you. I like the idea of the wellness program. Sounds like they have a great facility and staff.

Tomorrow will be 2 months since surgery and 4 weeks since starting PT. I am happy to report that they let me hit balls with a SW into their net at PT today and everything went really well. They told me to hit about 20 balls to see how I held up. The only thing bothering me was the upper back so they are adding more exercises to help add flexibility there.

They have me doing a lot of strengthening exercises and want me to continue for 2-4 more weeks before going out on my own. Luckily they have a wellness program that I can join for 90 days at $40/mo that will allow me access to therapists and all their equipment. I'll probably do at least a month or so of that.

The best news is that I'm going to start going to the course now and chip, putt, and hit pitch shots. I expect to be trying 9 holes within a week or two! Woohoo!

That is truly great news Kelly! Hell, I can barely get my hammies to 0' and I stretch just about every day! Do you find you have one that requires more attention than the other?

Great news KellyBo! Really happy for you!

My right leg that was affected by the herniation is definitely weaker and we're working on strengthening it. I was able to get to zero degree hamstring stretch with both legs at one month reevaluation but didn't pass the strength tests in the right leg. Both hamstrings were really tight at first with 28* and 25* from straight so I've come a long ways. After hitting balls at PT and carrying my granddaughter around this past week, I've started hurting again. This too shall pass. My therapist is recommending 4 more weeks of PT 3x week. I haven't missed a day yet and will continue to work hard.

My right leg that was affected by the herniation is definitely weaker and we're working on strengthening it. I was able to get to zero degree hamstring stretch with both legs at one month reevaluation but didn't pass the strength tests in the right leg. Both hamstrings were really tight at first with 28* and 25* from straight so I've come a long ways. After hitting balls at PT and carrying my granddaughter around this past week, I've started hurting again. This too shall pass. My therapist is recommending 4 more weeks of PT 3x week. I haven't missed a day yet and will continue to work hard.

Great progress Kelly. Keep up the PT and in no time you'll be kicking our butts on Lane Creek. I'm actually looking forward to that. HaHa.

Sorry I missed this, but yes I had it done a few times. How did yours turn out?

It was very painful during the procedure for me, but I would feel much better for a couple months afterwards. It just seemed like every time the pain would return, it would get worse and I guess the lack of pain was making me cause more damage long-term.

Remember it's a process and it takes quite a while to do anything pain free. But you've got the right attitude.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Kelly Bo sounds like you are on the way to great recovery. That is really good for you to be able to at least practice hitting balls, after finding out that my bulging discs shouldn't prevent me from playing it sure made me feel better. Hope your game returns to low scores and good health.

Just keep on that schedule. PT folks these days are miracle workers. You're going to be great by the end of the year, I bet. And watch out for 2015, people. The year of KellyBo.

Congrats on the progress KB, sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Good to hear you are golfing to some degree, just don't over do it.

Back