Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

I've got my alpha finally tuned in. I think. Time to throw away the wrench, or at least hide it. Set to 9* core down, 7 in the heel 5 on the toe. I've got to get it on the launch monitor to see if I need to tweet it. But it seems to be working quite well for me as long as I trust my swing and not try to kill it.

I hit JBs this weekend. I think it was set to 11* with the gravity core up down. My swing has been out of sorts lately but I was very surprised by the forgiveness. As far as can tell, the Alpha is a winner.

WInner is an understatement. he hit some balls that would give some tour pros a run for their money. Long high and ....long. Especially the first one.

You hammered that ball. Hammered it.

It makes me sad how much I liked it. I do not need to be lusting over this driver. Thanks for letting me hit it???

It makes me sad how much I liked it. I do not need to be lusting over this driver. Thanks for letting me hit it???

My RFX was quickly traded in when I dropped my spin by 550-600 rpm and added 20y on the monitor.

I've given a lot of people a warning when they want to hit the Alpha:

Once you hit it, you'll either be buying or crying.

When this rain nonsense finally ends, I'm getting back out to work with the Alpha. G4L makes a valid point -- changing the core makes a completely different driver. Right now, mine is forgiving, but the ridiculous distance isn't there. I need to get my swing together so I can get the core back down and start booming this thing again.

Still, I'm very impressed with the forgiveness. I had some just plain terrible swings that weren't completely dead this weekend. Much, much better than I deserved.

My RFX was quickly traded in when I dropped my spin by 550-600 rpm and added 20y on the monitor.

That's a massive gain, good grief!

When this rain nonsense finally ends, I'm getting back out to work with the Alpha. G4L makes a valid point -- changing the core makes a completely different driver. Right now, mine is forgiving, but the ridiculous distance isn't there. I need to get my swing together so I can get the core back down and start booming this thing again.

Still, I'm very impressed with the forgiveness. I had some just plain terrible swings that weren't completely dead this weekend. Much, much better than I deserved.

You just reminded me that I'm a complete idiot for not hitting your driver yesterday. I guess I didn't want to mess with your 74 mojo.

You just reminded me that I'm a complete idiot for not hitting your driver yesterday. I guess I didn't want to mess with your 74 mojo.

Yeah. You should have hit this. It's a beast (despite the junk I was doing with it yesterday).

I'm crying. Distance seemed to the same as my Cleveland but the forgiveness was ridiculous.

I don't think I've ever seen some one hit a Black Tie with the same trajectory as a wedge but you did it in Florida. I imagine you crush the Alpha.

You could have tried mine.

Yeah. You should have hit this. It's a beast (despite the junk I was doing with it yesterday).
We should get out again sometime soon and compare now that I have a few rounds in with my Alpha.

Couldn't resist myself so I had to grab a few balls out of my shag bag and took them out to the back yard. Idk if I'm allowed to say this but this driver feels borderline orgasmic when you catch her right on the screws and is sinfully forgiving across the rest of the face.

I was able to get acquainted with the Big Bertha Alpha today before and during my round at Waterlefe with JB.

I love the sound and the feel of this thing at impact, it's just a solid when you connect with it. I know that's pretty subjective, but, that's how it feels!

I left the setting on 11* and the gravity core down to start. I was really enjoying the ball flight, mid-high launch that really seemed to carry forever. With the gravity core down I was seeing a carry of 225-230. Spin was right around 3000-3500. I felt pretty satisfied with that but we went ahead and flipped it to see the change.

With the gravity core up, I was seeing an average of 235 carry, but the spin was down to 2800. I couldn't believe that that little change just netted me 5 more yards of carry and 200-300 decrease in spin.

Overall, I really like what I saw from the Alpha, on course results were straight lasers and one that was lost because I blew through a dog leg with it. I will let a full fitting do the talking, but if I can duplicate these results, it's going to be hard to not say yes to the Alpha.

Dear Callaway,

The BBA is an absolute beast! I only positively measured two drives but one was a little cut that went 310 and the other was a 326y draw!

The BBA just flat out performs for me. I loved my RFX but this is quickly winning me over.

Dear Callaway,

The BBA is an absolute beast! I only positively measured two drives but one was a little cut that went 310 and the other was a 326y draw!

The BBA just flat out performs for me. I loved my RFX but this is quickly winning me over.

This is awesome! Sounds like you are super excited and hitting absolute bombs. I love when a purchase goes that way!

Dear Callaway,

Those are bombs. I had a feeling you were gonna crush it

They had a demo day at our course yesterday day. I resisted the urge to hit the Alpha. Didn't want to torture myself anymore.

Those are bombs. I had a feeling you were gonna crush it

They had a demo day at our course yesterday day. I resisted the urge to hit the Alpha. Didn't want to torture myself anymore.

Worth every penny! The X stiff performs pretty similar to my old black tie.

I had the opportunity to hit this driver for the first time today and I really liked it. It had the lowest spin numbers for me out of the four different drivers I tried(SLDR, PING G25, PING i25) I eventually went with the i25 because I'm obsessed with the racing stripes and the numbers were similar to the Big Bertha Alpha.

What a fantastic day with the alpha. Lots of wind, but the low spin gave me more distance off the tee into the wind then I've ever experienced before.

What a fantastic day with the alpha. Lots of wind, but the low spin gave me more distance off the tee into the wind then I've ever experienced before.

Did you play with the white tie? Or was that someone else that just installed adaptor on one?

Did you play with the white tie? Or was that someone else that just installed adaptor on one?

Yes. White Tie. Loved the feel of it. Great launch and I didn't see any heavy ballooning. Need to get it on a monitor to confirm what I was seeing but it felt great.

I just installed adaptor on my 7x3 and will try in standard bertha first. I have 10.5 alpha on its way and I cant wait to see how it performs

Hit this on the launch monitor today out at the range with a THPer. It beat out just about every driver I threw at it.

Back